I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 18th, 2011, 05:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
If that's the case they would have to contract you gys...but they can't because they have to have the money to ahead of time...
I'd love to see a copy of this new handbook. I may have to suck it up and go visit my buddies in one of the last 2 stores left in my state.... :/
The handbook may state that "talking trash" about the company is prohibited, but there are so many disgruntled ex employees that forcing those that work there to keep quiet is kind of a moot point, no?
Unread May 18th, 2011, 06:30 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Firefly View Post
I'd love to see a copy of this new handbook. I may have to suck it up and go visit my buddies in one of the last 2 stores left in my state.... :/
The handbook may state that "talking trash" about the company is prohibited, but there are so many disgruntled ex employees that forcing those that work there to keep quiet is kind of a moot point, no?
Yep fuck em

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
angrYbird (May 19th, 2011), Baby Firefly (May 18th, 2011)
Unread May 18th, 2011, 08:22 AM

haven't seen it yet, don't think I'm gonna bother. It probably says you can't wear shorts everyday like I do so I'd rather stay uninformed on that one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underemployed For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 18th, 2011), D Money (May 18th, 2011)
Unread May 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
haven't seen it yet, don't think I'm gonna bother. It probably says you can't wear shorts everyday like I do so I'd rather stay uninformed on that one.
Was talking to one of my BB buddies on a certain social networking site about this...she said she didn't even look at it yet. Meanwhile, another BB cheerleader...oops, employee, sorry, my bad!....piped up and defended it as a disclaimer like other big companies have. Whatever. As I said, keeping the remaining employees quiet is kind of meaningless when there are so many ex employees that they will never be able to reign in. Makes me giggle a li'l bit.
Unread May 18th, 2011, 06:14 PM

So there's a rumor flying around our district tonight that DMs and RDOs are in possession of a new store closing list that contains around 200 stores. I haven't been able to find out any specific stores at this point.

Has anyone else heard this too?
Unread May 18th, 2011, 07:05 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowImNothing View Post
So there's a rumor flying around our district tonight that DMs and RDOs are in possession of a new store closing list that contains around 200 stores. I haven't been able to find out any specific stores at this point.

Has anyone else heard this too?

I think you might be short a 0.
Unread May 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM

The list you are referring to is about 100-150 stores. Those are the leases that Dish decided to not pick up or weren't able to negotiate more favorable lease terms.
Unread May 19th, 2011, 07:32 AM
IHBB GOD

dam and i thought this thread had finally died.
Unread May 19th, 2011, 07:38 AM

I have a question, and since this seems to be the most active topic on the board, figured id post it here instead of making a new one on.

I was called about an application I had done for BBV, but I was told a while back by a person I knew who still worked there that I was put in as non rehire status by my old DM.

My question is would they have even been able to get my application/would they even bother calling me if I was truly put in as non-rehireable? or do they not find out until they try and run the BG Check?

Im just not wanting to waste time if im chasing a dead end trail, but I do really need a job ATM as unemployment truly sucks.
Unread May 19th, 2011, 07:43 AM

Good question, if you were put as non-rehireable and you applied and a background check was run it would show your rehire status as non-rehireable.