I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread April 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlanticVamp View Post
I tried to, but then she had the nerve to look me in the face and ask me, "So, then, you're just trying to tell me that you can't explain your job to me, is that it?"
See, that's when my temper takes the wheel over my customer service.

When a rude customer asks me a stupid question, I tend to give a smart ass answer. It gets me into a bit of trouble from time to time, but it's well worth seeing the looks on their faces when I tell them, as politely as possible, that they're fucking stupid.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread April 11th, 2007, 12:30 AM

A couple kids (fresh 18ners, my guess) came in returning a x360 game and a dead box for another one. Not a game pass. I get to their account, and it does not have a credit card. After explaining the policy, and realizing that our notorious screw up employee have been renting them the forbidden games, I explain I wasn't there for the last transactions so I did not know the status of their account in the past (maybe the credit card was removed, you never know), and I signed a contract saying I could not rent on an unsecured account. After trying to give me a debit card, an offer to get a credit card number over the phone, and to just borrow the credit card to get it on the account, I explain that the dad has to come in with the credit card and do it himself. He's not the one I'm writing about. He was respectful, and just trying to anything he could to not get his father into the mix. Sadly, this is what it had to come down to. I held the game for him, and thanked him for being respectful. The dad comes in a couple hours later with the two guys. I recognize the guy and grab his game. They approach my till.

Dad: We've been renting these x360 games all the time, and no one ever told us about this credit card thing!
Me: Well thank you for coming in. (I have the sign handy, I show it to him) This is the policy, we just need a valid credit card on the account to secure it to rent the games. As I told your son, I am not sure what has happened in your past rentings, and this policy is part of my contract.
Dad: Well, fine! Here you go (its a debit card... SUPRISE!)
Me: Sorry, that is actually a debit card. Do you have a major credit card that is not a debit or check card?
Dad: It has the visa logo on it. Does that mean NOTHING to you? Its a VISA!(la di da!!!)
Me: I know, and the visa check and debit cards don't work in our system like a normal credit card.
Dad: *looks up the ceiling like oh god, why me?!* This is ridiculous!
Son: Dad, stop it...
Dad: *pulls out a real credit card* Will THIS work?
Son: Dad, seriously, stop it...
Me: Yes, perfect, thank you very much. I'll get this set up right away. I'll just do the quick PA, and get you the game that you came for.

Luckily, I was able to do the PA and renting without more protest, probably thanks to the son. I thanked them again for respecting the policy, and for coming back. And, to my suprise, the dad actually left in a genuinely good note. He said thank you nicely, and did not say anything evil in the exit door. Stupid VISA.
Unread April 11th, 2007, 12:38 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresser View Post
A couple kids (fresh 18ners, my guess) came in returning a x360 game and a dead box for another one. Not a game pass. I get to their account, and it does not have a credit card. After explaining the policy, and realizing that our notorious screw up employee have been renting them the forbidden games, I explain I wasn't there for the last transactions so I did not know the status of their account in the past (maybe the credit card was removed, you never know), and I signed a contract saying I could not rent on an unsecured account. After trying to give me a debit card, an offer to get a credit card number over the phone, and to just borrow the credit card to get it on the account, I explain that the dad has to come in with the credit card and do it himself. He's not the one I'm writing about. He was respectful, and just trying to anything he could to not get his father into the mix. Sadly, this is what it had to come down to. I held the game for him, and thanked him for being respectful. The dad comes in a couple hours later with the two guys. I recognize the guy and grab his game. They approach my till.

Dad: We've been renting these x360 games all the time, and no one ever told us about this credit card thing!
Me: Well thank you for coming in. (I have the sign handy, I show it to him) This is the policy, we just need a valid credit card on the account to secure it to rent the games. As I told your son, I am not sure what has happened in your past rentings, and this policy is part of my contract.
Dad: Well, fine! Here you go (its a debit card... SUPRISE!)
Me: Sorry, that is actually a debit card. Do you have a major credit card that is not a debit or check card?
Dad: It has the visa logo on it. Does that mean NOTHING to you? Its a VISA!(la di da!!!)
Me: I know, and the visa check and debit cards don't work in our system like a normal credit card.
Dad: *looks up the ceiling like oh god, why me?!* This is ridiculous!
Son: Dad, stop it...
Dad: *pulls out a real credit card* Will THIS work?
Son: Dad, seriously, stop it...
Me: Yes, perfect, thank you very much. I'll get this set up right away. I'll just do the quick PA, and get you the game that you came for.

Luckily, I was able to do the PA and renting without more protest, probably thanks to the son. I thanked them again for respecting the policy, and for coming back. And, to my suprise, the dad actually left in a genuinely good note. He said thank you nicely, and did not say anything evil in the exit door. Stupid VISA.
That's one of the most annoying situations you can be put in, and its' always because another employee wasn't paying attention or just didn't "feel like" enforcing store policy. What really sucks is when they finally give you a valid credit card, you Preauth it, and it declines. Oooooooh boy ...After its all over and done with, I look up which employee messed up. If it's a first-time (or first-time-in-a-while) mistake, I let it slide and just remind them. If its something thats happened before, and recently, I write them up.
Unread April 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresser View Post
Were you as shocked as I was (to read) when it actually was authorised??

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread April 11th, 2007, 12:43 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
I wonder whats the highest amount we can authorize for, and what would happen if we did it...

What pisses me off is when the credit card declines, they flip out and ask "which credit card do you have?!" and all I can tell them is "Uhh...well, I can tell you it's a Visa...with XX/XX as an exp. date. But thats it. We don't have access to your credit card directly." I know we can see the last four digits of the CCN, but I like making them feel stupid.
Unread April 11th, 2007, 12:58 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
What pisses me off is when the credit card declines, they flip out and ask "which credit card do you have?!"
The one you didn't fucking pay, mmmKay?? Any more brilliant questions there??

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread April 11th, 2007, 12:59 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
The one you didn't fucking pay, mmmKay?? Any more brilliant questions there??
LOL! Next time i'm asked that question, now I have to answer them with "Well, I guess the one that you didn't pay on". Brilliant
Unread April 11th, 2007, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
That's one of the most annoying situations you can be put in, and its' always because another employee wasn't paying attention or just didn't "feel like" enforcing store policy. What really sucks is when they finally give you a valid credit card, you Preauth it, and it declines. Oooooooh boy ...After its all over and done with, I look up which employee messed up. If it's a first-time (or first-time-in-a-while) mistake, I let it slide and just remind them. If its something thats happened before, and recently, I write them up.
Those kinds of employees are the ones I really resent in the store. Customers fight with me about the show ID without card, securing accounts, and mismatched movies procedure (someone brings back a departed disc that was mm, and an employee just puts it in the first empty case they can find) often times because employees are lazy, or too confident in their stupidity. How many write ups does someone need to get fired? I know the one girl who did the renting to the dad before is going to get writen up for a different x360 game that was autosold to an unsecured accout, and I want to start a countdown (yes, unrealistic and evil, but i need some hope).

Quote:
He was one of those upper middle class guys who have to struggle in a lower income bracket renting world. I would have started crying right then and there if it didn't go through.
Unread April 11th, 2007, 01:13 AM

Our DL just finally gave up and told us we can put debit cards on accounts for Next-Gen games, as long as we tell the customer that securing an account with a debit card is strongly discouraged, and warn the customer that, if the game isn't returned, the price of the disc WILL be charged to their bank account.
Unread April 11th, 2007, 04:04 AM

A woman in her 50's stormed into my store about 2 days ago with a strange request....

C: (very snotty sounding and almost throwing a movie at me) HERE! You know you people should really make sure the movie is formatted back to english when they return to the store!

Me: I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

C: It's not hard! Just make sure that the language on the movie is set back to ENGLISH...not SPANISH!

Me:Oh, that's actually impossible ma'am. Dvd's are formatted to play one way and one way only. Flags of our Fathers plays in English unless you switched the language by mistake, either by your tv/dvd player or by the dvd menu. Could that have been possible?

C: Well it wasnt me, it was my 85 year old mother. And she doesn't know how to do that stuff! She had a hell of a time calling me to come and fix a problem for her that YOU should have fixed!

Me:Well, ma'am, I'm sorry you had so much trouble, but like i said before.....

C: I dont want to hear your excuses! Just make sure it doesnt happen again!!!(storms out of the store)

Since it was around 10:40, I decided to pop it in the player to see if maybe by some strange reason the dvd was in spanish..... starts playing in English, so I go to the language set up menu, and IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A F***ING SPANISH LANGUAGE SETTING!!! ONLY SPANISH SUBTITLES!!! *sigh* when are people going to stop bieing so stupid?