I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 5th, 2005, 11:08 AM

Angry Trailers from HELL!

So continuing on the "from hell" streak..

Is anyone else getting completely annoyed with that stupid Sprite commercial? I think that thing has been on every trailer we have gotten since I started working at BBV a year ago! Seriously, BBV needs to update their commercials. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that if they got rid of the Sprite commercial they'd bring back the Lime in the Coke commercial...and then I'd have to slit my throat...

Do the songs seem to be getting worse to anyone else? Ugh..
Unread August 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM

Yes the songs suck, but just be happy you weren't around when they played Rise Up by Bruce Springsteen every 30 seconds, or when they went on an Aaron Carter craze.
Unread August 5th, 2005, 11:34 AM

(Stands up to the microphone)

All I have to say is NO NO NO NO DON'T FUNK WITH MY HEART)

(Sits back down)
It's a 2 day rental but, you can have an extra seven days on it after the due date if you choose. After that, we send a Blockbuster hit squad to kill your family and take back our DVD, have a nice day

Opie & Anthony...Spread the Virus!!!

MASTER PO
Unread August 5th, 2005, 11:45 AM

I totally agree with you. I hate that Sprite commercial...it is soo annoying. And the music has gotten worse. Those trailers are really annoying when they put nothing but annoying crap on them
Unread August 5th, 2005, 11:48 AM

I officially hate the Black Eyed Peas now. They played it every other trailer! we had parents complaining because they thought it said fuck, not "phunk".
They were playin some Dave Matthews Songs for a bit.
I also hate that Sprite comercial

also, If I have to hear siguorney weaver asking for rolling papers one more time...
Unread August 5th, 2005, 12:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sprkle8604
ahhhh!!!!!

Does anyone remember the trailer that had the crying baby for the aol quick help?? Or the coke "you put the lime in the coke, you nut"? That was not only on once, but like 2 minutes later, it was on again!!! after those 2 weeks were done a co-csr scratched up the disk and put "put the lime in this, @#$%*!!!" very clever. And, yes I hate the black eyed peas with a passion now.
Unread August 5th, 2005, 12:48 PM

It's funny because at my store, when the trailer with the lime coke was done with, we took it at back and destroyed it like the scene from office space with the copy machine. I couldn't take that one.

CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR NO PRIZE DIDN'T WIN NOTHING VICTORY!!!
It's a 2 day rental but, you can have an extra seven days on it after the due date if you choose. After that, we send a Blockbuster hit squad to kill your family and take back our DVD, have a nice day

Opie & Anthony...Spread the Virus!!!

MASTER PO
Unread August 5th, 2005, 12:56 PM

I dont know but i cant stand the hippie kids singing that stupid song for the Coke Zero commercial and then the fool proceeds to try rapping. I couldnt stand the shortened commercial on tv and then we get the stupid trailer and then it's the extended version...crrrraaapppp. the sprite one has been so implanted into my brain that i barely even notice it anymore, so later in my life when the trailer is gone that stupid commercial will auto play in my head. Wonerful. I cant wait until blockbuster just decides that all the planning and production of these retarded trailers just isnt worth the money they get from coke and whoever else and we just have to watch Benji: Off the Leash over and over. i'd take that any day.
Unread August 5th, 2005, 01:47 PM

We never had a coke zero commercial. What is the code for your trailer? I heard if you put in different codes you get different stuff. I want the stuff from a hispanic or african american store for a nice change of pace. Our code is like 1231 or 1321.
Unread August 5th, 2005, 02:10 PM
IHBB GOD

The Derek Jeter / Tiger Woods ESRB ratings ads have been there at least five years. The Sprite ad is nothing.

"Rise Up" is probably near the top of worst atrocities. Lime in the Coke was awful, as well as the Nick at Nite ads where they would overdub old sitcoms with "new" dialogue. And there's been a lot, a LOT of shit that I've repressed, so don't bring it up.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.