I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread September 3rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
IHBB Freak

I read in another thread about how certain customers can't figure out where the New Release WALL is. I can assure you that some folks honestly couldn't tell you where our walls are.

C:Where can I find the new stuff?

Me:On the new release wall.

C:Where's that?

Me:On the wall.

However, I have had an interesting interlude with a customer the other day that is actually noteworthy.

A little backstory: We did rather poorly on a couple of Mystery Shops (mostly over things we forgot, like upsells and current promotions), so my SM made printed out a results form from one of our bad shops. We've been getting good shops ever since. Sometimes we just need a refresher.

Anywho, a customer came in while I was alone and had no other customers in the store. Immediately, he starts running down the list:

C: What was your major title this week?
Me: What Happens in Vegas. It's right there, where the (tentpole) sign is.
C: Okay, what's it about?
Me: (Brief synopsis)
C: Okay....where's the bathroom?
Me: Right through that door; here's the key.
C: No, that's okay. (Wanders around with What Happens In Vegas in his hand.) What's your snack specials?
Me: (Since it was last week, I tell him about 2/$2.49 Hershey's, 2/$4 bagged candy, 2/2.22 Coke products, 2/$2.99 buckets and 2/$1.69 popcorn packets.)
C: Okay... (And gets none. Came to check out.)
Me: (Remembered to do the nine-step checkout.)
C: What's your name again? (Searches out my nametag, which is printed in huge bold letters. Sounds my name out.)
Me: Yes, sir, that's me.
C: When are these due?
Me: Tuesday, by close.
C: Okay....so does the parking go all the way around?
Me: (stifling a giggle) Yes, sir, it does.

It was no shock when I got a call yesterday from my SM congratulating me on a good Mystery Shop.