I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 18th, 2011, 11:26 PM

Ummmmm...... WTF?? Intense much?
Unread March 18th, 2011, 11:55 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
I read it. It makes no sense. OP, if you're only quitting because you're store is closing, you don't have nearly as much control of the situation as the poem states you do.
I read like the first 10 lines. It read like a rap song. (If I had to guess, I'd say it was based on a rap). Since I hate rap, I couldn't begin to tell you where it comes from.

--Helena Bonham Carter
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OzMan For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 19th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (March 19th, 2011), zooworker (March 19th, 2011)
Unread March 19th, 2011, 04:52 AM
IHBB Freak

I figure he had a lot of time at work to get that rap down right.
Unread March 19th, 2011, 06:09 AM

You know how I know you're gay?.... You wrote a poem about quitting Blockbuster
Unread March 19th, 2011, 06:14 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Breathe 09 View Post
I agree, the OP shouldnt have walked out like that but Ive seen that happen before and its usually because the person had it and doesnt see hope. In a perfect world you should give notice if you want to quit but on the other hand it is at will employment

I walked out in 2004 (?) I think. I was in school and said I could work 2 days every week plus all weekend every other weekend. SM scheduled me for Tues and Sun, and never any weekends. Since I was only 1 of three MODs, they hired another. Started having her do all the jobs that they used to specifically save for me. That pissed me off. But was tolerable.

So then one weekend (I believe it was winter break from school), CSR wants to come in at 5 instead of 3 because he wants to hunt. SM approves it. I come in at 2, other SL leaves by 230 and tells me CSR isn't coming in til 5. I'm pissed. Its winter so it gets crazy busy. Phone ringing none stop. My cell rings. CSR calling, has to go track his deer in the dark, he'll be in "soon". Phone keeps ringing. I ignore it as long as possible, but someone keeps hanging up and calling right back, so I pick it up. Its a gold rewards member who SM caters to wanting to know the B movies released that week. I try explaining I don't know and doing my best to get off the phone (I don't want to hang up on her cause she's a bitch and would complain and try to get me fired). All the while since I'm the only one working, customers who appear to be in a hurry keep coming up to my register.

CSR finally gets in around 7 even though we close at 10. Helps get the line down and store in order so we leave by 1130. Jump to the next day I see the SM. She hands me a write up. Apparently I got secret shopped while I was on the phone. She tells me I have to sign it saying I saw it, but that doesn't mean I agree. I explain that CSR didn't come in, SL didn't stay ( who was supposed to) and Mrs. Gold Member was on the phone. She was like oh if I'd known that you wouldn't have had to sign this. I'm seeing red now.

Next time I work, I have one 4 hour shift on the schedule. It takes me 45 minutes to get to my store from school. All of this coupled with a few bad customers that night led me to leave my SM a note and throw my keys in the drop box, never looking back.

I basically kept that store cleaning, I'll admit I wasn't the greatest at customer service, but I tried my best. I had customers who would chew me out for not smiling (I was fighting a losing battle with depression) and when customers saw the cuts on my arms they'd look at me with disgust and tell me all about Jesus or medication or rehab centers, and I'd just do my best to smile and say thank you. I even had customers kids ask if I was a boy or girl (I'm OBVIOUSLY a girl, but I had short hair). I tolerated it. But the thing that pissed me off the most is while the SM was on vacation, the acting ASM went and ODed on some pills, and while I had to deal with him in my off time, I also had to work 4 doubles in a row with only two 6 hour CSR shifts in there, and not once did I get so much as a thank you.

I believe in some situations, walking out is justified.
Unread March 19th, 2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEZ View Post
I really want to be upset and insulted at that, saying something along the lines of "Why, I never!" ... But I laughed.
Unread March 19th, 2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theupsellgod View Post
Found out my store was closing last night. I just walked out w/o saying a word. Hey BB, Keyes, Dunlap, and all you basterds @ Dallas...this is for you.
Well, that was really stupid if you didn't already have another job lined up. If you want to obtain a professional career outside of retail, employers do check references.

Not only that, but unemployment would have been nice, too .. but you slit your throat there, as well.

Didn't sounds like you thought this through at all. Granted, I can understand your frustration, but making spontaneous decisions like this can really hurt you in the long run, like I guarantee that it will here, unless, as stated, you already had another job. But it doesn't sound like you did.
Unread March 19th, 2011, 08:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
I hope you already have another job. If you stuck in there you could have gotten Unemployment insurance. Quitting gets you nothing.
I agree, sounds like the poster is more into anger than thinking right. I would have stuck it out to get the unemployment. Now if you already got a job good for you then.

By the way I hate rap.....
The top Poster!
Unread March 19th, 2011, 08:22 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
I walked out in 2004 (?) I think. I was in school and said I could work 2 days every week plus all weekend every other weekend. SM scheduled me for Tues and Sun, and never any weekends. Since I was only 1 of three MODs, they hired another. Started having her do all the jobs that they used to specifically save for me. That pissed me off. But was tolerable.

So then one weekend (I believe it was winter break from school), CSR wants to come in at 5 instead of 3 because he wants to hunt. SM approves it. I come in at 2, other SL leaves by 230 and tells me CSR isn't coming in til 5. I'm pissed. Its winter so it gets crazy busy. Phone ringing none stop. My cell rings. CSR calling, has to go track his deer in the dark, he'll be in "soon". Phone keeps ringing. I ignore it as long as possible, but someone keeps hanging up and calling right back, so I pick it up. Its a gold rewards member who SM caters to wanting to know the B movies released that week. I try explaining I don't know and doing my best to get off the phone (I don't want to hang up on her cause she's a bitch and would complain and try to get me fired). All the while since I'm the only one working, customers who appear to be in a hurry keep coming up to my register.

CSR finally gets in around 7 even though we close at 10. Helps get the line down and store in order so we leave by 1130. Jump to the next day I see the SM. She hands me a write up. Apparently I got secret shopped while I was on the phone. She tells me I have to sign it saying I saw it, but that doesn't mean I agree. I explain that CSR didn't come in, SL didn't stay ( who was supposed to) and Mrs. Gold Member was on the phone. She was like oh if I'd known that you wouldn't have had to sign this. I'm seeing red now.

Next time I work, I have one 4 hour shift on the schedule. It takes me 45 minutes to get to my store from school. All of this coupled with a few bad customers that night led me to leave my SM a note and throw my keys in the drop box, never looking back.

I basically kept that store cleaning, I'll admit I wasn't the greatest at customer service, but I tried my best. I had customers who would chew me out for not smiling (I was fighting a losing battle with depression) and when customers saw the cuts on my arms they'd look at me with disgust and tell me all about Jesus or medication or rehab centers, and I'd just do my best to smile and say thank you. I even had customers kids ask if I was a boy or girl (I'm OBVIOUSLY a girl, but I had short hair). I tolerated it. But the thing that pissed me off the most is while the SM was on vacation, the acting ASM went and ODed on some pills, and while I had to deal with him in my off time, I also had to work 4 doubles in a row with only two 6 hour CSR shifts in there, and not once did I get so much as a thank you.

I believe in some situations, walking out is justified.
Havent you ever heard of signing underprotest? I mean seriously it works. It shows that you were coerced to sign something therefore its not a valid signature...

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEZ View Post
Ooooooh...... sick burn