I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Announcements, Letters and Classic Threads > Announcements

View Poll Results: What should I do with this place?
I don't care, you are a cry baby, shut it down for all I care 3 6.52%
Keep it just as it is (closed registrations) 6 13.04%
Keep it the same, but re-open registrations 18 39.13%
Bring back premium, I want to support the site 17 36.96%
Bring back premium, (I will pay) if their is an adult forum! 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Unread June 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
Sure there are. I used to run this site on "free software"...it didn't handle it. I get over a million hits a month on this site.

Hint, it's not totally about the money. Actual cost for me to run this is around $150 a year if I keep vb3. Add another $200 if I wanted to go to 4.0 (one time fee)
Fuck. If it's only $200 once, let's pass the hat.
Unread June 26th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
Sure there are. I used to run this site on "free software"...it didn't handle it. I get over a million hits a month on this site.

Hint, it's not totally about the money. Actual cost for me to run this is around $150 a year if I keep vb3. Add another $200 if I wanted to go to 4.0 (one time fee)
while i do admire you creating this site. I still dont see a point. We had the pleasure of Blockbusterstore482, who tried to make the company one that cares. But failed miserably, and he still hasnt the guts to answer my calls or emails. There is no doubt that the big guys know of this place but in all honesty, do they care? In the end result its just employees or ex employees venting and who would give a shit . They obvisouly dont

I say do two things. One, tell the current workers if they get cited or investigated, to fight those asshole DM's, RDO or LP untill termination. Cause here is the kicker in most states, if you are terminated, the odds of UE are way in your favor. Why do you think they want to talk to you first and give you the chance to resign then to be terminated. They rather you quit so you have nothing on them. Trust me, tell them to fire you cause chances are it will fuck them in the ass more then you

Two, make more focus on Red Box, Netflix and piracy. Show the new people there are better means, even on lame DSL connection I can download a movie and avoid paying 5 bucks to rent it. And even then I rather pay 10 bucks a month and get an estimate of almost 5 movies a week. Not to mention what xbox can do for me
Unread June 26th, 2010, 09:19 PM

maybe IHBB isnt the site for you Flantanella, but i can tell you that this site has helped me tremendously while working for blockbuster. Its not always easy to have someone to vent to work about, i know my significant other, my family and friends are all tired of hearing about how much stress i am under. After a hard day at work, i come here and know that there are several people willing to listen and empathize.

While Chris' original idea for this site did not pan out so well in the end, i believe the result was even better. I've gotten advice, tips and good ideas from just reading this site. The people on here are well informed, good, hard working people. At the end of the day, we all need somewhere to go...and IHBB is where i normally turn to.

So, it is clear that you are angry with blockbusterstore482...that has not a thing to do with Chris or this website. It was one guy that TRIED to help out and failed. Let him be a man with no guts for as long as he wants...while the rest of us find refuge here.
Unread June 26th, 2010, 09:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
while i do admire you creating this site. I still dont see a point.
The point is maybe for someone like you who wants to complain?
The top Poster!
Unread June 26th, 2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
The point is maybe for someone like you who wants to complain?
like how i went after Blockbstore482 or whatever the fuck his name was. And almost everyone here said I was in the wrong.

That asshole still doesnt even have balls to email me and I am the wrong. It seems my point is lost in this matter so either way I wish you all the best luck
Unread June 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
maybe IHBB isnt the site for you Flantanella, but i can tell you that this site has helped me tremendously while working for blockbuster. Its not always easy to have someone to vent to work about, i know my significant other, my family and friends are all tired of hearing about how much stress i am under. After a hard day at work, i come here and know that there are several people willing to listen and empathize.

While Chris' original idea for this site did not pan out so well in the end, i believe the result was even better. I've gotten advice, tips and good ideas from just reading this site. The people on here are well informed, good, hard working people. At the end of the day, we all need somewhere to go...and IHBB is where i normally turn to.

So, it is clear that you are angry with blockbusterstore482...that has not a thing to do with Chris or this website. It was one guy that TRIED to help out and failed. Let him be a man with no guts for as long as he wants...while the rest of us find refuge here.
I do not decline that this site has uses. I am just trying to raise that it should bring more usefull points then just a site to vent. Dont get all excited, there are still some here that would say you are in the wrong for some bullshit reason when you are right. I speak from experience

I never said my anger with blockbusterstore has to do with Chris or this site. That was actually my case to make the site better. Help out the workers still working for this fucking company to say no to their bullshit and fight them. When they come to you and say they got misconduct, and say either quit or be fired. You first tell them no and say show the evidence

Some of you may not know but Blockbusterstore, actually send me a message "we are trying to change things and we are going to take care of the company workers"

I call bullshit!!! I still invite him to prove me wrong...he hasnt nor has anyone else
Why find refuge here, call out your DM, RDO or even LP on their bullshit. Make them think twice about fucking with an employee. If you dont then they will just keep doing their crap till they go online or blue box. And you are out of a job
Unread June 26th, 2010, 09:44 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
like how i went after Blockbstore482 or whatever the fuck his name was. And almost everyone here said I was in the wrong.

That asshole still doesnt even have balls to email me and I am the wrong. It seems my point is lost in this matter so either way I wish you all the best luck
Could be your attitude, if you went after him the way you post here, I don't blame him. But I'm sure he probably got slapped for coming on here. They do have a habit of not wanting their employees on this site.
The top Poster!
Unread June 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Why find refuge here, call out your DM, RDO or even LP on their bullshit. Make them think twice about fucking with an employee. If you dont then they will just keep doing their crap till they go online or blue box. And you are out of a job
So why do you find refuge on here? Go ahead call out the upper management, I guarantee you will not be with the company long. They don't want dissenters in the ranks.
The top Poster!
Unread June 26th, 2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Could be your attitude, if you went after him the way you post here, I don't blame him. But I'm sure he probably got slapped for coming on here. They do have a habit of not wanting their employees on this site.
Why the fuck would they care? Honestly, they also have a habit to slave away their employees to their full uses, then after throw them away like yesterday trash.

Quote:
So why do you find refuge on here? Go ahead call out the upper management, I guarantee you will not be with the company long. They don't want dissenters in the ranks.
almondSM, here is a prime example of what I was saying.

and like i said.. if you want to continue this site. Do it for the reason of why I am saying

1) Workers say "no more to company bullshit"
2) Tell new people of others ways to get good movies
3)Like you said let people vent

well to answer your question. I am no longer with the company... I took the easy way out when "investigation" came upon me(and I regret it to this day). I am merly telling everyone else still working. When they say "quit or be fired" you tell them " fire me and fuck off" Cause even if they do, you are almost a shoe in for UE.

and maybe i am here to tell someone else that may end up like me. not to do what I did and stand your ground

Last edited by Flantanella; June 26th, 2010 at 10:03 PM.
Unread June 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I am no longer with the company... I took the easy way out when "investigation" came upon me(and I regret it to this day). I am merly telling everyone else still working. When they say "quit or be fired" you tell them " fire me and fuck off" Cause even if they do, you are almost a shoe in for UE.
So what did you do wrong then?
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
omg_bbv (June 28th, 2010)