I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 31st, 2012, 11:41 AM
IHBB GOD

A stroll

Walked into a Blockbuster today most of the old crew dissolved sm, sl, Sam gone well we know why Sam is gone....

Funny how shit works....the sm said they would be the last to leave when the store closes down guess the sm was wrong

The store was set up like I said it should be.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 31st, 2012, 11:47 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Walked into a Blockbuster today most of the old crew dissolved sm, sl, Sam gone well we know why Sam is gone....

Funny how shit works....the sm said they would be the last to leave when the store closes down guess the sm was wrong

The store was set up like I said it should be.
How fall are they into the closing? Take pictures!
Unread March 31st, 2012, 05:23 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
How fall are they into the closing? Take pictures!
They aren't closing at all no signs it at all.

Sm wont even respond to my texts any more. I pressume the sm is ignoring me. The whole team was pretty solid unti the sm dropped the ball by their actions.

First was
a) head games (kaw do post a link to the song)
B) fired me
C) Blockbuster got rid of sam's
D) destroyed by resets (they lost a few hard working sm's in the district ppl that were strong and had stamina) I was stonger lifted wieghts etc so they lost me for resets.
E) dm was let go now the new dm has the area of rdo....
F) they failed
G) spread to thin

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread April 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM

The SM is out of state receiving treatment for cancer. Her condition severely worsened shortly after I left the company in October. She is on indefinite medical leave. The SAM was transferred to another store that kept the SAM position.

If her condition is any better, though, she probably is ignoring you. Why wouldn't she?
Unread April 2nd, 2012, 03:45 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valis View Post
The SM is out of state receiving treatment for cancer. Her condition severely worsened shortly after I left the company in October. She is on indefinite medical leave. The SAM was transferred to another store that kept the SAM position.

If her condition is any better, though, she probably is ignoring you. Why wouldn't she?
Valid buddy! Nice to see you post. I do not know the validity of where you have gotten your information, is the sm no longer employed with Bbbl?

Yes the sm told me the Sam was let go...

Now if we continue to talk let's keep it nice.

Also, do you know longer speak to anyone that works there?

Unread April 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM

I still talk to one of the CSRs periodically. Usually not about BB. The other CSR that I still talk to has quit, shortly after I did. And yeah SAM was transferred but he declined the transfer and was let go, that was almost a year ago I think. I did stop in there a few times after quitting when I was in town, and spoke to people then. I'm not sure how up-to-date my information is, but the last I heard was indefinite medical leave.

I do see customers here and there in my current place of employment. It may please you to know that they say the place has mostly gone to shit since the staff overhaul over the course of last year.
Unread April 2nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I still talk to one of the CSRs periodically. Usually not about BB. The other CSR that I still talk to has quit, shortly after I did. And yeah SAM was transferred but he declined the transfer and was let go, that was almost a year ago I think. I did stop in there a few times after quitting when I was in town, and spoke to people then. I'm not sure how up-to-date my information is, but the last I heard was indefinite medical leave.

I do see customers here and there in my current place of employment. It may please you to know that they say the place has mostly gone to shit since the staff overhaul over the course of last year.
I see that smit is working there...hahaha....the dm's changed to...no more meetings in basement. Hahahah anytime I bring up me to another to a csr...they say they don't want trouble like I am a brute that will attack them...wtf hahahaba. She most of spoke extremely highly of me.

The sm was good at pitting the 2 of us against eachother...she totally flipped when I said I had to go to emergency room fired me on the spot....then u know rip the sl.... it shouldn't of happened.

When was the decline of the team...the final nail in coffin so to speak?
Did u ever have to work under that ex-smit?
Did u here the indefinite medical leave from the Sam?

Unread April 2nd, 2012, 07:48 PM

I think the decline started when SAM left and was complete when SM left. I think from the customers' perspective, the decline started around this time last year, but that had a lot more to do with the company than the store. When the staff started changing, didn't know the regulars anymore, did everything totally by the book, etc. I think the customers lost more and more loyalty. SAM, SM, myself, and the two CSRs were probably the last team the customers really liked. SAM left spring or summer, I left October, SM and one CSR left shortly after that.

I heard about everything from former CSR and current SL. And no, I never worked under anyone other than the old SM.

I don't really care to get into it - this company is long behind me and I see no reason to keep it in my life or my thoughts. However, from my perspective, you really skew what happened during your employment there and the conditions of your firing. Nothing about the way I act toward you is any kind of brainwashing done by the former SM. I base my opinions on what I observe. I saw and knew enough to say that you could have been fired long before you were. So much about what you've posted on this site about the store and the staff you worked with was either completely false or a very far stretch from the truth. I think you drastically misrepresent yourself to look better (I definitely remember seeing you post that you were at one time a SL - that was me that got promoted, not you) and you talk a lot of shit about people that were good at their jobs, SAM in particular. Maybe you really believe all of those things to be true. I can't say.

I came back to the site out of a mild curiosity. I have no love for the company; I think its mere existence is ridiculous, let alone how it's run. But I'm not a part of it anymore, so aside from mild curiosity, I have no desire to keep beating this dead horse. I admit this post is something of an indulgence, but for the most part I really don't see a need to keep digging up old workplace politics and going through them again and again. It's been almost two years since you've worked for the company! Why do you still care, and talk about the old staff? I almost never think about it anymore, and it's only been a little over five months. I can totally understand a mild interest - if I'm in town, I may stop in the store here and there. But you seem to harbor this intense hatred for the company, store, and former staff to this day. It's fun to reminisce, and there's something to be said for catching up or hearing how former co-workers are doing, but I think that's the extent of my interest here. But I have trouble watching you blatantly lie to everyone on here about your time with the company and the staff you worked with, including myself.
Unread April 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
I see that smit is working there...hahaha....the dm's changed to...no more meetings in basement. Hahahah anytime I bring up me to another to a csr...they say they don't want trouble like I am a brute that will attack them...wtf hahahaba. She most of spoke extremely highly of me.

I do miss having to go to meetings in the dungeon. Lol. You either froze or sweat to death.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread April 2nd, 2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I think the decline started when SAM left and was complete when SM left. I think from the customers' perspective, the decline started around this time last year, but that had a lot more to do with the company than the store. When the staff started changing, didn't know the regulars anymore, did everything totally by the book, etc. I think the customers lost more and more loyalty. SAM, SM, myself, and the two CSRs were probably the last team the customers really liked. SAM left spring or summer, I left October, SM and one CSR left shortly after that.

I heard about everything from former CSR and current SL. And no, I never worked under anyone other than the old SM.

I don't really care to get into it - this company is long behind me and I see no reason to keep it in my life or my thoughts. However, from my perspective, you really skew what happened during your employment there and the conditions of your firing. Nothing about the way I act toward you is any kind of brainwashing done by the former SM. I base my opinions on what I observe. I saw and knew enough to say that you could have been fired long before you were. So much about what you've posted on this site about the store and the staff you worked with was either completely false or a very far stretch from the truth. I think you drastically misrepresent yourself to look better (I definitely remember seeing you post that you were at one time a SL - that was me that got promoted, not you) and you talk a lot of shit about people that were good at their jobs, SAM in particular. Maybe you really believe all of those things to be true. I can't say.

I came back to the site out of a mild curiosity. I have no love for the company; I think its mere existence is ridiculous, let alone how it's run. But I'm not a part of it anymore, so aside from mild curiosity, I have no desire to keep beating this dead horse. I admit this post is something of an indulgence, but for the most part I really don't see a need to keep digging up old workplace politics and going through them again and again. It's been almost two years since you've worked for the company! Why do you still care, and talk about the old staff? I almost never think about it anymore, and it's only been a little over five months. I can totally understand a mild interest - if I'm in town, I may stop in the store here and there. But you seem to harbor this intense hatred for the company, store, and former staff to this day. It's fun to reminisce, and there's something to be said for catching up or hearing how former co-workers are doing, but I think that's the extent of my interest here. But I have trouble watching you blatantly lie to everyone on here about your time with the company and the staff you worked with, including myself.
Well thank you Dr. Phil but who are you to tell people what they should do with their experience after working at CockBuster. Just because you moved on with your life doesnt give you the right to tell someone else what to do. Many here have said the same thing to me, and I respond with love and tell them to mind their own fucking business. This is IHBB, where people come here to vent and bitch. Some of us dont want to act like Marry fucking poppins, hold hands and sing kumba ya my lord like some others here do. The whole point of the site is to vent about a piece of shit company that treated their workers like shit. As long as either Cockbuster or IHBB is running, there are always going to be a few that bash the name of BBV
The Following User Says Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (April 8th, 2012)