I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 5th, 2011, 07:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Blockbuster Giftcards REDEEM

On September 12, 2011, any customer that brings in their old Blockbuster Inc. GiftCards will be able to receive a 5 Free movie Rental card for every gift card. They are good for movie rentals (Blu-ray and game rentals). The Customers must relinquish their old Blockbuster Inc. GiftCards in order to receive the 5 Free Rental card.

After prices went down and everything is one day, it saves us the major credits. Sucks for the people that had $16-$500 because we can only give them (2) free 5 Free rental cards.

five .99 cent rents = $5
5 game rentals = $10
5 new release movies $10
5 Just arrived= $15
Unread September 5th, 2011, 08:13 PM

I thought the limit was 5 per account?

Honestly, a lot of folks that have been bringing them up have the old OLD gift cards that we sold before I even started working here (2 years ago). Most of those devalued after a certain amount of time, so they don't have anything on them. My DM said on a conference call that the avg amount on the gift cards is about $5 per card, though I agree, it does suck for those random few who have more than about $15 on one.
Unread September 6th, 2011, 03:08 AM

Ay fuckin yi yi my customers will scream bloody murder over this. What about California gift cards since they don't depreciate or expire?
Unread September 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusAurelias View Post
Ay fuckin yi yi my customers will scream bloody murder over this. What about California gift cards since they don't depreciate or expire?
Tell them it was unsecured debt and they're lucky to be getting anything.
Unread September 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM

Wow, 5 months after we can no longer accept giftcards-THEN they decide to offer this....Were they waiting for people to throw their cards away first? Because that's what my store was telling people to do with their cards the first 2 weeks after they told us not to sell/accept giftcards anymore. Then they issue a statement telling us to have customers hold on to the giftcards!!!!!!!!!!
Unread September 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
IHBB GOD

i dont have much pity for some card holders as they hold onto them too long and never use them , duh hello use your fkn cards already.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
D Money (September 9th, 2011), inkedangel (September 6th, 2011)
Unread September 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
On September 12, 2011, any customer that brings in their old Blockbuster Inc. GiftCards will be able to receive a 5 Free movie Rental card for every gift card. They are good for movie rentals (Blu-ray and game rentals). The Customers must relinquish their old Blockbuster Inc. GiftCards in order to receive the 5 Free Rental card.

After prices went down and everything is one day, it saves us the major credits. Sucks for the people that had $16-$500 because we can only give them (2) free 5 Free rental cards.

five .99 cent rents = $5
5 game rentals = $10
5 new release movies $10
5 Just arrived= $15
One question, how do you know if it an old used one or one they didn't use.
The top Poster!
Unread September 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
One question, how do you know if it an old used one or one they didn't use.
Unfortunately you dont. All you can do is take them at their word and swap out the card.
Unread September 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM

Swap is one (5 rental) card for one (gift card) turned in. This will be a great deal for the people that "sell" dummy souvenir cards on ebay, they can call them actual rental cards now! lol
Unread September 6th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Wow, 5 months after we can no longer accept giftcards-THEN they decide to offer this....Were they waiting for people to throw their cards away first?
Likely not. I read up on gift cards and bankruptcy laws on line (just some light reading...I wasn't studying it like a Harvard law major here or anything) and from what I understood each bankruptcy case was different but in every instance where gift cards were involved it was up to the bankruptcy judge to rule if gift cards could be used again or not. So, the much more likely story is this was tied up forever and a day in some court somewhere, which moves slow as molasses as it is.

But I guess my question is what if it was a regular we know had gift cards in the past but they didn't hang on to them? Can we do anything for them? Because I do know some regulars that may not have kept them.