I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Movie/Music/TV Talk

Unread March 10th, 2006, 01:47 AM
IHBB GOD

Good Night and Good Luck

.... is definitely more than, in the words of Jon Stewart, "what Clooney says to his dates at the end of the night". I found this movie brilliant and amazing. It is also so timely, as many of the same issues (such as questioning those in charge, who think they know best) are again current.

Also, I found the use of shadows and camera angles to be amazing. I can't believe there wasn't some cinematography award this movie wasn't nominated for. The camerawork and directing are EXACTLY why Ted Turner will burn in a special circle of hell for what he has done to the classics of cinema such as Casablanca and It's A Wonderful Life.

If ONE customer complains about this movie being in black and white, AFTER you smack them upside the head with the cover case, please inform them that I have a colourised copy of Arsenic and Old Lace that I have somehow gotten stuck with that I would love to sell to them.... real cheap.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread March 10th, 2006, 02:00 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan
I can't believe there wasn't some cinematography award this movie wasn't nominated for
I stand corrected. It was.

It also won awards for cinematography from both the Boston and Los Angeles film reviewers.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread March 10th, 2006, 07:40 AM
IHBB GOD

i would have like more special features for the dvd. granted the subject matter doesn't really lend itself to an extra disc for features, but what little there was was incredibly interesting.
Unread March 10th, 2006, 08:07 AM
IHBB GOD

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Unread March 10th, 2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
The reason why Bush got elected.
Unread March 10th, 2006, 08:59 AM
IHBB Freak

great movie. I wish we had people like Murrow in the media today to take on Bush.
Unread March 10th, 2006, 09:04 AM

Watched it last night, it was indeed a great movie. How it was intertwined with the movie and also with reels of what actually happened.
The Kent commercial, if you've seen it I'm sure you know what I am talking about, when that came on I started cracking up. It is one of those things that you know happened but having not seen many commercials like that, well that just added to the history of it.
And yes, let us all take an oath that anyone that complains about it in black and white, that they get it in some way, shape, or form.
Unread March 10th, 2006, 10:04 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthfulsm
The Kent commercial, if you've seen it I'm sure you know what I am talking about, when that came on I started cracking up. It is one of those things that you know happened but having not seen many commercials like that, well that just added to the history of it.

Only problem is, the commercial was from the 60's, so it's not from the timeframe of the movie.

What I found funny was that test audiences thought the "actor" playing McCarthy was overacting..... ALL of the shots with McCarthy are actual footage, and no "actor" played McCarthy.

--Helena Bonham Carter