I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 27th, 2011, 04:45 AM

Time to Ride into the Sunset

After so many years of dedicated service to this company, I've decided to hang up the ole black shirt up for good. My two week notice will be in effect starting Friday and I am ending a long and drawn out era in my life.

Through the thick and thin, I stayed with this company. The thanks I got was having new hires get paid well over a dollar more an hour then I make.

The one person who I thought I could truly trust put a knife in my back. I was texting her about problems I've been having with the DTSM and a deposit issue. What happens? She shows that old bag of shit the entire conversation. Keep in mind that I've known this woman for many years and considered her a friend. I saw just how fake that friendship was.

I can no longer stand the massive piles of bullshit that keep coming up. My future is too bright for this dark depressive business.

I appreciate all the great people I got to meet during my time with the company. I wouldn't trade that for the world.

To those of you who still stand with the company; don't ever expect them to stand with you. You are alone on an edge of a cliff that they would gladly push you off and get the next schmuck to stand in your place.

This company has no long term future. Dish will slowly get rid of all stores once they squeeze as much profit from them as they deem possible. After that, they will get all profits from liquidation. It is an easy thing to see, and they will deny this of course. Open your eyes and it is obvious.

And with that I can close this chapter of my life.....and it feels oh so wonderful.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
angrYbird (August 1st, 2011), Baby Firefly (July 27th, 2011), Big Dog (July 27th, 2011), djblade (July 27th, 2011), EVFNazi (August 3rd, 2011), FZappa (July 27th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (July 27th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (July 29th, 2011), johnlow71 (July 27th, 2011), muthaflippin (July 27th, 2011), psycoma (July 28th, 2011), TucsonDesertGuy (August 8th, 2011), Veruka_Salt (July 27th, 2011), Woodstock (July 27th, 2011), yodavsjason (July 27th, 2011)
Unread July 27th, 2011, 05:44 AM

Working at BB was like being a zombie. It's so much better when you quit, welcome back to the land of the living!
Unread July 27th, 2011, 06:46 AM
IHBB GOD

Well atleast u quit but never do anything in writing only talking...

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread July 27th, 2011, 08:36 AM

Good Luck Freemason- I too am nearing the end of my time with this company after getting shit on more times than I can recall. I should have quit years ago when I found out that they were hiring in new people making more than I was but I didn't- my mistake. I'm now stuck with a SM who is one of the laziest people ever created and who thinks watching the tapes and sending her family in to secret shop us during our shifts to try to catch us doing something wrong is her sole duty. Pushing all her job responsibilities onto everyone else is her goal for each day. I think -if we're still around- I will wait until the worst possible time of year to find coverage to quit-the holidays. She deserves that as a present this year.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Darkfall28 (July 27th, 2011), djblade (July 27th, 2011), Freemason220 (August 3rd, 2011), SL_600 (August 5th, 2011), TucsonDesertGuy (August 8th, 2011)
Unread July 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Good Luck Freemason- I too am nearing the end of my time with this company after getting shit on more times than I can recall. I should have quit years ago when I found out that they were hiring in new people making more than I was but I didn't- my mistake. I'm now stuck with a SM who is one of the laziest people ever created and who thinks watching the tapes and sending her family in to secret shop us during our shifts to try to catch us doing something wrong is her sole duty. Pushing all her job responsibilities onto everyone else is her goal for each day. I think -if we're still around- I will wait until the worst possible time of year to find coverage to quit-the holidays. She deserves that as a present this year.
Thank you for the support.

One piece of advice for you....

Don't do anything out of spite. If you feel that it is time to go, then it is. I know this decision will lead me down a very tough road of unemployment which is vast in this country. I accept that because I find that to be a better future then going through the routine of being at Blockbuster.

Fact is, no store will see life outside of 2-5 years. I'm being generous there, but still it shows that there is no long term life for this company. I've given too much of myself to a place that will drain you of happiness if you let them.

You should probably consider leaving sooner rather then later. Don't stay to exact some sort of personal vendetta against your dirty rotten trash bag slutty cunt of a manager because she does that sort of bullshit to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (July 28th, 2011)
Unread July 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM
IHBB GOD

thats why i always say i work for myself but your company pays me........
Unread July 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
thats why i always say i work for myself but your company pays me........
You work for me just don't know it yet.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (July 27th, 2011)
Unread July 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM
IHBB GOD

Like I said before it will only be me, john and whatever moles are left here that wil stilll be working for bbv
Unread July 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodavsjason View Post
Like I said before it will only be me, john and whatever moles are left here that wil stilll be working for bbv
Well depends u work for dish not Blockbuster muahahahaha

Unread July 27th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
I had a manager like that. Would come sneaking in an hour before his shift was due to start to see if he could catch us doing anything, then hang up in the office watching the tapes for hours after that. Like we wouldn't catch on. About an hour before he would be due in, I'd be telling everyone to look alive, he'd be there any minute. And the was. Worst. Manager. Ever. Spent all his time texting while in the office. Soooo many customer complaints about him. When he was fired, customers were actually CHEERING upon hearing the news.