I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 8th, 2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
So is Salad Fingers.

"I'm going to call you...A Nettle...Carrier..."
Hell yeah, its orgasmic!
Unread June 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
IHBB Freak

Oh God! I hate when parents are too fucking lazy to come in their self. I had a sorta similar situation. A teen girl(around 16) came in with a postcard bill the company sent her parents.. for their delinquent account with us. The young girl says to me " My mom wants you to "update" our account because we returned this movie a long time ago." "Update" sheesh.. Anyway, I pull up the account and find the movie in question in their history. I goto the shelf and look for copy number 101. It's not there. We just had inventory so I know it would have been found already. Infact the movie was so overdue we have had 3 inventories. It's not in my store. So, I tell this kid. I'm sorry we can't locate the movie i n our store. We have had several inventories since you calm to have brought it back. Are you sure you don't still have it? If you would go home and double check and I will double check here in the store. Well, a few minutes later her Mom comes in yelling! "I sent my daughter up here to turn in that movie several months ago! I know it's here! MY DAUGHTER IS NOT A LIAR!!!!!!!! You have it and I want these charges "updated"(what's with the use of updated? who knows). I explain to the mother the same thing as I did to the girl. We have had several inventories since this movie was "turned in" and it's simply not in our store. I told her to double check and make sure the movie was not at their home... and I would double check our store. She then went on to say "I'm not checking anything! My daughter was sent here months ago to bring it back! SO IT HAS TO BE HERE!" I then told her she would have to talk to the SM. Because I was not removing the charge. She called my SM the next day and bitched her out... and then went on to call my DL...... My DL told us to half the difference with the lady to make it fair.. Because if neither of us has the movie... you can't prove who is at fault... so splitting the tab was the fair way of doing it. The lady was contacted and still refused to pay what "she doesn't owe"... a week later... the lady comes in with shame on her fat fucking face... the movie was in her daughters Car the WHOLE TIME! SHE NEVER BROUGHT IT BACK! FUCK! all because the parents are LAZY!

The best part is when she brought it back... I told her it was far too late to return it and she would have to pay the entire balance!

If she would have just split the bill when offered she could have atleast saved herself some shame! Beautiful!
Unread June 9th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to CureForEmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
If she would have just split the bill when offered she could have atleast saved herself some shame! Beautiful!
wow, what kind of spineless Mr Roger's Neighborhood reject is your DL? You either suck it up and bite the loss in store, or you tell the customer to bend over and pay the balance. What's this halfsies crap? Anybody else do that? I think it's kind of awkwardly juvenile. Not blaming you ClutzControl, just questioning your dl's approach.
Unread June 9th, 2007, 04:32 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to SL_600
Quote:
No, you're wrong. I totally stole that 30 bucks and bought a new fanny back
You bought a new fanny back.... from where?

WWGD ....What Would Gord Do?
Unread June 9th, 2007, 04:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresser View Post
fanny packs are the shit.
Ok, gotta ask, who's fanny got packed?
The top Poster!
Unread June 9th, 2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CureForEmo View Post
wow, what kind of spineless Mr Roger's Neighborhood reject is your DL? You either suck it up and bite the loss in store, or you tell the customer to bend over and pay the balance. What's this halfsies crap? Anybody else do that? I think it's kind of awkwardly juvenile. Not blaming you ClutzControl, just questioning your dl's approach.
I've done it on occasion when there's been a slightly large late fee that I KNEW was valid (I'm talking 2 or 3 films checked in simultaneously at 15:00 4 days after they were due or something) but the customer has been incredibly volatile. The reasoning is simple. I know that in the state the customer is in they will not pay any of the late fee. ergo, no money for the store but a degree of bad debt that could have been avoided. If I know that by cutting the fee in half I can retrieve 50% of the money and lose 100% of that bad debt, all at the expense of a one off credit then I'll do it. Pride be damned. However the customer is then informed that all films must be handed in over the counter from that day on, complete with a full warning on the account, as we will NEVER be removing any further late fees from their account.

9 times out of 10 I find this approach works (again it's if I know the fee is valid. If the customer has genuinely returned the films on time then they wont be willing to pay half of it obviously), and in the other few occasions then I haven't lost anything but a bit of bad debt, and if they do have the gall to call customer services then they can see that I've been reasonable about it.I've even seen occasions where customer services backed me up on the matter!!!

On the other hand, if I check their account history and find it's happened before, or that they have a history of late fee credits then I wont credit anything.
Unread June 9th, 2007, 06:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adornedatom View Post
I've done it on occasion when there's been a slightly large late fee that I KNEW was valid (I'm talking 2 or 3 films checked in simultaneously at 15:00 4 days after they were due or something) but the customer has been incredibly volatile. The reasoning is simple. I know that in the state the customer is in they will not pay any of the late fee. ergo, no money for the store but a degree of bad debt that could have been avoided. If I know that by cutting the fee in half I can retrieve 50% of the money and lose 100% of that bad debt, all at the expense of a one off credit then I'll do it. Pride be damned. However the customer is then informed that all films must be handed in over the counter from that day on, complete with a full warning on the account, as we will NEVER be removing any further late fees from their account.

9 times out of 10 I find this approach works (again it's if I know the fee is valid. If the customer has genuinely returned the films on time then they wont be willing to pay half of it obviously), and in the other few occasions then I haven't lost anything but a bit of bad debt, and if they do have the gall to call customer services then they can see that I've been reasonable about it.I've even seen occasions where customer services backed me up on the matter!!!

On the other hand, if I check their account history and find it's happened before, or that they have a history of late fee credits then I wont credit anything.
Reading this realy makes me glad of EOLF, even yhough it put the company in the tank.
The top Poster!
Unread June 11th, 2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
No, you're wrong. I totally stole that 30 bucks and bought a new fanny back
Bran's bringin' FannyBack.
Unread June 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
IHBB GOD

Who is Fanny?
Unread June 11th, 2007, 11:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyNormal View Post
Bran's bringin' FannyBack.
You know, I couldn't even bring myself to say that.... and Cowboy didn't even go there.... that should have told you all you need to know

--Helena Bonham Carter