I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 11th, 2007, 12:52 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresser View Post
I read your third paragraph. At our store, we have stickers over the switches people cannot touch (like the computers) saying DO NOT TURN OFF. Perhaps use the label maker machine used for name tags to make that clear to other people.
Yeah, that sounds safe

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread June 11th, 2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Yeah, that sounds safe

Unread June 11th, 2007, 12:59 AM
IHBB GOD

Covering up circuit breakers (and keeping them from doing their job), and on top of that, with something flammable.......

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread June 11th, 2007, 01:45 AM
IHBB GOD

We have an open sign at my store where you simple pull the chain on the bottom to turn the sign off. we never turn the TVs/trailer off, and the computers all stay on.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread June 11th, 2007, 01:48 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
We have an open sign at my store where you simple pull the chain on the bottom to turn the sign off. we never turn the TVs/trailer off, and the computers all stay on.
You mean you actually use a SWITCH instead of a CIRCUIT BREAKER??

Wow! What a concept

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread June 11th, 2007, 01:49 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
You mean you actually use a SWITCH instead of a CIRCUIT BREAKER??

Wow! What a concept
Yeah, my store is so advanced
Unread June 11th, 2007, 08:11 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh8286 View Post
Well, if you are out before 9 and whatever you do gets you home afterward, then that's fine. But bringing a kid out of the house just because "He wouldn't go to sleep" isnt an excuse. I'm assuming dinner took at least an hour and a half to 2 hours. So you were out with the family at 8:00. That doesn't make you a bad parent. I'm just bitching because the people that bring their kid to blockbuster at almost 10:30 at night are the same people that bring their babies and little children to R rated movies when they don't get out until after midnight. Yeah, that's real responsible.
do you honestly think you should pass judgment on what time somebody takes their kids out?? and what are your credentials, again??

and, for the record, i do take my kids with me to the movie, at night. since it starts at dark, and it's a double feature, we get done about 2 am. granted, we are in our own vehicle, but still, the kids are with me - out past 9pm. and, when my son was a newborn, we took him with us to the regular movie theatre. he slept through the movie or, if he woke up, we took him out in the hall or I nursed him (yep, I do that in public too...course, you would never notice it, cuz I'm that good! ).

Don't get me wrong, I disagree with getting the kids up just to take them out. But, it happens. Don't be so quick to judge. My husband works a lot of nights. That leaves me home alone with the kids. So, basically, if something comes up, I'm not allowed to leave my house?? Hell, the other night, about 10 pm, I was trying to give my baby girl some medicine. I spilled it and we had to go out and get more, which meant waking my son. The kids were up, we were out, does it make me a shitty parent to stop in and get a movie for me to watch between the time I get home and the time the baby finally falls asleep? She's teething. That could take a while. I didn't stop, but the point is the same. But, if we had stopped in, I very well may have said "the baby won't sleep, so here we are, renting movies." Does that give you, or anybody else, the whole story?? No, but by your "standards" I would then be an irresponsible parent.

Get off your high horse about judging people in a situation you obviously don't know anything about.

TURTLE IS A WELL KNOWN, WELL RESPECTED, AND MUCH LIKED CONTRIBUTER TO THESE FORUMS AND SHOULD BE PROMOTED TO ROYAL STATUS ASAP.
Thanks to the Royal Sugar Pants from the Royal Ninja Tortoise!!

Royal Ninja Turtle...aka the Royal Tortoise

Last edited by turtletime; June 11th, 2007 at 08:47 AM.
Unread June 11th, 2007, 02:37 PM

When I got to work yesterday, my SM had assigned one of the drawers (which does not have a working credit card machine) to a CSR that wasn't even working that night.
Unread June 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyNormal View Post
When I got to work yesterday, my SM had assigned one of the drawers (which does not have a working credit card machine) to a CSR that wasn't even working that night.
I've done that. We all have our "moments"
Unread June 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletime View Post
hmmm, guess i must be a shitty parent then...we went to dinner last night and didn't get home until after 10...both kids were with us. hmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh8286 View Post
Well, if you are out before 9 and whatever you do gets you home afterward, then that's fine. But bringing a kid out of the house just because "He wouldn't go to sleep" isnt an excuse. I'm assuming dinner took at least an hour and a half to 2 hours. So you were out with the family at 8:00. That doesn't make you a bad parent. I'm just bitching because the people that bring their kid to blockbuster at almost 10:30 at night are the same people that bring their babies and little children to R rated movies when they don't get out until after midnight. Yeah, that's real responsible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletime View Post
do you honestly think you should pass judgment on what time somebody takes their kids out?? and what are your credentials, again??

and, for the record, i do take my kids with me to the movie, at night. since it starts at dark, and it's a double feature, we get done about 2 am. granted, we are in our own vehicle, but still, the kids are with me - out past 9pm. and, when my son was a newborn, we took him with us to the regular movie theatre. he slept through the movie or, if he woke up, we took him out in the hall or I nursed him (yep, I do that in public too...course, you would never notice it, cuz I'm that good! ).

Don't get me wrong, I disagree with getting the kids up just to take them out. But, it happens. Don't be so quick to judge. My husband works a lot of nights. That leaves me home alone with the kids. So, basically, if something comes up, I'm not allowed to leave my house?? Hell, the other night, about 10 pm, I was trying to give my baby girl some medicine. I spilled it and we had to go out and get more, which meant waking my son. The kids were up, we were out, does it make me a shitty parent to stop in and get a movie for me to watch between the time I get home and the time the baby finally falls asleep? She's teething. That could take a while. I didn't stop, but the point is the same. But, if we had stopped in, I very well may have said "the baby won't sleep, so here we are, renting movies." Does that give you, or anybody else, the whole story?? No, but by your "standards" I would then be an irresponsible parent.

Get off your high horse about judging people in a situation you obviously don't know anything about.
yeah, um. I agree with turtle 100%. unless you are a parent, do not judge. I am a single mom. So my childs life is a tad unconventional. I have had her out late before. but there are only just so many available hours in the day.