I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread July 1st, 2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Seriously. It was, once again, insane tonight. But i've become numb to most of the crap that's thrown at me. I think being super-polite in return to them pisses them off even more
Saying 'have a nice day' with a polite smile as an irate customer leaves can drive them TOTALLY NUTS.
Unread July 1st, 2007, 09:43 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
By then we shouldn't have any kind of hard wire systems. It will all be on the insert to the temple with access to everything.
Maybe not the most appropriate place to ask a serious question, but... if technology gets to that stage, do you think people would actually WANT to use it, or would their sense of reality and personal morales make them say "enough is enough"?
Unread July 1st, 2007, 09:51 AM

Hey, punch a hole in my brain and sign me up.
Unread July 1st, 2007, 10:29 AM
IHBB GOD

A Day In The Life of the Average Customer

Saturday – 9am
Ahh, it’s a Saturday. A day to spend doing worthwhile things, but first breakfast – 3 slices of toast and a boiled egg. Oh, here’s the post – what’s this? A letter from a debt collections agency? Why, I don’t recall having any debts.

What? I owe Blockbuster Ł12?! On what planet is this? I must call them as soon as possible to correct this bizarre mistake. I will, of course, merely explain clearly, concisely and politely that some mistake has been made.

9:55pm
What a great episode of Casualty. Now then, what else did I have to do today? Oh, of course, phone Blockbuster about that ‘debt’ pickle! Now just seems like the perfect time, just before closing, it should be nice and quiet and the staff will be free to talk to me without having to worry about other customers. My consideration I’m sure will be a deciding factor in sorting all this out. Ahh, anyway.

<Ring, Ring>

I’m just printing an EMPBAL for the second-to-last till, which is being taken off a little later than usual as the store has been bloody busy, since it’s been raining all day – you’d think British people would be used to the rain and would’ve found a way to live around it without resorting to renting videos, but apparently we haven’t evolved that far yet. Ahem.

Me: “Hello, Blockbuster, blah.”
Cust: ”Oi, yeah, I wanna know, like, why you lot have been sending me letters saying you’re gonna send bailiffs round and that.”

Good start.

Me: “I’m sorry, what?”
Cust: ”Yeah, I’ve got this letter and it’s from some company, yeah, I dunno RM-summat, and they say I owe you money and that you lot already sent me a letter, which you didn’t by the way.”
Me: “Okay, okay. What’s your surname?”
Cust: “Cuntfuck.”
Me: ”Okay… right, yes, the debt was on 3 films returned 10 days late back in April. According to the system, you were sent an initial letter on the 18th of that month.”
Cust: “What? I didn’t receive no letter.”

So technically... you did then?

Me: “Okay, well that’s what it says on here, but we don’t send the letters from here, Head Office generate them, but anyway, that’s what the debt was for. Do you remember renting them?”
Cust: ”Yeah, but they weren’t late though.”
Me: ”Well, we made several phone calls to you before they were returned, and you acknowledged they were late then. In fact, I spoke with you myself-“
Cust: ”Oh wait hang on, yeah, no, I remember, that was my mate – she paid for them when she dropped them back.”
Me: ”Nope, no-one paid anything. They came back to the dropbox and there’s been no activity on the account since.”
Cust: “No, I… oh, wait no, I know what happened. Yeah, I paid that.”

Sigh.

I look at my watch. It’s 9:59. I chuck the keys to my CSR and motion to lock the door. There’s still 3 customers walking around in store, too.

Me: “Not according to what I see here, there’s been absolutely no activity on this account since those films were returned.”
Cust: “No, I came in and paid it when I got the letter.”

Oh, oh ohhh! Shenanigans!

Me: ”I thought you said you didn’t receive a letter from us?”
Cust: ”Errr, no! Weren’t you listening? I said I thought you was on about summat else.”

Oh, of course, I should've realised it was my misunderstanding...

Me: ”Right. All I can tell you is that you rented 3 films back in April – blah, blah, and blah – and they all came back 10 days late. Nothing has been active on the account since.”
Cust: “Well, that’s wrong – did you not understand? I told you I paid for them.”

Yeah, that's proof enough for me!

Oh, wait, no it isn't...

Me: “Sorry, but that’s not what it says here. Are you sure you’re not thinking of another time?”
Cust: “NO! I am not thinking of another time. Are you not listening to me? I came in after I got the letter and I paid for it. I ain’t paying for it twice!”
Me: “Okay, well, do you have any proof like a bank statement if you paid by card, or perhaps a receipt?” [I always give out receipts when people pay off outstanding debts without renting at the same time]
Cust: “Look, I told you, I paid it, what are you gonna do about it?”

So that's a "no", then...

Me: ”I can’t do anything about it. The system says it hasn’t been paid. You’re probably best off discussing this with the manager. Perhaps you could call back another time?”
Cust: ”No, I ain’t calling back. I wanna speak to your manager now.”
Me: ”Well, my manager’s not here right now. He’ll be in Monday if you’d like to call back then.”
Cust: ”No, you get him to call me.”
Me: ”It’d probably be best if you called him-“
Cust: ”Look, can’t you just leave a note telling him to call me?”

A note that will get lost or he'll conveniently ignore?

Me: “Fine. I’ll leave a note. When would be convenient to call?”
Cust: “I dunno. Anytime.”

No job, then?

Me: “Okay, I’ll leave him a note.”
Cust: “Right.”
Me: ”Okay then, well, thanks for calling…”
Cust: ”Er, don’t you want my phone number?”
Me: ”Um, no we have your details on the system. That’s how we contacted you when the films were late.”

Hey, ho, thicko.

When I finally got rid of her it was well gone 10pm and there were customers still walking around, not realising we were closed, so it was 10:10pm before everyone was out, and I had two tills to cash up! I was maaaaaad.
Unread July 1st, 2007, 11:58 AM

Gotta love people who contradict themselves, and that guy takes the cake. He did it not once, but twice. Should have said "I thought you said your friend paid it off when the movies were returned."
Unread July 1st, 2007, 06:19 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageUK View Post
Maybe not the most appropriate place to ask a serious question, but... if technology gets to that stage, do you think people would actually WANT to use it, or would their sense of reality and personal morales make them say "enough is enough"?
People are already so lacking a sense of reality and morals that i don't think they'd even question "progress"

RIP Dawd March 08, 2008
Unread July 1st, 2007, 09:31 PM
IHBB GOD

Couldn't beat "Level 2"

So, I'm standing near the entrance above the dropbox organizing BSI that i'm getting ready to run. It's about an hour til' close, and a man with his 12-or-so-year-old-daugther comes in and stops and hangs me their game, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" for PS2.

Me: Just returning?

C: Yeah, and I want a different game. I want to switch that one out.

Me: *pops open the case and looks at the scratch-free disc* Was there something wrong with it?

C: Yeah, my little girl here can't get past level 2.

Wow.

Me: Ahhh...Well, unfortunately all I can do is switch the disc out for another of the same title...and that's only if its defective.

C: It is defective!

Me: You just said she couldn't beat it.

C: Exactly!

Me: No, sir....by defective I mean scratched or totally unplayable.

C: Look. I just rented this yesterday morning. I spent nine bucks on the damn thing. I want my nine bucks worth, you hear?

Me: Right...I understand that, sir, but this is the game you paid for. We don't do exchanges if you're unable to beat a game, just like we don't do exchanges if you dislike the movie you rented.

C: Well that makes no goddamn sense.

Me: I'm sorry. If you want, you can call tomorrow morning and talk to XXXX, she's our store manager.

C: I have work tomorrow!

Me: Right. She'll be here til 5.

At this point a line has formed and my CSR is out running movies, so I have to attend to them. As i'm checking them out, I hear him talking to his daughter "Fine, whatever! Go get you a new game! But we aint comin' back after this!!!!". A few minutes later they both approach the counter with a new PS2 game: one of the Final Fantasy games (I can't imagine how that would be any "easier" than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but anyway...).

Me: The PS2 games are actually 2 for $10. Did you want to grab another one?

C: What?!

Me:....They're 2 for $10. The games.

C: Well how come no one told me that when I rented this last game?! HUH?!

Me: I...don't know, sir.

C: Well, I think I should just get this one half off since no one told me last time!

Me: No.

C: *to his daughter* Go grab you another game before this guy here pisses me off!

Another one bites the dust. Oww!
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread July 2nd, 2007, 12:05 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
Couldn't beat "Level 2"

So, I'm standing near the entrance above the dropbox organizing BSI that i'm getting ready to run. It's about an hour til' close, and a man with his 12-or-so-year-old-daugther comes in and stops and hangs me their game, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" for PS2.

Me: Just returning?

C: Yeah, and I want a different game. I want to switch that one out.

Me: *pops open the case and looks at the scratch-free disc* Was there something wrong with it?

C: Yeah, my little girl here can't get past level 2.

Those are my favorite customers!

Last edited by ClutztomerControl; July 2nd, 2007 at 12:25 AM.
Unread July 2nd, 2007, 12:24 AM
IHBB Freak

*Customer approaches counter*

Me: What can I do for you today?

Cust: Yeah... I want to update my account.

Me: Ok, do you have your card?

*hands me his card*

Me: Ok sir what would you like to update? Do you have a new address or phone number?

Cust: No, I want to take my checking account off here and put my credit card on here instead.

*looks at screen.... VG account*

Me: Ok, sir looks like you don't have a check card on your account.....

*Instantly gets PISSED and cuts me off by screaming..*

Cust: THAT'S BULLSHIT! They keep taking MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT! and it's NOT A CHECK CARD! It's a draft direct from my checking account! I got the numbers off a blank check! YOU GUYS CAUSED MY ACCOUNT TO OVER DRAFT! I WANT IT OFF NOW! I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!!!

(I'm getting pissed at this dumb asshole redneck jerk by this point)

Me: Sir, I am the MOD.... Calm down. I'll find out what's going on... there is no need to shout. First of all You, Can Not, secure your in store account with a routing number from your checking account. We only take credit and starting today check cards. Are you sure this is for your in store account?

Cust: YES! I AM SURE! I GET THE MOVIES IN THE MAIL AND I BRING THEM INTO THE STORE! WHY IS THIS SUCH A PROBLEM FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND!
NOW PLEASE UPDATE MY ACCOUNT WITH MY NEW CREDIT CARD! OR SHOULD I TAKE SOME SORT OF LEGAL ACTION TO GET YOU TO STOP TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT! ALL I WANT TO DO IS SWITCH IT FOR MY CREDIT CARD! IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE WHAT I AM ASKING!

Me: Sir, your Blockbuster Total Access account is separate from your in store account. They are two totally different accounts. All you have to do is sign in to the site and go under my account. You can change your information there. We have a laptop here you can use... would you like me to walk you through the process?

(customers behind the asshole start laughing at him)

Cust: Oh! I am so sorry! I didn't know! I thought since I signed up here you guys handled my account. You mean I could have done this at home?

Me: Yep(being very smart ass)

Cust: Thank you

*customer leaves very quickly*

*Sigh* another night at blockbuster....

Last edited by ClutztomerControl; July 2nd, 2007 at 12:30 AM.
Unread July 2nd, 2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
*Customer approaches counter*

Me: What can I do for you today?

Cust: Yeah... I want to update my account.

Me: Ok, do you have your card?

*hands me his card*

Me: Ok sir what would you like to update? Do you have a new address or phone number?

Cust: No, I want to take my checking account off here and put my credit card on here instead.

*looks at screen.... VG account*

Me: Ok, sir looks like you don't have a check card on your account.....

*Instantly gets PISSED and cuts me off by screaming..*

Cust: THAT'S BULLSHIT! They keep taking MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT! and it's NOT A CHECK CARD! It's a draft direct from my checking account! I got the numbers off a blank check! YOU GUYS CAUSED MY ACCOUNT TO OVER DRAFT! I WANT IT OFF NOW! I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!!!

(I'm getting pissed at this dumb asshole redneck jerk by this point)

Me: Sir, I am the MOD.... Calm down. I'll find out what's going on... there is no need to shout. First of all You, Can Not, secure your in store account with a routing number from your checking account. We only take credit and starting today check cards. Are you sure this is for your in store account?

Cust: YES! I AM SURE! I GET THE MOVIES IN THE MAIL AND I BRING THEM INTO THE STORE! WHY IS THIS SUCH A PROBLEM FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND!
NOW PLEASE UPDATE MY ACCOUNT WITH MY NEW CREDIT CARD! OR SHOULD I TAKE SOME SORT OF LEGAL ACTION TO GET YOU TO STOP TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT! ALL I WANT TO DO IS SWITCH IT FOR MY CREDIT CARD! IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE WHAT I AM ASKING!

Me: Sir, your Blockbuster Total Access account is separate from your in store account. They are two totally different accounts. All you have to do is sign in to the site and go under my account. You can change your information there. We have a laptop here you can use... would you like me to walk you through the process?

(customers behind the asshole start laughing at him)

Cust: Oh! I am so sorry! I didn't know! I thought since I signed up here you guys handled my account. You mean I could have done this at home?

Me: Yep(being very smart ass)

Cust: Thank you

*customer leaves very quickly*

*Sigh* another night at blockbuster....
Oh naughty naughty, a day early?