I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 30th, 2010, 03:27 AM

Angry New Terms

I hear new terms are starting the end of November and everything is going to 3 day rentals... New new releases will be $5, old new releases will be $4, popular core titles will be $3, and non popular core titles will be $2... if you look at the FOS in the category column it now has categories like "horror top rental" so I think this is definately happening.

I had a customer today when I explained everythings $5 for 5 days they said "wow, you guys change your policies a lot" and I was just thinking to myself just wait a couple weeks for yet another change.

People get pissed everytime they get used to the current policy we change it. I think this change will make me lose another 25% active members like the last terms change. Any thoughts?
Unread October 30th, 2010, 03:37 AM
IHBB Freak

I think we should have unwritten rental policies. When a customer (what's that?!) asks when it's due we shrug and say "whenever". They ask how much it'll cost, we shrug and say depends on when you bring it back and what the current policy is -- would you like to sign up for a Blockbuster Master Card? It's only 23.99% APR interest.

I'm glad that TPTB are acknowledging that there SHOULD be a price difference between rentals but, as usual, too little too late. I used to get complaints about this when we raised BSI to new release pricing levels. Even VOD has a price scale.
Unread October 30th, 2010, 03:44 AM

Change the terms every 6 months, so as soon as people figure out when to return movies we change it and score more adr's
Unread October 30th, 2010, 04:50 AM
IHBB GOD

not a good buisness practice. 1 thing i do hate about my company
Unread October 30th, 2010, 06:49 AM
IHBB GOD

I will say it again.

WE ARE ALL FUCKED,
SORRY

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; October 30th, 2010 at 07:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
MaximusX7 (October 30th, 2010)
Unread October 30th, 2010, 07:05 AM
IHBB GOD

they're just so fucking stupid...

=3
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
Unread October 30th, 2010, 07:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
they're just so fucking stupid...
They make a mentally hanidcap kid look like a genius.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Unread October 30th, 2010, 07:13 AM

Rediculous. I can't believe they're gonna change AGAIN. I can see lowering the price of BSI rentals (or even extending the rental period, maybe $5 for 10 days), but changing the due dates again is unbelievable. The equivalent to $1/day is quite possibly the most fair deal we could ever offer. I can see how people would be upset after going from the "due back by the end of the world" to $5 for 5 days, but those are damn fair terms at $1 day for anything & everything (non-game). Hell, even Redbox can't beat that for Blu-Rays. But those terms discussed by the OP...they CAN'T be trying to get any business back with that.

Stuff like that convinces me they just want to run the company into the ground for some kind of sick bankrupcy-business closed tax write-off...
Unread October 30th, 2010, 08:41 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEASM View Post
I hear new terms are starting the end of November and everything is going to 3 day rentals... New new releases will be $5, old new releases will be $4, popular core titles will be $3, and non popular core titles will be $2... if you look at the FOS in the category column it now has categories like "horror top rental" so I think this is definately happening.

I had a customer today when I explained everythings $5 for 5 days they said "wow, you guys change your policies a lot" and I was just thinking to myself just wait a couple weeks for yet another change.

People get pissed everytime they get used to the current policy we change it. I think this change will make me lose another 25% active members like the last terms change. Any thoughts?
Yep, this won't confuse what's left of your customer base.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (November 10th, 2010), sar94pga (October 30th, 2010)
Unread October 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM
IHBB GOD

This will surely drive a stake into the heart of BBI, total confusion, Customers already are still trying to accept the current terms. This is just pure suicide......
And 3 day rentals, will cut back how many movies they will rent. Pickles won't save you now....
The top Poster!