I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 6th, 2007, 06:38 PM

Debit Cards

Starting in July we will be accepting check cards for securing accounts. Can't wait for the ones that can't keep any money in their checking accounts and come in screaming because they start getting overdraft charges when they don't return product within seven days of the due date. Stupid Blockbuster higher-ups; we tried this a few years back. You think they would learn.
Unread June 6th, 2007, 06:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM30 View Post
Starting in July we will be accepting check cards for securing accounts. Can't wait for the ones that can't keep any money in their checking accounts and come in screaming because they start getting overdraft charges when they don't return product within seven days of the due date. Stupid Blockbuster higher-ups; we tried this a few years back. You think they would learn.
Better to be able try to collect from a debit card than no card at all.
The top Poster!
Unread June 6th, 2007, 06:43 PM
IHBB GOD

Yeah, I am all for DEBIT cards. 3 cheers for this manuever!!!!!!!!
Unread June 6th, 2007, 06:45 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM30 View Post

I wanted to add, though I have no idea. I would think if the company wants to do this right and avoid this scenario[ overdraft claims] . There will be some kind of signed account update form that we will have to keep longer than the usual 90 day application process.
Unread June 6th, 2007, 07:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
I wanted to add, though I have no idea. I would think if the company wants to do this right and avoid this scenario[ overdraft claims] . There will be some kind of signed account update form that we will have to keep longer than the usual 90 day application process.
Can you imagine how many updates the csr's will be doing and not getting the signed agreement?
The top Poster!
Unread June 6th, 2007, 07:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Hell, I've always taken debit cards. But that goes back to me not caring about anything.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread June 6th, 2007, 07:53 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Hell, I've always taken debit cards. But that goes back to me not caring about anything.
You must be the store down the street that does this that causes me headaches from the over drafts they call me about all the time
The top Poster!
Unread June 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Ummm... I worked for 2 years taking checkcards and debit cards (not to be confused with ATM cards, because it won't let you enter those) and never once had a complaint.

It really is NOT a bad thing. It is very, very good. You'll see.
Unread June 6th, 2007, 09:34 PM
IHBB GOD

I used to say no to debit cards, but my former SM said to take it. I would warn the person that we are not responsible for any overdraft fee's and made sure that they understood the EOLF policy.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread June 6th, 2007, 09:39 PM
IHBB GOD

We've never been allowed to take them.

I see both sides to the debate though.

On one side, it's a good idea to not take debit cards, with the overdraft fee's and future complaints and all.

On the other side, it's more money for us, and I sure as hell wont be buckling when a customer "demands" I refund them the money to cover their overdraft fee.

I've always hated saying "We can't take debit cards" because yeah, they do act just as a credit card. But, still, a debit card isn't a credit card. *sigh* Whatever. This'll be nice, I guess.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!