I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Direct Access

after customers receive their 7-day rental for $3.99, they can use their movie as a coupon to get discounted movies and games in stores.

uh... what?
Unread December 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM

Yes

/substantial
Unread December 15th, 2009, 01:52 AM
IHBB GOD

I love that they start a by mail program in time for the slowest part of the year at the post office.
Unread December 15th, 2009, 02:51 AM
IHBB Freak

actually is pretty good for those who do come in and cant find the movie they wanted, happens to me at my store several times a day and atleast we get the 3.99
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
IHBB GOD

i have nothing against the idea.... it's a good idea, i'm glad they're doing it.

but they can use that rental for a discounted rental? do they really need that much icing on the cake?

i feel like blockbuster is creating this expectation that our rental deals are getting better and better when that isn't true at all.

in fact, we started a new rental policy a month ago that not only increased the rental rates, but it brought back late fees. as soon as i tell a returning customer this, they are no longer a customer.

ultimately, it just feels like they are making it harder on us at the store level to do what we need to do to keep customers. sure, figure out ways to send them into the store, but figure out just as much ways to keep them away!
Unread December 15th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Tried it on a customer today. It half worked. Despite being in the POS as 'available', a movie a customer wanted had an invalid part number and the transaction could not complete. Very strange.
Unread December 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Better than signing up for online rentals for the store, we get $3.99 each and when the come back we get $1.99 for trade in. In my boook that is a win spot for us.
The top Poster!
Unread December 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Yup! also beats redbox big time. And Blockbuster kills Netflix with in store bluray!
Unread December 19th, 2009, 04:53 AM

the stores get the revenue so you can get 4 bucks off of anyone walking out without a rental who isn't a shoplifter?

it's the best idea this terrible company has come up with in a long time
Unread January 9th, 2010, 03:37 PM

We can do the Direct Acess now, jus started this pass Monday. i did mines already and so did others. Anybody else did theirs yet?