I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 16th, 2011, 12:21 AM
IHBB Freak

Blockbuster's Facebook page

Has anyone else read it? It was amusing at first, but then I started to feel bad for whoever is posting the updates.

They're all like:
Blockbuster (like an eager puppy): Hey guys!!! Here's what's new!!! Yay!!!

All the commenters (who, for some reason, have "liked" the page and read it, despite the fact they apparently despise the company): You suck! Blockbuster is stupid! Netflix is awesome! Fuck you guys!

Seriously... why do they waste their time?

That could apply to either side. I mainly mean the haters, though. Find something more productive, guys, really. But poor Blockbuster should stop trying so hard. Or at least start moderating comments, or deleting the ridiculous ones.

If the "new" Blockbuster is serious about branching out into social media, they need to take a good look at what's happening on it now.

eta
Employees are STILL posting in the open! They aren't "bickering" but still. Wow. Some people never learn.
Hot Head (June 16th, 2011), inkedangel (June 17th, 2011), muthaflippin (June 16th, 2011)
Unread June 16th, 2011, 06:58 AM

The only way for you to comment on a public page is to 'like' it. I'm guessing a good majority of the pages on facebook have as many 'likes' as they do not because people actually like it but so they can voice their annoyance, as is obviously the case with the Blockbuster page. The only reason I haven't 'liked' it to say something about it yet is because they haven't put up anything that's attention grabbing and ire-raising enough for me to do so yet. Plus, my current employer has a facebook page as well and I wouldn't want internet sniffers to be out and about and see me actin' a fool on that page.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psycoma For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (June 16th, 2011), underemployed (June 17th, 2011)
Unread June 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM

The facebook page is making the company look bad. Almost all comments are negative, and if there is a good comment its usually from an employee.
Unread June 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter11buster View Post
The facebook page is making the company look bad. Almost all comments are negative, and if there is a good comment its usually from an employee.
There are no good comments most come from employees

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread June 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
IHBB Freak

Well when you treat the employees and customers like shit..and leave the crappiest bosses in place..what do you expect? Good comments?
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
itirnitii (June 18th, 2011), Ninja (June 17th, 2011), thewickedprincess (June 19th, 2011)
Unread June 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
I liked it to respond to a thread there, then unliked it. I got notifications of responses to my comment, most were agreeing with me....except for one. Said she was an SM. She finally went away.
Unread June 16th, 2011, 04:12 PM
IHBB GOD

OMG i never thought of this. totally liking Blockbuster to despise Blockbuster lol

=3
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 17th, 2011)
Unread June 17th, 2011, 08:41 PM
IHBB Freak

Well...they do remove some posts as I've noticed...looking at it someone said ph look, someone deleted my comment or something like that
Unread June 18th, 2011, 12:20 AM

It must be depressing being in charge of that facebook page. Like running the facebook page for cancer I'd suppose.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 18th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (June 18th, 2011), muthaflippin (June 18th, 2011), underemployed (June 19th, 2011)
Unread June 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM

Did you see the pics? What fucking store does all those damn promotions and events? And the employees are all dressed up? I don't know any store manager that would put that much effort into anything like that...