I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 25th, 2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
So you "worked your way up from the bottom"...did it feel good when they finally let you get on top?
Which one do you prefer?
BBVCasualposter told me that the "length" felt better when he got to be on top...but ultimately he still enjoyed the feeling of the "girth" when he was on bottom.
Oh my your so creative, moving from big fancy words to slandering peoples sexuality. WOW Your my hero.
Unread September 25th, 2010, 06:15 PM
IHBB Freak

Yes! A genuine flame war! We haven't had one of those in a long time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morbid Angel For This Useful Post:
ClutztomerControl (September 26th, 2010)
Unread September 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo SM View Post
oh like Delta, Macys, GM and Kmart. All chapter 11, all still here. and Blockbuster does in fact have the largest collection of digital rights, we aquired those when we purchased movie link a few years back search on bb.com you can rent almost anything digitally straight to your computer, and yes I know brick and mortar stores will eventually be gone, but It won't be anytime soon, just a reduced footprint. Its all good that all you guys hate the company so much, I have a love hate relation with it myself, I've worked with plenty of A-holes but after busting ass for 6 years I can't help but pull for blockbuster. I'm not delusional and I'm not clinging to BBV because its all I've got. I am not worried if BBV folds or flourishes. I have a few semesters of school left now and a lucrative career in front of me (not at bbv of course).
I guess only time will really settle this debate well see what happens, until then keep typing the good fight.
GM got help from the government, doesnt mean they are out of the pit yet

Kmart got bought out by sears. Both companies still are going strong

Delta, I assume the same. Most airlines buy out each other

You forget another company that did Chapter 11,, Circuit city which failed to find a buyer.. hence why they are no more. Do you honestly believe that creditors and everyone else will forgive Blockbuster of its 1 billion dollars debt? Give me a break, they have a chance to plan and better come up with an idea or they are done.

Even Ichan sees it as a lost cause, when he sells all his investements. Does that sound like a guy who wants the company to survive. Maybe stores wont be gone right away, but take the good friday night rush. Where there people basically packed for rentals, people actually enjoyed coming to the store. Nothing could stop BBV

Come the year after 2005, where its a whole different story. Go on and pull for Blockbuster, and the rest of the assholes that bought this company down to its knees. But do note those assholes will feed you to the wolves to save themselves
Unread September 25th, 2010, 11:15 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo SM View Post
oh like Delta, Macys, GM and Kmart. All chapter 11, all still here.
Delta merged with Northwest

Macys merged with Meyer and Frank (amongst others)

Kmart merged with Sears

GM got a government bailout..... lost Oldsmobile, Hummer, Saab, and at least one other (Pontiac?)

Yeah, there's some sterling company there.

So, when's BBI getting their government bailout?

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread September 26th, 2010, 12:35 AM
IHBB Freak

Well said Oz. I think what ufo fails to recognize here is that if Blockbuster doesn't turn it's business around and start making a profit soon, Chapter 7 will come and then it's officially game over. And I simply fail to see Blockbuster making some sort of miracle comeback, especially with such idiotic upper management pulling the strings. For the past 6 or 7 years business has steadily declined. Each and every single month less and less people are using Blockbuster for their movie rental needs. On any given day how many customers does Blockbuster lose to Netflix or Redbox? I suspect it's pretty substantial.. The stock is delisted and worth mere pennies, the brand is shot( and has been for a long time now), the company is bankrupt and the business model is obsolete. DVD kiosks, online rentals and internet streaming aren't going to do shit when the competitors pretty much have a monopoly on those markets.

I'm a former employee and I haven't stepped foot in a Blockbuster store in over 2 years and it's highly unlikely I ever will again. So what's that say about Blockbuster's future(or lack there of)?

Unread September 26th, 2010, 12:44 AM

not to mention i had an 80 year old woman asked me in german, " whose this asshole
" talking about my idiot DM trying to sell her TA

when a grandmother say you suck... like the guy from saw says. Game Over

If Cockbuster is to survive, they need a buyer or a new plan. I yet to see either
Unread September 26th, 2010, 05:32 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post

Kmart merged with Sears

GM got a government bailout..... lost Oldsmobile, Hummer, Saab, and at least one other (Pontiac?)

Oldsmobile was cut a little before that not by chapter 11, Hummer was just recently discontined permanently
they did not loose pontiac they lost saturn

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread September 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post

Kmart merged with Sears

It was not Pontiac, I bought a G5 brand new last year.

But anyway, completely irrelavant.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread September 27th, 2010, 09:03 PM

It means Rewards are harder to sell than Fiats from the 1970's. Normally, I can sell the pants off those things, but since last Thurs, I'm striking out. Same replies everytime from the customers that they wanna wait and see how the company does. Sigh.
Unread September 27th, 2010, 09:46 PM

you're still pushing rewards in Canada? We stopped that at the end of July. We actually aren't supposed to sell any at all.