I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 14th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Ridiculous Meeting this morning

WOW! Was that ever a waste of time. Basically the story was sell more online. I wanted to ask...if we sell more line, aren't we basically working ourselves out of a job? I know of one store near us that was very successful in selling onlint (located in a more upscale neighborhood). Next thing you know, they had a closed sign on the door. Go figure.

Seriously, does Corporate think we are that freakin' retarded? Please

Besides, since we had the last online "push" a couple month back I think we have pitched everyone who visits our store already. They didn't want it then, they don't want it now.

Hell, just bring back Late Fees and save the company.
Unread August 14th, 2006, 01:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
WOW! Was that ever a waste of time. Basically the story was sell more online. I wanted to ask...if we sell more line, aren't we basically working ourselves out of a job? I know of one store near us that was very successful in selling onlint (located in a more upscale neighborhood). Next thing you know, they had a closed sign on the door. Go figure.

Besides, since we had the last online "push" a couple month back I think we have pitched everyone who visits our store already. They didn't want it then, they don't want it now.

Did you read the meeting notes, they explain why we are pushing online, and yes it will close some stores. But unless we get the businees someone else will. Times are a changing. there will still be stores, just not as many.
The top Poster!
Unread August 14th, 2006, 02:08 PM

It's like the song says: The times, they are a-becoming quite different.
Unread August 14th, 2006, 02:10 PM
IHBB GOD

anyway if your store closes see if maybe you can get a job at another location or maybe work at one of the whorehouses in your area.
Unread August 14th, 2006, 02:40 PM

They Times They Are A Changing

I guess if Corporate can quote Bob Dylan so then can I----

"Strike another match, go start anew
And it's all over now, Baby (Big) Blue."
Unread August 14th, 2006, 04:37 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post

Blame the internet, not corporate for this one. The internet is making it cheaper and more convienent to rent movies. Either we move with the times or get left in the dust.

Also, take a look at what happens when you ignore online renting and keep charging late fees:

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6361434.html
Unread August 14th, 2006, 07:48 PM
IHBB GOD

Our meeting was fun. My SM made cupcakes that looked like ladybugs

When we had to "role-play", I was a customer and a CSR was an employee. She asked if I had my blockbuster card and I told her my phone number
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread August 14th, 2006, 07:53 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
Our meeting was fun. My SM made cupcakes that looked like ladybugs

When we had to "role-play", I was a customer and a CSR was an employee. She asked if I had my blockbuster card and I told her my phone number
That's great!
The top Poster!
Unread August 14th, 2006, 07:57 PM
IHBB GOD

I always act like a dumbass customer in meeting roleplays. My favorite was when I stopped every three seconds to scream at an imaginary child.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread August 14th, 2006, 08:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
I always act like a dumbass customer in meeting roleplays. My favorite was when I stopped every three seconds to scream at an imaginary child.
OMG, i LOVE to make my people roleplay. and because i am an asshole, i pick the people that i know absolutely hate it. My DM does that to us. and at first i couldn't stand it. but like antithesys did, you gatta make it fun.

A few months ago we were roleplaying how to sell rewards and the online at the same time. I was the customer and my ex, whom is a fellow SM, was the employee. I was giving him a real hard time, and the whole room was almost crying. It was 8 other SM's and my DM I gave him the whole " i don't have a computer" speech. He came back with, "you can come over and use my computer." The room went silent. ( we had a NASTY break up) And without even thinking i came back with " honey, i have been to your house, and used your computer for free, now why in hell would i pay ten dollars to do it again?"

After that comment, my DM was crying. she decided that roll play was over. and oddly enough, she never chose us to do it again