I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 10th, 2011, 05:23 PM

I think I got this figured out, they won the approval for the sale of the company but the judge has to approve this the auction/dates and in the agreement of the purchase, they cant file Chapter 7 but they can liquidate stores just not the company? Am I right?
Unread March 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
IHBB GOD

That is what I read it to mean. They can't liquidate all the stores can be interpreted to mean they just have to keep one.
Unread March 10th, 2011, 05:56 PM

God. Seriously. How long must this death parade march on...

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (March 11th, 2011), getoffmybeach (March 11th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (March 10th, 2011), johnlow71 (March 10th, 2011), orbitdvd (March 10th, 2011), OzMan (March 10th, 2011), Veruka_Salt (March 10th, 2011), wheresmikey (March 11th, 2011), zooworker (March 10th, 2011)
Unread March 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Breathe 09 View Post
I think I got this figured out, they won the approval for the sale of the company but the judge has to approve this the auction/dates and in the agreement of the purchase, they cant file Chapter 7 but they can liquidate stores just not the company? Am I right?
They can't file Chapter 7, but can choose to sell off all the stores if they want and take money from that to put into their online, streaming and kiosks if they so desire.

Really all it is doing is delaying the inevitable, the stores are all going to close, it is just a matter of when really. Some will last longer than others as long as the profit is there.
Unread March 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthor View Post
How contaminated can they be? It's not like we sell oil or anything else hazardous.
Have you tried the giant gummy bears?

And I don't want to think about what happens when the pickles start to bio-degrade.

--Helena Bonham Carter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzMan For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 10th, 2011), krash (March 11th, 2011)
Unread March 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post
Actually part of the re-worked deal on the sale is the buyer CANNOT put the company in chapter 7.

That doesn't mean they can't do massive store closings...I've heard rumors of 900 stores closing after the sale is approved on April 20th...I think it protects the online and kiosks more because that's their main focus right now.

But I do wish it had ended today. I realize jobs are on the line and I don't want to see anybody lose their jobs, but it's coming before long. Watching this company go on is like watching a dying man who's been on life support for too long.
False! 300 stores due to a deal blockbuster is making with another company
Unread March 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
IHBB Freak

A lot of questions remain, like how they are going to cover operating expenses? We are about ready to enter the dreaded 2nd quarter.
Unread March 10th, 2011, 07:39 PM
IHBB GOD

we cant take out more loans out again?
Unread March 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
I do wonder what the statement of contamination was about ... maybe it is about the pickles?
I think someone actually looked inside one of our customer bathrooms. I know they make me want to put on hazmat suit.
Unread March 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
False!
How the fuck can you say what I heard as a RUMOR is false? You don't know what the fuck I heard or didn't hear. I didn't state it as fact, I stated it as a RUMOR. Jackass.

And your statement is just as much a rumor as mine was. You state yours as fact and it's been nowhere in the news.