I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread March 13th, 2011, 05:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to princess_cupcake17
Could use some advice..

I had an issue with another employee at work today, and would really appreciate some advice on what to do. Here's what happened.
I am a 4-star CSR, the other employee is a shift lead.

I was due to be off work by 4:30 this afternoon, we always have an overlap of half an hour for shift huddles, but we aren't suppose to stay the full half an hour unless absolutely necessary. This means that the SL should have been in by four. She wasn't there. At 4:10, I called. No answer. I left a voicemail, "This is PrincessCupcake, I was just wondering if you were on your way. Schedule says that you were to be in at 4:00, but you're not here yet, please call me back." She did not return my call. At 4:55, I called again, no answer. "SL, this is PrincessCupcake again. It's about five till five. Where are you? You were suppose to be here at four." She finally called back a couple minutes later, "What do you want? Why are you calling me?" I explained once again, that she was suppose to be in at four. "Well, I'm on my way. Downtown, almost on the bridge. But that's wrong, I'm not due in till five." (If she was almost on the bridge, I should have seen her less that five minutes later). She finally shows up at 5:10, which is late, even if she was scheduled in at five. She comes in, and looks, "Oh, well, I guess I was suppose to be here at four, but SM never schedules me for then, so I was doing other stuff. It's not my fault."

This same exact thing happened on Friday, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you misread the schedule once, shouldn't you double check for the rest of the week?

This SL is late every time she works, literally every time. Anywhere from ten minutes, to over an hour. My SM says that it's okay, because she works a second job, however, if she misreads the schedule and is suppose to be in at six, and shows up ten minutes after five, shes early, but then she chooses to leave, and doesn't show up again till quarter after six. So, my SM sees that she is continuously late, yet chooses not to do anything about it. If the rest of us are even so much as five minutes late, we get reprimanded. What should I do? I shouldn't have to cancel plans just because she can't be bothered to show up on time, should I? I should be able to make plans, right?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.