I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 23rd, 2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
If you go to blockbuster's website u already can buy phones, from every provider. You fail to realize DIsh has a lot deeper pockets then blockbuster had when it was on it's own. So, they probably can do what they want lol.
Sure, they have the money to do what they want, without a doubt. But what kind of business sense does it make to insist on implementing strategies that they KNOW won't make money? What's with their attitude of "we're doing this no matter what happens, even if it means losing money?"

They even admitted earlier in the week that the FCC's limitations on their spectrum usage would "cripple" (their words, not mine) their prospects of entering the wireless business. And yet, they still insist on pushing forward, even if it means losing money. What's the deal with those guys?
The Following User Says Thank You to SpiceCake For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (November 23rd, 2012)
Unread November 23rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceCake View Post
Sure, they have the money to do what they want, without a doubt. But what kind of business sense does it make to insist on implementing strategies that they KNOW won't make money? What's with their attitude of "we're doing this no matter what happens, even if it means losing money?"

They even admitted earlier in the week that the FCC's limitations on their spectrum usage would "cripple" (their words, not mine) their prospects of entering the wireless business. And yet, they still insist on pushing forward, even if it means losing money. What's the deal with those guys?
Th3y want to partner

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread November 24th, 2012, 07:55 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Yup there going to be selling cell phones its going to happen no matter what lol
BBI tried that once, it was a disaster.
The top Poster!
Unread November 24th, 2012, 03:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
BBI tried that once, it was a disaster.
Blockbuster thr future pinnacle of all your cell phone entertainment

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread November 25th, 2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:

Pushing forward even if it means losing money..sounds familiar to us old Blockbuster employes doesn't it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chapter11buster For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (November 25th, 2012), inkedangel (November 25th, 2012), zooworker (November 26th, 2012)
Unread November 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM

It will definitely be interesting to see how this "saga" unfolds over the next month since the FCC has promised to give Dish a final verdict, by the end of the year, regarding the extent to which they can use their wireless spectrum. I guess Blockbuster's fate really will be decided once for and all during the proceeding 3 - 4 weeks.

I do like to visit my local Blockbuster to rent games (the monthly "pass" is really the best way to rent them, IMO), so if they close, I'm not sure what I'm going to do to rent games. Renting them from Redbox gets to be too expensive, and I've heard that Gamefly has queuing issues.
Unread November 25th, 2012, 04:15 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
It will definitely be interesting to see how this "saga" unfolds over the next month since the FCC has promised to give Dish a final verdict, by the end of the year, regarding the extent to which they can use their wireless spectrum. I guess Blockbuster's fate really will be decided once for and all during the proceeding 3 - 4 weeks.

I do like to visit my local Blockbuster to rent games (the monthly "pass" is really the best way to rent them, IMO), so if they close, I'm not sure what I'm going to do to rent games. Renting them from Redbox gets to be too expensive, and I've heard that Gamefly has queuing issues.
Buy them on steam or the gamestop app they have wickedly good sales once a month good sales every weekend and shocking low prices 4-9 times a year (giving it away)

Unread November 26th, 2012, 08:58 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
If you go to blockbuster's website u already can buy phones, from every provider. You fail to realize DIsh has a lot deeper pockets then blockbuster had when it was on it's own. So, they probably can do what they want lol.
No seriously...just shut the fuck up.
Unread November 26th, 2012, 09:52 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
No seriously...just shut the fuck up.
Meh, if only some people would follow their own advice
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread November 27th, 2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I guess Blockbuster's fate really will be decided once for and all during the proceeding 3 - 4 weeks.
Nah- If they don't get what they want, I can already see the next "Mandatory Store Meetings"- "Ok, guys and gals- We're gonna try something we did before, but we're confident that this time it will be what brings us back to the top again and will save the company. This is a Rewards Membership Packet...".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PickleBundle For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (November 27th, 2012), inkedangel (November 29th, 2012), johnlow71 (November 27th, 2012), zooworker (November 28th, 2012)