I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 23rd, 2011, 06:50 AM

BBVPocalypse?

Ive been hearing about BBV closing most of the stores in July or something, but can anyone tell me what exactly the truth is behind this?
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosale View Post
Ive been hearing about BBV closing most of the stores in July or something, but can anyone tell me what exactly the truth is behind this?
First are you asking in regards to Canadian or American stores...

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 07:18 AM

Both I guess, though ive heard Canada is pretty much screwed all around due to DISH not picking them up
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM

You actually care what Dish says?

What are they going to do? Try to subpoena IP addresses from thiswebsite and then subpoena those IP addresses from the ISP in order to find out your identity?

I think the majority of judges would just laugh at them. Oh no, a possible employee said something derogatory about them.

Dish is doing no better than Blockbuster did running the chain and it is costing them millions every month they own it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Supera For This Useful Post:
muthaflippin (May 23rd, 2011)
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Aren't most of the stores already closed? How many are still open?
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Ok,Autosale- Dish/BBV got approval from bankruptcy court to get a 90 day lease extention on all US stores in April-this is where July is coming from(around the 22nd). Any landlords who didn't agree with the 90 day terms met with a quickly closed store. Dish/BBV said the extra 90 days were needed to get a better understanding of the financial situation at every store so they could better decide what stores they would be closing. We keep hearing only 200 stores or so will be closed from DM/RDO-but then again we have no popcorn at my store and they still need us to sell 100 bundles a week so what do they know......
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (May 23rd, 2011)
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSmurf View Post
Aren't most of the stores already closed? How many are still open?
About 1700.
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Ok,Autosale- Dish/BBV got approval from bankruptcy court to get a 90 day lease extention on all US stores in April-this is where July is coming from(around the 22nd). Any landlords who didn't agree with the 90 day terms met with a quickly closed store. Dish/BBV said the extra 90 days were needed to get a better understanding of the financial situation at every store so they could better decide what stores they would be closing. We keep hearing only 200 stores or so will be closed from DM/RDO-but then again we have no popcorn at my store and they still need us to sell 100 bundles a week so what do they know......
Just so you know, every time there have been rumors of store closings, the RDO/DM's would always say it was only about 200 stores . Every time, though, it turned out to be much, much higher than that. Think about it--the store count has been reduced by more than 50% in the last few years. It would be a surprise to me if there were any stores left a year from now.
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy1234 View Post
Just so you know, every time there have been rumors of store closings, the RDO/DM's would always say it was only about 200 stores . Every time, though, it turned out to be much, much higher than that. Think about it--the store count has been reduced by more than 50% in the last few years. It would be a surprise to me if there were any stores left a year from now.
Like I said before, I feel that they will spend the least amount of money possible to make marginal improvements this year. After the inevitable 4Q failure, bye bye.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (May 24th, 2011)
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the drones in Blockbuster hell, nor the RDOs, but only the Ergen.
Keyes 13:32

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (May 24th, 2011), djblade (May 31st, 2011), justme83yo (May 24th, 2011), underemployed (May 23rd, 2011)