I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread August 16th, 2007, 04:36 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobedrummer View Post
Normally I would agree,
but in this case, the warnings are a testament to how horrible this woman is.
I think there are warnings from 4 current employees commenting on her rudeness.
Warnings should be simple and not abusive towards a customer. They can get a history by request if they want and that could be grounds for a lawsuit. Also even if you delte them at the store level, LP told me they still exisit on the corps records. So becareful what you put on an account.
The top Poster!
Unread August 16th, 2007, 05:01 AM

So this customer started to call us about a month ago. She seems to call us at lease once a week asking the same question. She called me last night and I thought I would share the first time she called me.

*phone rings*
Me: (insert sells pitch of the day.)
All I hear is heavy breathing.
Her: Hello (Breath) Umm (breath) do you have Chunky Monkey?
Yes after every word she said she would take a deep breath.
Me: What was that again?
Her: Chucky monkey do you have it?
Me: Is it a movie?
Her: No the ice cream.
Me: OHHHH. Umm let me see.
I put her on hold and just start laughing. Who calls a video store for ice cream? So I go and check.
Me: Yes we do.
Her: What kind of caramel popcorn do you carry?
Me: (umm are you kidding.) We carry Poppycock popcorn. (TeeHee)
Her: Does it come with nuts?
Me: We have two kinds, one with nuts one with out.
Her: Ok well my husband is on his way can you hold them for me.
Me: Sure!?!?.

So about 10 mins he comes in and asked for the items. I grab them for him and he pays for them. He was a nice old skinny Blackman. Now like I said this happens every week. She has come in and OMG she smells like shit. She is in her 40s 500 pounds and her breath smells like she just ate a chicken’s anal gland. She is also one of those people that lean in when she talks to you. Ugh I don’t like when she comes in, give me the old guy anytime.

A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better.
Unread August 16th, 2007, 05:09 AM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to videoslave23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Warnings should be simple and not abusive towards a customer. They can get a history by request if they want and that could be grounds for a lawsuit. Also even if you delte them at the store level, LP told me they still exisit on the corps records. So becareful what you put on an account.
The reason they have to get their history from corporate( and why employees are not supposed to give hist's from the pos), is because all comments are deleted. However, when you have a nosy customer that likes to try and see what's on the computer screen, you could run into the same problem.

And ziggy, that's shit's disgusting and hilarious. Too bad i'm a rep whore and can't give you none now.
Unread August 16th, 2007, 05:27 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyj View Post
So this customer started to call us about a month ago. She seems to call us at lease once a week asking the same question. She called me last night and I thought I would share the first time she called me.

*phone rings*
Me: (insert sells pitch of the day.)
All I hear is heavy breathing.
Her: Hello (Breath) Umm (breath) do you have Chunky Monkey?
Yes after every word she said she would take a deep breath.
Me: What was that again?
Her: Chucky monkey do you have it?
Me: Is it a movie?
Her: No the ice cream.
Me: OHHHH. Umm let me see.
I put her on hold and just start laughing. Who calls a video store for ice cream? So I go and check.
Me: Yes we do.
Her: What kind of caramel popcorn do you carry?
Me: (umm are you kidding.) We carry Poppycock popcorn. (TeeHee)
Her: Does it come with nuts?
Me: We have two kinds, one with nuts one with out.
Her: Ok well my husband is on his way can you hold them for me.
Me: Sure!?!?.

So about 10 mins he comes in and asked for the items. I grab them for him and he pays for them. He was a nice old skinny Blackman. Now like I said this happens every week. She has come in and OMG she smells like shit. She is in her 40s 500 pounds and her breath smells like she just ate a chicken’s anal gland. She is also one of those people that lean in when she talks to you. Ugh I don’t like when she comes in, give me the old guy anytime.
Ugh!! Thank goodness I haven't eaten yet! I would have tossed my cookies

RIP Dawd March 08, 2008
Unread August 16th, 2007, 07:30 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
SO glad we don't do the 'promise' (GIS) anymore.
Yet for some fucking reason even NEW SIGNUPS ask if they can get this or that free, even though we haven't done the promise for like 18months. Probably the only piece of marketing BB ever did well.
Unread August 16th, 2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageUK View Post
Yet for some fucking reason even NEW SIGNUPS ask if they can get this or that free, even though we haven't done the promise for like 18months. Probably the only piece of marketing BB ever did well.
I love the customers that ask if they get a free rental when they sign up. Then they get all upset and confused at the same time.

C: Do I get a free rental for signing up?
Me: No but I will punch you in the ovaries for free.

A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better.
Unread August 16th, 2007, 09:16 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageUK View Post
I wouldn't say that... in my experience, customers have a long memory of things that worked out well for them.

I still get asked if we do 'Try Before You Buy', which we did on the games for about 3 months, 3 years ago.

And I had customers inquiring about 99p rentals for around 6 weeks after the one week we did them.
Unread August 16th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
I wouldn't say that... in my experience, customers have a long memory of things that worked out well for them.

I still get asked if we do 'Try Before You Buy', which we did on the games for about 3 months, 3 years ago.

And I had customers inquiring about 99p rentals for around 6 weeks after the one week we did them.
I agree. Only we don't get people asking about it until they check-out and we tell them their total.
"What?! I thought these we're 3/$9.99?"
"These are supposed to be 2/$5. You're wrong."

Or people whose Rewards memberships expired eons ago, "I thought I get this one free?"

I've also gotten quite a few of, "I only want this for one/two/three nights," over the 2 years that I've worked for BB. Did we ever do anything like this, or is the customer getting us confused with another video store?
Unread August 16th, 2007, 12:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockYourFaceOff View Post
I agree. Only we don't get people asking about it until they check-out and we tell them their total.
"What?! I thought these we're 3/$9.99?"
"These are supposed to be 2/$5. You're wrong."

Or people whose Rewards memberships expired eons ago, "I thought I get this one free?"

I've also gotten quite a few of, "I only want this for one/two/three nights," over the 2 years that I've worked for BB. Did we ever do anything like this, or is the customer getting us confused with another video store?
Or when they bitch about "raising your prices", when you've not raised them for 2 years.
Unread August 16th, 2007, 05:34 PM

Seriously, I get that all the time. And I SWEAR I get people who come in EVERY WEEK asking if we've raised our prices.