I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread July 12th, 2011, 11:07 PM

Netflix's new pricing model

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/17...-by-60-percent

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
muthaflippin (July 13th, 2011)
Unread July 13th, 2011, 09:16 AM
IHBB GOD

Looks like Netflix will be filing chapter 11 soon, oh noe!

I believe people might not care unless they are the cheap, loyalty, or just hate blockbuster people

Last edited by djblade; July 13th, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
Unread July 13th, 2011, 10:58 AM

pssh I dont think they will drop that much, but since right now BBV is giving away so much and netflix is getting greedy its only a matter of time before bb online has 20 million users.............
The Following User Says Thank You to cuadrillas For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (July 13th, 2011)
Unread July 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM

It's just a plan on netflix part to offer more and try and beat the 28 day window by giving more money to the studios.

Good plan on netflix in the end they will win if they offer NEW streaming content and content not offered by Blockbuster such as 3d movies for the new 3d tv owners .

A bunch of people think 3d is dead or a gimmick but the truth is the 3D blu ray sales are strong and people want 3D in home maybe not so much in the theater. Renting a 3d movie on demand cost $6.99 to $7.99

Not saying adding 3d is netflix plan but just a good extra option

This small company is already doing it and there making a TON of money !

http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/StoreFront.bok
Unread July 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM

Look at when contracts expires for Netflix with the studios. The studio's didn't expect Netfix to be that big and offered them a low price for their product. Netflix went thru the roof and now that it's coming up on renewal time, the studio's want a bigger piece of the pie. Netflix was going to have to raise their subscription in order to pay the studios.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarge For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (July 13th, 2011)
Unread July 13th, 2011, 03:25 PM
IHBB GOD

Same with Starz, They want more money as Dvd are going bye bye soon

Last edited by djblade; July 24th, 2011 at 07:50 PM.
Unread July 14th, 2011, 09:33 AM

I hadn't switched over yet but I already canceled BB Online. People are bitching because it'll be $16/mo now. So what? I was paying $20 and didn't get streaming. Suck it up, you were getting off easy.
Unread July 14th, 2011, 08:49 PM
IHBB GOD

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/technol...lix-customers/

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodstock For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (July 16th, 2011)
Unread July 24th, 2011, 03:32 PM

Personally, I think people are just in the huffing and puffing ... bitching and moaning phase and that is all this is. I may be wrong, but it's no different than the type of Blockbuster customer who would say they are never coming back, but would be seen in the store 2 days later purchasing a film.

People have such temper tantrums and clearly think they deserve to get something for nothing. They've gotten a good deal for so long on streaming, and that has made them spoiled. So instead of being appreciative, they behave like little children and throw temper tantrums.

Time will tell. I personally don't care for the streaming due to not having full access to the library. Most of the items I want are not offered via streaming, so I just cut that portion out of my subscription and am on the DVD Only plan. Low and behold, my subscription price actually went down for shifting to a DVD only plan and getting the same number of DVD's I had before.

Thanks, Netflix.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
itirnitii (July 24th, 2011)
Unread July 24th, 2011, 04:59 PM

I'm in the same boat, as a Netflix user I've been spoiled WAYYYY TOO LONG -- but I recognize it. I mean Jesus Christ, I paid under $10 a month, got DVDs in the mail unlimited and watched so much digital media each month it was ridiculous. I could watch multiple entire seasons of TV shows in the span of a month and I felt guilty at times like I was stealing from them. I knew it has been too good to be true and that it wouldn't last forever, but the unlimited streaming with no DVDs is still fine by me as Redbox is still uber cheap anyways.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.