I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 18th, 2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Your right, Blockbuster needs to get its act together like years and years ago under the old CEO (not Jim Keyes) When Netflix first started, Blockbuster could have easily brought it out but refuse to change their paradigm. Which now, Netflix is in the lead. Today, companies need to realized their paradigm and how the see the next shift so they wont' fail. Blockbuster was the most stubborn company out there that refused to changed. CEO's need to realized it doesn't matter how much money you make or how much your stock is worth, you always have to be prepared for the next paradigm shift.

For Blockbuster, they are making a lot of changes (Good ones so far) By cutting down stores and feeling comfortable at a right amount. They are going to change their Blockbuster stores in something new (totally new) I seen some plans and I'm not sure they will workWe might see bigger changes in the streaming business next year but this year might be a surprise lol. They have been beta testing, seeing if people really do watch it by release new movies that are not out on dvd or bluray. When streaming movies because the biggest thing, Youtube will get all the money

Top 10 U.S. Online Destinations for Video
1 -YouTube----------------------------111,152 ,000*
2 -VEVO-------------------------------34,580 ,000
3 -Facebook --------------------------29,802 ,000
4 -Yahoo! ----------------------------25,324 ,000
5 - MSN/WindowsLive/Bing-------------16,563 ,000
6 - AOL Media Network---------------- 13,327 ,000
7 - Hulu--------------------------------13,159 ,000
8 -The CollegeHumor Network-----------12,496 ,000
9 - CNN Digital Network ----------------8,262 ,000
10 Netflix------------------------------7,418 ,000

Source: Nielsen
*Per Month 2011
You contradict yourself. If blockbuster is making changes "good ones so far" and you seen some plans and not sure they will work. How can they be good ones? Apperently cutting down stores to a comfortable level and changing them isn't such a good idea if you don't think they are going to work.
Unread April 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
You contradict yourself. If blockbuster is making changes "good ones so far" and you seen some plans and not sure they will work. How can they be good ones? Apperently cutting down stores to a comfortable level and changing them isn't such a good idea if you don't think they are going to work.
These are plans that are going to change Blockbuster big time, they are not looking for small upgrades like in the past they have done. lol the reason why i not sure they are good is because its a gamble lol. Will this work or not lol. Remember when Blockbuster changed their BSI sections and moved things around, that it actually make the store look a whole lot better and updated. ( I consider the store changing bsi section a small upgrade)

Last edited by djblade; April 20th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
Unread April 19th, 2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Yeah but it had a good people but why NC-17 =\
It has full frontal male nudity-the guy is a sex addict. A very well endowed sex addict....
Unread April 19th, 2012, 04:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
These are plans that are going to change Blockbuster big time, they are not looking for small upgrades like in the past they have done. lol the reason why i not sure they are good is because its a gamble lol. Will this work or not lol. Remember when Blockbuster changed their BSI sections and moved things around, that it actually make the store look a whole lot better and updated.
uuummm...hey HOTHEAD could you respond to this one please? I'm kind of busy right now... I'll get the next one. Thanks in advance.
Unread April 19th, 2012, 06:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
If Blockbuster ever wants to make money for streaming movies, they need to get their act together NOW. Since I left Blockbuster, I got a job delivering, seting up, and calibrating TVs and I can tell you that Blockbuster is really lacking in availability for its streaming service. I hook up TVs from 5 of the major companies, and Blockbuster is only available on Samsung products, where as Netflix, Vudu, and Cinema Now services are avaliable on pretty much all the major TV companies products.

It's a fact that more and more people are getting into streaming movies, and if Blockbuster doesn't get its streaming service available on more products, it's going to be left even further behind. It'll be just like almost every other venture Blockbuster has gone into in the past ten years (Blockbuster online, BB on demand, the vending machines) where they jump in several years too late when other companies laid the ground work and have an established customer base, and wonder why they aren't dominating the market.
If you get a TV that streams make sure modem/repeater is wps capable the wireless antenna in the TV/udp drop rate is horrible. Fuxk streaming to a TV @ 3.2 megs a secound without a Roku box or wps repeater/router.

There is a new type.of wifi coming out I believe AE5.0GHZ SHOULD hit the nail on the head for the above problem.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread April 19th, 2012, 07:21 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
These are plans that are going to change Blockbuster big time, they are not looking for small upgrades like in the past they have done. lol the reason why i not sure they are good is because its a gamble lol. Will this work or not lol. Remember when Blockbuster changed their BSI sections and moved things around, that it actually make the store look a whole lot better and updated.
Rearranging shit is still shit. Just rearranged shit.
Unread April 20th, 2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:

As anyone run out yet

Does anyone see this and think this movie could be about Blockbuster? Especially w/the tagline?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzo For This Useful Post:
djblade (April 20th, 2012), LeaderOfShifts (May 15th, 2012)
Unread April 20th, 2012, 09:32 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
It has full frontal male nudity-the guy is a sex addict. A very well endowed sex addict....

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Rearranging shit is still shit. Just rearranged shit.
lol nope, half of the crap is going to be gone maybe 2/3 of it. They are bring in new stuff, even new companies in the store. I'm talking about REDOING the whole store.
Unread April 20th, 2012, 12:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
These are plans that are going to change Blockbuster big time, they are not looking for small upgrades like in the past they have done. lol the reason why i not sure they are good is because its a gamble lol. Will this work or not lol. Remember when Blockbuster changed their BSI sections and moved things around, that it actually make the store look a whole lot better and updated. ( I consider the store changing bsi section a small upgrade)
Has anything worked for BBI? And changing things around in the store will just piss off customers again.....just when they get used to the layout BBI has to go and change it all the time. That is one of the reasons they lost customers.....no to mention many others
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (April 20th, 2012)
Unread April 21st, 2012, 05:29 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Is hot head going to have to smack a bitch?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.