I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 10th, 2012, 09:45 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Sometimes I get a good feeling
Which hand do you use
The top Poster!
Unread February 10th, 2012, 12:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Which hand do you use
refrenced from from a song by flo-rida...your up with the times

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread February 10th, 2012, 09:59 PM

Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
7 companies on the ropes in 2012-Today's MSN story.-This could help boost Redbox or video stores. I'm still seeing big traffic in my store.

Netflix

We all loved Netflix (NFLX) when it freed us from the tyranny of Blockbuster's late fees with a simple DVD-by-mail service. But the love affair is fading. As viewers turn to online streaming video, the red envelopes and DVDs seem quaint -- or worse.... More

Netflix, of course, offers a quality online video service. But the paradigm shift to streaming video is going to be rough on this company in 2012, for two reasons.

First, the change exposes Netflix to a lot more competitors -- from Amazon.com (AMZN), Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG), to sites like Hulu and Vudu, says James Angel, a professor of finance at Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business. Amazon Prime, for example, offers streaming video (not to mention quicker shipping on retail items) for just $79 a year, which is less than Netflix. Netflix customers, still miffed by a surprise price hike made and then rescinded during 2011, are all too happy to convert. Cable companies, meanwhile, are beefing up their video-on-demand offerings.

The other big challenge for 2012 is that the shift to streaming video will make content a lot more expensive for Netflix. With DVDs, Netfix had a great deal. It had to pay only for the discs, then rent them as often as possible without paying any extra revenue to movie studios and TV networks. Now it's payback time. Streaming means content providers can negotiate higher prices by playing competitors against each other, says Michael Corty of Morningstar. "We see a greater portion of the economic profits shifting to the content owners," he says.

Netflix says it will see plenty of growth from international expansion. But it will come at a huge cost in infrastructure, and analysts aren't convinced it will pay off. Ominously, Netflix recently ambushed investors by announcing an expected loss for all of 2012, instead of just the first half. That could foretell even worse news for Netflix in the coming year.
Plus with Amazon Prime, you get free 2 Day Shipping on everything! Have had it for years, great deal!!
Unread February 11th, 2012, 11:01 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonDesertGuy View Post
Plus with Amazon Prime, you get free 2 Day Shipping on everything! Have had it for years, great deal!!
who are you?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread February 11th, 2012, 12:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via Yahoo to koi
thats TUCSONdesertGuy you may remember him from such films as driving stick or licking your own cherry
Unread February 11th, 2012, 09:10 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
who are you?
Hes the taco guy naw hes just an old employee that might still work at blockbuster lol. Hes a SM
Unread February 12th, 2012, 04:42 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi View Post
thats TUCSONdesertGuy you may remember him from such films as driving stick or licking your own cherry
Do you like to to toss your salad and spoon some cherries on it...muahaha

Unread February 12th, 2012, 04:42 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Hes the taco guy naw hes just an old employee that might still work at blockbuster lol. Hes a SM
Tuscany Guy u fired yet?

Unread February 16th, 2012, 06:29 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonDesertGuy View Post
I use Roku for Netflix and Hulu-Plus. I was going to switch to Amazon Prime but when I went to go check it out, it looked like the membership only got your free streaming on crap that's available everywhere. For anything I wanted to see (namely Walking Dead, Southland, Futurama -- stuff not on Hulu) then I have to pay like $2 per episode. WTF? So how does it work, Tucson? Did I misread it?
Unread February 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Tuscany Guy u fired yet?
No NOT HEAD, I WAS SMART ENOUGH TO GET OUT BEFORE THE SHIP SANK. YOU SHOULDN'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE.
CAN YOU EVEN SPELL TUCSON??