I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 16th, 2009, 05:47 PM
IHBB GOD

When a company continues to decieve the public with "smoke & mirrors"...

Another "GLOWING" review of Blockbuster's practices...(not my review...just something to think about...)

Just i thought Blockbuster’s Total Access is on to something with the upcoming video game rentals, apparent something is going away, and if you are a Total Access subscriber, i guarantee you wouldn’t be pleased. I got this email from Blockbuster today with an exciting header that reads “No More Due Dates for free in-store exchanges”! That’s a shocker! Now I can keep my Total Access’s in-store redeems for as long as I want? Heck yeah but Wrong! The Blue Envelop online rental is up to no good: Yes, there will be no time frame for in-store exchange but it will count as the regular rented item, in other words, the upcoming Total Access will entitle you to access both in-store and online movies, but not longer free. Shame on them to continue promoting “Free” In-store exchange. Read the new Total Access features after the cut.

blockbuster

Coming soon, there will be no more due dates for your free in-store movie exchanges!
# In other words, as long as you are an active BLOCKBUSTER Total Access subscriber, you can keep your free in-store exchanges as long as you like.
# In order to eliminate due dates, the free in-store exchange from participating BLOCKBUSTER® stores will now count towards the number of DVDs you may have out under your BLOCKBUSTER Total Access plan. Once you’ve returned your in-store exchange, we’ll then ship you the next available movie in your queue.
# Your free in-store exchanges will now show up on your Queue page and in your Rental History, making it easy to keep track of the movies you’ve rented.

Just some more "SMOKE & MIRRORS" from this bullshit company.

(I "Cut & Pasted" this...so excuse me if it doesn't show up properly.)
Here is the link...

http://www.slashgear.com/blockbuster...-free-1634500/
The Following User Says Thank You to KAWLIGA For This Useful Post:
ClutztomerControl (February 28th, 2009)
Unread February 16th, 2009, 05:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to CarnorJax27069
Sorry, I really don't see anything wrong with them doing that. They are a company in the business to make money. They went way overboard trying to keep up with net flix. This is the only logical step to keep the process flowing.

I am a franchise store... We will not honor that practice at all. If they are late... You pay the late fee. Online is a total waste of time to us. We get very little from BBI when we do those exchanges. So just hope you have a corporate store near you and be happy, LOL.
2. I count my chickens before they're hatched---
3. I have been known to judge a book by it's cover---
So as you can tell, I have a few bad habits...
and oh yeah....
I dont wash my hands , and I play with my toys in the toilet..
Unread February 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
IHBB GOD

You are a "Franchise Store"...you will be closing sooner than others...
Unread February 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM
IHBB Freak

wow..i cant wait until the turn around happens and kaw is outside kicking himself in his own ass...

Kaw must work at circuit city
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (February 16th, 2009)
Unread February 16th, 2009, 07:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Kaw must work for hollywood/movie gallery.
Unread February 16th, 2009, 07:08 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
You are a "Franchise Store"...you will be closing sooner than others...
He's right though. 2 major franchises in Florida already closed down.
Unread February 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
IHBB GOD

while I cant stand Kawliga, it doesnt change the fact that our outlook doesnt look good. I hope we pull it out, because I have a family to support and the job market here blows
Unread February 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
IHBB Freak

I like our employee discounts. 20% is kickass.
Unread February 16th, 2009, 07:25 PM
IHBB Freak

i think we will and some stores are profiting too much to close..
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread February 17th, 2009, 02:16 AM
IHBB GOD

i don't see what's wrong with this at all. it's a smart plan and it's fair to the stores.

if customers can't receive the next movie on their queue until they bring back in-store exchanged rentals, then all they have to do is limit how many movies they exchange. it's simple. if you have 3 out at a time, then only use 2 for exchanges, receive the third in the mail while you watch the 2 exchanges and continue this process in a way where you have at least one in-store exchange available every time you come into the store.

easy done.