I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread November 1st, 2007, 08:32 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
It's the law in WA state, so I could only assume it SHOULD be the law in OR. Someday, some pump jockey is going to blow up the station, and maybe THEN people will realise how bad a system they have created. (Seriously, I have NEVER gotten petrol and NOT seen the pump jockey on his cell phone. Even at 2AM. Who the fuck are they talking to, anyway?)
I just looked through all the RCWs and didn't find it as an actual law. Besides, it not the phone that causes the fires...it's the buildup of static you get when climbing in and out of your car. Most people will touch the frame of the vehicle when they get out, but if you are on your cell, you aren't likely to...then you touch the pump to the car and somehow a spark will happen from the built up static electricity...same as if you were to walk around the local Albertsons with one of their damn car carts and touch your child...the shock will make you both jerk! not that I've had that happen recently...

and hey, i'm on the phone frequently at 2am...the hubby works nights, it's easy to be on there in the wee hours....and if he's not talking to me, he's probably talking to one of the other drivers...course, he does it to stay awake...pretty easy to get road hypnosis at 2am when you are out driving for hours on end, looking at nothing but the highway! not that that was relevant to the topic at hand, but.............................

TURTLE IS A WELL KNOWN, WELL RESPECTED, AND MUCH LIKED CONTRIBUTER TO THESE FORUMS AND SHOULD BE PROMOTED TO ROYAL STATUS ASAP.
Thanks to the Royal Sugar Pants from the Royal Ninja Tortoise!!

Royal Ninja Turtle...aka the Royal Tortoise
Unread November 1st, 2007, 08:32 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post
They don't care? When Seattle's runoff streams are streaming along, don't they know when an area's covered, it means they should at least try to weave around? Fucking hell, runoff streams these days!
i know!! rude lil fuckers, ain't they!! specially when they come up on unsuspecting feet!

TURTLE IS A WELL KNOWN, WELL RESPECTED, AND MUCH LIKED CONTRIBUTER TO THESE FORUMS AND SHOULD BE PROMOTED TO ROYAL STATUS ASAP.
Thanks to the Royal Sugar Pants from the Royal Ninja Tortoise!!

Royal Ninja Turtle...aka the Royal Tortoise
Unread November 6th, 2007, 08:13 AM
IHBB GOD

Yeah, so it's a troll, but just because of that doesn't mean THIS story isn't relavent, and doesn't deserve posting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Associated Press
Calif. court to hear marijuana case By PAUL ELIAS, Associated Press Writer
48 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO - When Gary Ross was ordered to take a drug test at his new job, the recently hired computer tech had no doubt the results would come back positive for marijuana.

ADVERTISEMENT

But along with his urine sample, Ross submitted a doctor's recommendation that he smoke pot to alleviate back pain — a document he figured would save him from being fired.

It didn't: Ross was let go eight days into his tenure because his employer, Ragingwire Inc., said federal law makes marijuana illegal no matter the use.

On Tuesday, the California Supreme Court is due to hear Ross' case, the latest example of the intensifying clash between federal and local authorities over marijuana use.

Ross, 45, contends that Ragingwire discriminated against him because of a back injury and violated the state's fair-employment law by punishing him for legally smoking marijuana at home.

He says he and others using medical marijuana should receive the same workplace protection from discipline that employees with valid painkiller prescriptions do. California voters legalized medicinal marijuana in 1996.

Eleven other states, including Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington state have adopted similar laws and many are now grappling with the same sticky workplace issue of employee use of medicinal marijuana.

The nonprofit marijuana advocacy group Americans for Safe Access, which is representing Ross, estimates that 300,000 Americans use medical marijuana. The Oakland-based group said it has received hundreds of employee discrimination complaints in California since it first began tracking the issue in 2005.

"It's an extremely widespread problem," said Joe Elford, the group's chief lawyer.

Several national medical organizations and disability rights advocates have filed friend-of-the-court papers urging the Supreme Court to rule in Ross' favor.

Ross, who lives in Sacramento, said he permanently injured his back in 1983 while serving as a U.S. Air Force mechanic. He said it wasn't until 1999 that he found true pain relief with marijuana.

The American Medical Association advocates keeping marijuana classified as a tightly controlled and dangerous drug that should not be legalized until more research is conducted.

"I think I'm standing up for everybody else," Ross said. "My motivation is that I don't like to lose and that medical marijuana is effective."

So far, though, Ross has been losing.

Two lower courts have sided with Ragingwire's decision to fire Ross because federal law holds that marijuana is illegal in all guises and a 2005 U.S. Supreme Court decision declared that state medicinal marijuana laws don't protect users from criminal prosecution.

Ragingwire marketing chief Doug Adams declined to comment on the case.

Ragingwire, a small telecommunications company in Sacramento, has been joined in the Supreme Court by powerful corporate interests such as the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority and the Western Electrical Contractors Association Inc., who said companies could lose federal contracts and grants if they allowed employees to smoke pot.

The conservative nonprofit Pacific Legal Foundation said in a friend-of-the court filing that employers could also be liable for damage done by high workers.

"History abounds with cases of employers found liable," the Sacramento-based foundation wrote, "because their employees were driving vehicles, operating heavy equipment or otherwise performing tasks made more dangerous by their being under the influence of alcohol or drugs."

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread November 6th, 2007, 11:17 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Yeah, so it's a troll, but just because of that doesn't mean THIS story isn't relavent, and doesn't deserve posting....
Wonder if I could get some for my knee pains?
Hell I go to work and take pain killers. They are prescribed, next thing you know you will be fired for taking birth control....
The top Poster!
Unread November 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Wonder if I could get some for my knee pains?
In Oregon, you can.

Hell, I just found out yesterday that people shorter than 4ft9in (I think) can get handicapped parking placards in Oregon

Quote:
Hell I go to work and take pain killers. They are prescribed, next thing you know you will be fired for taking birth control....

Only if you're dumb enough to elect ANOTHER Republican

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread February 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM

As far as I can gather (at least in Washington) BB doesn't drug test at all. Unless you came to work messed up...

It's one of the biggest reasons I decided to work for them.
Unread February 23rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
IHBB GOD

medical marijuana-im all for it
Unread March 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM

No drug test required or given at bbv.
Unread March 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Damn you guys and ressurecting long dead threads! Again here I am reading a thread and I see OZZY! Then I see the date.

Oh well.

[SIGPIC]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/6/Advent_Children_Fan.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Unread March 10th, 2009, 09:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
he said he'd be back the day blockbuster files bankruptcy.