I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread September 4th, 2006, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
Here's a doosey (sp?) from tonight:
My CSR and I exchange looks as she's leaving and after she's gone (there was no one in the store) I say: Yes you did you fucking bitch or you wouldn't have said it!
CSR- People don't realize how little effort it takes to be nice.

And I couldn't agree more.

I usually put the receipt inside one of the movie boxes, not only does it help me remember if I took the locks out, it also, and I hope, makes the customer look at the due dates one more damn time.

Also Tonight. Note, its 11:04, we've been closed for 4 minutes yet she wanders around the store, her kid trashed the family section and shes talking on her cell.

Me: If you need any help, I can assist you, just we closed a few minutes ago, and need to start closing duties.
C: Uhhh, fine. Do you have any Take the Lead?
Me: Seeing as no one has been in the store and the bins are empty, I still double check.. (I even swung the doors open for her visual inspection.)
C: I get it free next time!
Me: No, thats only for select titles, ones with the Yellow/Red Shelf Liners.

She then proceeds to move the liners to Take the Lead. Comes back to the counter and proceeds.

C: Well, I see it on Take the Lead
Me: Looks like its in the wrong spot ma'am.
C: So, did you get any in while I was over there?
Me:....

I then told her she had a movie still out and she told me she returned it. Her husband told her it was at home and she looked embarassed.

C: Oh.. Well I'm not paying anything for it.
Me: Ok, it will be next time, a 1.25 restocking fee.
C: What? I'll return it, I told you I would, can't you take it off?
Me: No, its late, nothing I can do and you've paid them before on your history, so I'm sure you know our policy and if not, I'll explain it again.
C: No, please don't torture me.

Hands me movies then walks out.

She then calls, I didn't answer the phone, the ASM did and asks if we had Take the Lead in.

Sigh -

Last edited by Nudedos; September 4th, 2006 at 11:32 PM.
Unread September 5th, 2006, 01:23 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorehoppin View Post
brantheman...

1 thing you should've done with those customers...give them each a free rental to prevent them from calling corporate...I know the customers are assholes but what will happen is they will call corp. - someone from corp. will call your DL - your DL will call your SM and tell them to put a credit on that customer's account for 2 free rentals. They will probably also send that customer a $50 giftcard for their trouble. 99.9% of the time the DL doesn't want to deal with the customer bullshit so they give them what they want. They don't even want to hear your side of the story. The customer could've come in and told every other customer in line to fuck off and then pissed in your drop box and the DL will still give them free shit. Its all about customer retention - they think its better to keep those jackasses as customers than let them go to the competition.

That's why you have idiots that return movies 4 months late and the DL tells you to just credit off their entire balance (including restocking fees) because that idiot didn't agree with our policy.

I've only had one situation where the customer called corp. on me and didn't get anything for free but what happened was I had banned him from the store for being abusive...but someone from corp. called me (instead of going straight to the DL) and asked if I would change my mind if the customer came in and apologized and I let him.
But see, you're right, she will ultimately get her way. If I would have let her cut in front of all of those people, she'd have got her way. If she calls corporate because I didn't, she'll get her way. The difference is that in making her go back in line, I -personally- didn't let her get her way, and even if she nabs a free rental or a giftcard, i'm still not going to let her cut in line the next time she tries to pull that shit on me.

Anyway, I've got a fun quote from my shift last night. It wasn't me, and it wasn't a customer either. It was my ASM. A guy comes in and she tells me, "Shit. I *hate* that guy! He always hits on me". Well, he comes to check out and tries to start a conversation with her. She starts scanning his movies.

Customer: *stretches* It feels really, really good in here.
ASM: (sarcastically) I'm glad you enjoy it. This one is due back on Wednesday, etc..

It took everything in me not to crack up laughing right then and there.

I dunno, she's a VERY sarcastic person and gets complaints on her allllll the time.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!

Last edited by brantheman; September 5th, 2006 at 03:05 AM.
Unread September 5th, 2006, 06:39 AM
IHBB GOD

So, Had this lady yesterday morning. I have never seen this in the 5 years i have worked for blockbuster. i still cant believe it.

She walks in with her son, with a stack of returns. instead of putting them on the counter, she tosses them in the drop box. the proceeds to walk around the store. about 5 minutes later she comes up and clarifies the R1G1 for rewards. then walks back on the floor.

They come up to the counter with another stack of movies. I scan her card and see that she has 11 movies out, and wants to rent 8 more. and the account is not secured with a credit card. I thought to myself "Self, check in those other movies first". so i did a print list, and starting digging through monday morning after the holiday weekend drop box. i found 10 of the 11 that were checked out. boxed checked them, one was missing the disc.

Me- Big mamma's house 2 is missing the disc, so i can't check this one in.
C-well, it was in there when we left the house, i personally checked each one.
Me- Well, its not in there now.
C-Well, maybe it fell out when i put them in the box.
Me- Okay, Let me go check......Nope, not in there.
Son-Oh yeah, i left that one in the computer this morning.....

Me- I found all of them except walk the line, just to let you know.
C-Well how many did i have out.
Me-11
C- Well i returned 11. I counted them before we left the house.
Me- (to myself) just like you box checked them all personally....."okay, I will go look again"
C-yeah, you do that....
Me- nope, not in there.
C-Well i returned all of them
Me- As far as i can see, you did not bring back walk the line (takes sip of coffee)
C-well i don't believe you. I think it is in that box, and you want me to get charged for it.
Me- Yeah, thats exactly it. except for its really not in there. so, you probably left it on the TV or something. Perhaps in fell under the seat in your car.
C-doubtful. but i will go look.

She goes out to the car and rummages around for about 5 minutes. I drink my coffee and go through paperwork. She comes back in.

C-Well its not out there. so it is here somewhere.
M-I looked in the box, not once, but twice. and it is not in there.
C-Well is it in the stack of movies behind you?
(i look behind me on the counter and there are about 6 movies returned from MP customers. )
M-Nope, those are movie pass returns. And i havent processed the drop box yet this morning, so it wouldnt be anywhere else but in there.

Without warning, she just walks behind the counter and opens the drop box and starts rifling through it. I have never, ever seen that happen before. and i just let her, because i knew she would never leave if i didnt. So i just leaned on the counter and drank my coffee and watched her. in the back of my head i was thanking her for sorting the box for me. THEN, her son thinks he can go back and watch her.

Me- Um, yeah, don't want you back here too, one of you is enough.
C- Don't talk to my son that way
Me- You are in an employee's area only. I am LETTING you look through that box. That is a courtsey i am extending to you. not your son. so if you are hellbent on finding that dvd in that box, i suggest you tell your son to go back around to the other side. and he does. Sure enough, Walk the line is not in the drop box. so she resigned to that fact. still was pissy, and OF COURSE didn't apologize for being a bitch. rents her 8 movies and leaves.

about an hour or 2 later she comes back, tosses the big mamma's house and the walk the line in the drop box and left.

fuckin bitches.....
Unread September 5th, 2006, 11:43 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budkeiser View Post
A good way to prevent locks is get a case of OCD? Not a bad idea.

I've already got one, thanks. And I wouldn't wish it on anyone else either.
Unread September 5th, 2006, 01:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
I scan her card and see that she has 11 movies out, and wants to rent 8 more. and the account is not secured with a credit card.

about an hour or 2 later she comes back, tosses the big mamma's house and the walk the line in the drop box and left.

fuckin bitches.....
Guess who wouldn't be renting movies at my stores? ;-D
Unread September 5th, 2006, 02:42 PM

I had to instruct a CSR of mine to not let a lady rent all 6 volumes of Lost Season 2 without a credit card on file. When she was informed of this, she decided against it. Gee, I wonder why? Probably because she was going to keep 'em out for the fullest extent of days, that's why!
Unread September 5th, 2006, 07:01 PM
IHBB Freak

one thing I really love about movie pass customers...when they come in on Tuesday morning to rent Lost, they get the first 2 discs and I know that they'll be back the next day to get the next 2....with regular customers they'll rent all 6 and keep them all for 2 weeks.

I love when dumb customers come up to rent Lost and have disc 4 only...when I ask them why they are renting only that disc they then realize that the whole season isn't on just that disc!
Unread September 5th, 2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorehoppin View Post
I love when dumb customers come up to rent Lost and have disc 4 only...when I ask them why they are renting only that disc they then realize that the whole season isn't on just that disc!
Rome has been the bane of my sanity thanks to this little problem. It's always so convenient that the barcode labels directly cover the "Volume 1, etc" on the cover, so all people see is "Rome - The Complete First Season" and assume the whole season comes magically in one box.

Then I have to explain the concept of multiple disc TV shows, and they don't even bother getting the first disc citing it's too much to watch. Can't blame them for that much, I guess.
Unread September 6th, 2006, 04:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to sparklez631
Coldie, get out your p-touch and label what volume each one is, even if it's written on the box. We did that for all the TV shows at my store and we haven't had a single problem since.
Unread September 6th, 2006, 04:47 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
So i just leaned on the counter and drank my coffee and watched her. in the back of my head i was thanking her for sorting the box for me.
Classic.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!