I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 22nd, 2009, 07:18 AM

Hey Chris, Got a Question for ya.

i noticed while i was looking through the member search, that alot of people havent made any recent threads, Some were dated back a few years since their last sign in.

just wondering if you delete anybody after so long, and if so how long?
________
Honda RC144

Last edited by bthbr4; January 20th, 2011 at 05:19 AM.
Unread May 22nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

I usually don't delete anyone that has made at least one post. Maybe every couple of years I look through any members that have never posted, and never visited (back) and delete them.

Not that big of an issue, since they don't really do any harm...
Unread May 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
IHBB GOD

Got another question for ya Chris,
Why did you let Randomcsr back?
The top Poster!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Lomithrandel (May 22nd, 2009), redfay (May 22nd, 2009), Thenigerian (May 23rd, 2009)
Unread May 22nd, 2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
I usually don't delete anyone that has made at least one post. Maybe every couple of years I look through any members that have never posted, and never visited (back) and delete them.

Not that big of an issue, since they don't really do any harm...
Thanks!!!
________
silver surfer vaporizer

Last edited by bthbr4; January 20th, 2011 at 05:19 AM.
Unread September 12th, 2009, 06:45 PM

Wink

hav u thought about changing the colors on here? an maybe the dvd icon in the heading of the page? i like the format, but i wud like to see a lil change
thats all.
Unread September 12th, 2009, 08:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthbr4 View Post
hav u thought about changing the colors on here? an maybe the dvd icon in the heading of the page? i like the format, but i wud like to see a lil change
thats all.
i bet if you ponied up the dough Chris may be willing to file your suggestions away
Unread September 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Got another question for you Chris...seriously...you named this board "IHATEBLOCKBUSTER" yet you have allowed it to be overrun buy posters who obviously LOVE Blockbuster. While I'm down with giving credit where credit is due (as a matter of fact I would like to congratulate BB on their recent stock surge)...I just can't understand/would never myself "sell-out"...and that appears that's what happened. All of the "contributors" of your board are the biggest flamers/spammers on here.
No Santa Clause...No Easter Bunny...No Jesus...No Tooth Fairy...Pete Rose bet on baseball... but Chris Edge "loving" Blockbuster??!...Say it ain't so Chris...say it ain't so.
Unread September 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM

i think you look way too far into it, not many of its employee's "love" blockbuster, most of us just love getting a pay check, no disrespect or anything
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theocckeeper For This Useful Post:
ringmybell (September 16th, 2009), zooworker (September 15th, 2009)
Unread September 14th, 2009, 06:27 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by theocckeeper View Post
i think you look way too far into it, not many of its employee's "love" blockbuster, most of us just love getting a pay check, no disrespect or anything
don't worry, kawliga has no sense of contextual comprehension. if we post in the "Lovers of Blockbuster" forum section, we unquestionably LOVE Blockbuster. if we work for Blockbuster, we LOVE Blockbuster.

black and white: that is the stretch of kawliga's brain.
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
zooworker (September 15th, 2009)
Unread September 14th, 2009, 09:09 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theocckeeper View Post

This. Exactly this. In the end, I'm sure a lot of us even dislike Blockbuster. Maybe not as much as Chris, but in the end, for now, I factor in three things:

1- It pays my bills. Blockbuster, to me, is a means to an end. I'm sure those of you who've moved on don't give a rat's ass about BBV, nor do you really care too much for your job, but at the end of the day, you're still standing there holding a paycheck, aren't you?

2- I am, and have always pretty much been aware, that BBV is a sinking ship. Face it-- I love working there, but I don't see it being there another five years. So why do I stay? If anything else, so I can put "retail management- (x) years" on a resume. In some places, businesses look at roughly five years of management experience as equivalent to a bachelor's degree. You can learn it in school, or you can get the experience, and based on my store's clientele, while school experience is a plus, most retailers would rather hire someone who has real world experience.

3- BBV has changed. I'm well aware they've screwed people before. Here I sit, a BBV ASM, and I've even been screwed by them before, yet here I am. In my district at least, there's a huge policy that, unless the customer has a long history of having autosold product or balances all over creation, to "NEVER SAY NO!" In theory, if Chris had been in the same situation he'd started this website over now, I'd have thought two things- "It's a small balance, I'll remove it" and "I'm a human being, I'm not going to cost my store revenue and customer loss over an item that's one day late. I also understand having a job and having to go out of the way to return a movie, therefore it's not a big deal."

DISCLAIMER- I understand Chris's movie was on time. That's irrelevant to my hypothetical, which is to say, if a customer had a good history of being on time and was late once, or whether the customer had a movie in on time and it was missed in the checkin process, I'd have taken care of it the exact same way- bring it to my attention and odds are good that I'll remove the balance. Moving on...

My DM would be beyond pissed, actually, if, given the circumstances, I DIDN'T remove that hypothetical balance. We have limits, but there ARE humans running a store. You can't tell Redbox to remove a balance. You can't expect Netflix to care about your sob story regarding the mailman who kept your movie. We CAN be reasoned with, and in fact a good number of our customers who could just as easily go to the four fucking Redbox kiosks across the street all say the same thing: "We can talk to you guys."

This leads into trolls like Kawliga. Sometimes trolls can be funny if they're creative, which Kaw fails in epic spades. Like a royal flush of spades of Epic Fail. He might've been funny or amusing if not for the fact that I hear his schtick, in person, once a day at least. And what's funny is, these very same BBV doomsday speakers are the ones coming into my store, renting my product, and asking me about BBV's failures. A- I don't care personally, I'm in it for the check, B- I appreciate the irony of you coming into my store, giving me money, and then turning around and telling me I'm not making any money, and C- I appreciate creativity in trolls. Even if I disagree with you, if you're funny, I'd probably side with the troll.

tl;dr- I wouldn't go so far as to say I live, breathe and bleed Blockbuster, but it's a job that pays me (for what I need) well enough, it's a job that's going to allow me to put "long time management" on a resume, and even with all the buffoons, I still love to do it. I'm not happy with BBV taking away, say, raises and tuition assistance, but I'm happy being reasonably compensated to socialize, about movies and in general, and to watch movies and play next generation games for free. Also, if you're going to be a troll, take some lessons or get schooled.

One little bit of clarification: There's probably some SMs on here that see my approach to removing a single day late item's balance and thinking, "OMG NO WAY!" I, however, have permission from my own SM and DM to take extenuating circumstances into effect. Hell, I'm basically authorized to remove up to half of a gigantic late fee if the extenuating circumstances are present. And I'm sure we've all had to deal with the frustration of removing a huge balance outright for stuff like Member Owned FOS. Credits were a big no-no back in the day, and they're no longer so. I've had some worry about Loss Prevention come down like an army on top of me, but I've had a few chats with LP who kinda poo-poo'ed it aside, and even Keyes himself, who likes to randomly drop into stores on occasion. Ours was one such store, and the concern was brought up, and it was made clear to me that the customer is the most important issue, not a two dollar daily rental charge that could cost said customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.

Last edited by deathbydanny; September 15th, 2009 at 08:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
ringmybell (September 16th, 2009)