I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM

$9.99 BSI Pass-How is it working?

So, we're into the first few weeks of this new pass, just wondering how successful it is at other stores. Not really too popular at mine, just a few sign-ups (although the people that have it love it).

For any stores that have a lot of new sign ups, do people see the signage and ask for it or is it mainly up-selling?

Also-I've had several customers coming in and thinking that its for new releases...good luck with that.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 05:23 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbemp_can View Post
So, we're into the first few weeks of this new pass, just wondering how successful it is at other stores. Not really too popular at mine, just a few sign-ups (although the people that have it love it).

For any stores that have a lot of new sign ups, do people see the signage and ask for it or is it mainly up-selling?

Also-I've had several customers coming in and thinking that its for new releases...good luck with that.
No luck; people want new releases.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 05:28 PM

people who rent a lot of family and kids movies sound like the best target
Unread August 18th, 2010, 06:36 PM

Our customer base is mainly the old "3 pack". They are not digging the new bundles or the BSI pass at all. We have such a high average spend ($13 +) week in/out, that the pass is going to ding us. Not to mention TPT will take a nose dive. I've had much better luck with the game pass- sold 5 on Tues, 2 today, and it was dead.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Dear God what fresh hell is this? Where is your store. I am busy cramming Total Access Online, Bundles and Halo to what few customers I have at the moment.
Here is an idea lets make a program that will benefit our customers who rent regularly after every 5 paid rents we will give them a free one. It will help with loyalty and frequency.
Oh wait we have that! We just don't want you to sell it.
Jesus if the execs could make up their minds about what we in the field need to be doing to help the company and the customer I would have a bloody party.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spohiesmom2008 For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (August 18th, 2010)
Unread August 18th, 2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spohiesmom2008 View Post
Dear God what fresh hell is this? Where is your store. I am busy cramming Total Access Online, Bundles and Halo to what few customers I have at the moment.
Here is an idea lets make a program that will benefit our customers who rent regularly after every 5 paid rents we will give them a free one. It will help with loyalty and frequency.
Oh wait we have that! We just don't want you to sell it.
Jesus if the execs could make up their minds about what we in the field need to be doing to help the company and the customer I would have a bloody party.
I'm up in Canada, I think it might just be here only. As for game pre-sales, they are pretty sparse, but I think we might get a rush for halo though.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 07:40 PM
IHBB GOD

BSI pass? Blockbuster always brags about them having new releases and now this?
Unread August 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM

Canada well ok. Did you see the Canadians stores are now collateral so we can still get product from the studio's! Game pre sales are sparse here to but that has not taken them off the priorities report! Bring back the AV. Check push I say and just let me sell them something they need and that will keep them coming back instead of a candy bundle or an online program thats going to remove your money from my store!
Unread August 18th, 2010, 08:08 PM
IHBB Freak

i want a snack card!

a free candy every visit or something!
Unread August 18th, 2010, 08:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Hey, that might not be a bad idea. Pre-paid snack cards lol