I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 29th, 2010, 01:06 PM

1 store manager. 2 stores.

Our store manager told me that she is leaving to drop down to sales manager at another store. The store manager from our closest store is now going to be running her store & ours.
Is this the beginning of the end for our store or is BB starting to have store managers run 2 stores. I'm guessing it's the end for our store.
Unread August 29th, 2010, 01:14 PM

They've been doing that since 2008 in TX. My DM wanted me to run 2 stores as a Multi-Unit SM and I was like sure, give me 2x my normal paycheck ;D and then he explained it was only like 3k more per year which breaks down to $100 extra per paycheck after taxes so I declined. They do it to save money on SM salary. Sometimes they do it when they know they are going to close a store too. Store X is closing so they have one SM run it till it is time to close it. If your store is real low volume, losing money/bad SPRs, has a bad lease, or lease is almost up I would say be concerned! Other retail companies do this as well, I have a friend who runs 2 stores for a shoe company that operates primarily mall locations.

Last edited by kOre; August 29th, 2010 at 01:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kOre For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (August 29th, 2010)
Unread August 29th, 2010, 01:35 PM
IHBB Freak

Yup MSM are becoming the thing nowadays
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread August 29th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Tell any store manager that you know that it is not worth it whatsoever to do the MSM, I worked it out and it only amounts to about 20 dollars a week after tax, You are not reimbursed for extra travel time, and if you do not have a well trained staff, experienced staff than it is hard to avoid the 6 or 7 day work weeks. Also you do not get paid while you are doing it, it is a spot bonus at the end of a quarter. I got burned, big time with this MSM thing.

Don't Do It!!!
Unread August 29th, 2010, 06:25 PM
IHBB GOD

i just wanted to reiterate how BAD of a company this is that they would offer such a pathetic amount to MSMs.

there are some perks to MSMs, but salary is NOT one of them.

my SM ran two stores for 8 months and the temporary compensation they gave her was an additional 4k to her salary ONLY while running both stores.

PATHETIC.

=3
Unread August 29th, 2010, 06:35 PM
IHBB GOD

And they bonus after the store closes too. So its another 1 grand
Unread August 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM

They did away with the closing store bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
And they bonus after the store closes too. So its another 1 grand
As far as the MSM position is concerned, it sucks ass. Being a DTSM was bad enough for the years I did that and they tried to get me to take an MSM position several times for the same pay. I declined that and finally told them to give the DTSM position to someone else as well. The extra $4k wasn't worth the hassle.
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

SPAY AND / OR NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS: Please watch this...
Clicky
Unread August 29th, 2010, 07:08 PM
IHBB Freak

A DM I know said without a doubt one of the stores is set to close.
Unread August 29th, 2010, 07:39 PM

We have a MSM in our district. Our DM said the one store didn't make enough to pay a SM, so they could pay the SM out of the other store's budget.
Unread August 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
IHBB Freak

How can two stores with 1 MSM possibly schedule hours and be under or right in range when the one MSM is limiting his or her time between the stores and stacking up hours being scheduled to the hourly employees?