I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Movie/Music/TV Talk

Unread July 9th, 2012, 03:44 AM

Our first short

Hey, all, I hope you don't mind me posting this, but we finally decided to put our first short film online. I've been trying to get it in conventions and the time has come to move on, we're working on a comedy webseries currently, which will feature skits, music and interviews w/celebs (we just did one w/Laurence Harvey of Human Centipede 2). Anyhow, I thought I'd post it here, let me know what you all think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO5vD...re=share<br />
Unread July 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Hey, all, I hope you don't mind me posting this, but we finally decided to put our first short film online. I've been trying to get it in conventions and the time has come to move on, we're working on a comedy webseries currently, which will feature skits, music and interviews w/celebs (we just did one w/Laurence Harvey of Human Centipede 2). Anyhow, I thought I'd post it here, let me know what you all think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO5vDsKOPgM&feature=share
Sorry , watched only 5 minutes of it and clicked off, need better writers or something.....even the opening shot of them walking down the street was obvious a camcorder on a tripod, the way it turned to them. I know I am not professional but, maybe you need more camera practice. Good luck in the futureand and more power to you for trying.
The top Poster!
Unread July 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM

Thanks for your comments, Zoo. It is unfortunate tho that you clicked it off after 5 minutes, afterall, it's only 16. The film was written by a then 16 year old. Yes, the dialogue isn't perfect, I won't deny that, however, we are going for an 80s "campy" feel.

In regards to the comment about the camera movement at the beginning, it's not like that happened thru the whole film. Again, you have to watch more than 5 minutes of it.

Also, this was done on a shoestring budget and we didn't have the money for certain things we would have loved to have, we made do w/what we did have.

Again, thanks for watching.
Unread July 10th, 2012, 09:25 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Thanks for your comments, Zoo. It is unfortunate tho that you clicked it off after 5 minutes, afterall, it's only 16. The film was written by a then 16 year old. Yes, the dialogue isn't perfect, I won't deny that, however, we are going for an 80s "campy" feel.

In regards to the comment about the camera movement at the beginning, it's not like that happened thru the whole film. Again, you have to watch more than 5 minutes of it.

Also, this was done on a shoestring budget and we didn't have the money for certain things we would have loved to have, we made do w/what we did have.

Again, thanks for watching.
I'll try again, maybe I expected to much , knowing how you are breaking into the field. Sometimes I get a little to critical, good luck in the future.
The top Poster!
Unread July 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM
IHBB GOD

hmmmmmmmmmm johnlow 71 gives it a its okay rating. i made it thru it. best of luck.
Unread July 11th, 2012, 03:00 AM

Thanks, guys, yes, this was our first production. I will say also that we didn't actually come on board as producers until after filming was done. While I was watching them edit it reminded me of the 80s horror films and I wanted to produce it. Some of the scenes were actually filmed a year after principle shooting to help w/the story.
Unread July 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM
IHBB GOD

Rather play pong!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread July 13th, 2012, 02:41 AM

Thanks, Hot Head, I expecting nothing but the worst from you.
Unread July 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Rather play pong!!!!!!!!!!!
Your favorite game.............
The top Poster!