I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Movie/Music/TV Talk

Unread May 19th, 2010, 12:43 PM
IHBB Freak

Peacock

A nice little flick that snuck in under my radar. The most obvious comparison would be to Psycho, but Peacock is more towards the drama end of the spectrum, rather than horror.
Cillian Murphy plays a guy who had a mother who fucked him up big time. After her death, he creates an alternate personality, Emma, who takes care of him. "She" gets up, does the laundry, makes breakfast, and disappears promptly at 8:15 every morning.
One day, a train derails and crashes through his backyard, and the neighbors see Emma, and think that it is his wife. Once Emma starts interacting with other people, the two personalities start plotting against each other for dominance. Murphy does a great job with this, and the supporting cast (Ellen Page, Susan Sarandon, Bill Pullman) round things out nicely.
The ending is a bit anti-climatic, but it's still worth a rental.
johnlow71 (May 20th, 2010)
Unread May 19th, 2010, 10:41 PM
IHBB GOD

i love Cillian. he is always fantastic in his roles.

he was good in this one too but this movie was too boring and could've easily been a short film. it was just really frustrating when the movie kept focusing on how screwed up he was by having his character be so opposed to social contact and his female counterpart stirring things up for himself. the concept was beaten to death and just made the movie feel more irritating whilst becoming less interesting.
Unread May 20th, 2010, 07:57 AM
IHBB GOD

it looked like one of those under radars type