I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM

It was about 18 months ago, give or take. Someone I used to work with @ BBV went there and he told me about it.

You're correct that it made no difference. It would be no different than BBV deciding to make the stores clean every square inch of a 10 year old store with bleach. At the end, the dust may be gone but the store will still show it's age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
when did they start this program btw?

every sears i've been to in last 4 monhts has been a complete and utter mess.
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

SPAY AND / OR NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS: Please watch this...
Clicky
Unread September 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
IHBB GOD

Omg, the Messenger of the week was alright but the new guy sucked. You can easily tell his emotion was fake and he was trying to hard. He com his hair backwards >_> with gel, and this time took off his glasses. If this guy thinks he can just sit around and tells us to clean our stores. Hes going to fail big time. The stores look fine. What we need is affortiable way to rent and gain customer. Cleaning is bullcrap like what Meltdown said.
Unread September 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
Haven't seen any mention of this yet. Apologies if someone already has posted.

I'm at work yesterday and I notice a new MOTW that I haven't seen. It's from Doug's replacement, Roger Dunlap. You know it's going to be a fun time when the caption that pops up under him is "Roger Dunlap - Vice President of". Of what? Is that supposed to be foreshadowing or something?

Anyway, the first thing I notice is that this guy is waaaaay too cheerful. I understand about wanting to appear optimisitic... but you might want to dial that down just a little, buddy. It's funny, in mentioning the passing of the torch from Doug to him, he used the word "passion" 4 times in the space of about 30 seconds.

So what does he say? Well amazingly, he talks about how the stores are actually important to the company's future success. Ok. That's good. But then he talks about how we can "wow" customers with things like sparkling clean stores (at this point I looked up at the myriad of missing ceiling tiles), and engaging every customer at the door, on the floor, and so on (guess he hasn't heard about single coverage). In short, he says pretty much what you would expect him to.

A few things did kind of stick out as red flags, though. First, there was absolutely no mention of the current financial state of the company. I understand he doesn't want to come running out screaming gloom and doom, but how do you not even acknowledge that billion dollar elelphant in the room? Second, he says the the outlook of the company is "100% up to us", meaning the employees. Really? Wow, I didn't know I had that kind of power. I guess what the customers want or believe is irrelevant.

One final note... when he introduced himself he said that if you are aware of who he is, you know that he knows a thing or two about the video business (he says this with a rather self-important tone in his voice).
Ummm, given how things worked out for you at Hollywood Video... is that really something to brag about?
Wow. I didn't realize that slimebag Dunlap had jumped over there. I'm so sorry for any BB employees.