I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 30th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
They have nothing left to sell off to post a profit.
Nope, and even the Canadian Stores which are showing an operating profit currently are going to be lost to the studios for money owed because they pledged them as collateral.
Unread March 30th, 2011, 07:37 PM

I'm quaking about the quote about Canada, and the "slated discs for destruction line". We keep getting large trans/destroy requests.... that explains it.

Any news on whether Sony has cut us off? We have almost no product left, and there is nothing on the Open PO showing we're getting more.
Unread March 30th, 2011, 11:10 PM

But I don't understand, so many candle bundles got sold.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 04:56 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
But if you'd just sell a few more, everything would be fine.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 07:01 AM

lol we'd sell more bundles but we haven't gotten but 12 boxes of butter and one box of movie theater butter the whole quarter! We are nearly completely out of the popcorn lol.

on a side not, anyone gotten Tron in yet? I was hoping to watch it today...
Unread March 31st, 2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSmurf View Post
I'm quaking about the quote about Canada, and the "slated discs for destruction line". We keep getting large trans/destroy requests.... that explains it.

Any news on whether Sony has cut us off? We have almost no product left, and there is nothing on the Open PO showing we're getting more.
Definitely not a good sign! In the U.S. the empty pages of the Open ASN is how many SM's found out their store was closing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
Sarcasm duly noted But I must say, in most cases it seems the stores that sold the most candy bundles were the FIRST ones to close. How can that be? It must be some mistake, or maybe they didn't sell them in the Blockbuster Way? If only they had called the customer by name, perhaps the store would have been saved.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 07:12 AM

Anybody see the flurry of objections to Assumption and cure amounts filed with the court yesterday? I wouldn't be surprised if the next 2 days we don't see that number growing exponentially...
Unread March 31st, 2011, 07:51 AM
IHBB Freak

No, Psyc. What happened? Do you mean more landlords are claiming non-payment of rent?
Unread March 31st, 2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy1234 View Post
Definitely not a good sign! In the U.S. the empty pages of the Open ASN is how many SM's found out their store was closing!

Sarcasm duly noted But I must say, in most cases it seems the stores that sold the most candy bundles were the FIRST ones to close. How can that be? It must be some mistake, or maybe they didn't sell them in the Blockbuster Way? If only they had called the customer by name, perhaps the store would have been saved.
Strangely, the open Po has like 50 pages, but most of it shows old Pepsi and candy orders, and NRs. Not much sell thru listed. I totally get how you guys feel.... this uncertainty is very stressful. I'm a worry wart anyway, so of course I'm really worried now! I love my job... and I'd like to keep it. Has there been any word on how the auction will affect the Cdn operations?
Unread March 31st, 2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruka_Salt View Post
No, Psyc. What happened? Do you mean more landlords are claiming non-payment of rent?
Landlords and vendors are claiming the cure amounts are way off and landlords of shopping center locations are objecting to Assumption unless firm guarantees are in place that the buyer won't substantially change the usage of the rental/retail space. There's already 2 this morning (last I checked) that are new. Ice Mountain is saying that BBI owes over $150k while BBI claims they only owe $70k
The Following User Says Thank You to psycoma For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (March 31st, 2011)