I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM

Just keep selling?

My boss had a talk with me and has finally explained to me that the reason they are pushing passes is so they don't have to make as much money to hit budget. But it's really hard to sell passes when your totally out of very movie every day. I also heard one of our guys is to be a dish rep anyone heard when they are rolling this out?
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkusAurelias For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (February 28th, 2012)
Unread February 27th, 2012, 07:47 PM
IHBB GOD

From the latest email...
As of the beginning of "Q-2" all current Blockbuster employees will become "DISH Team Members". All employees with 1-year tenure shall receive a 10% increase in their hourly pay. All members of management shall receive DISH Stock Options in addition to the 10% increase. Other changes will be made including a "more casual uniform policy...i.e.JEANS!!!" and UNLIMITED FREE RENTALS for "Team Members" that average 18+ hours over a 13 week period.

MORE TO COME!!!
Unread February 28th, 2012, 02:31 AM
IHBB GOD

you better not be foolin me kaw?
Unread February 28th, 2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
From the latest email...
As of the beginning of "Q-2" all current Blockbuster employees will become "DISH Team Members". All employees with 1-year tenure shall receive a 10% increase in their hourly pay. All members of management shall receive DISH Stock Options in addition to the 10% increase. Other changes will be made including a "more casual uniform policy...i.e.JEANS!!!" and UNLIMITED FREE RENTALS for "Team Members" that average 18+ hours over a 13 week period.

MORE TO COME!!!
When Dish took it last year... they were supposed to do performance reviews and then pay increases based on that... so pardon me if I have some disbelief that they will just give people an automatic 10% increase in pay not to mention stock for management. Casual uniform policy would be a lot better though... no sense in the damn khaki pants all the time, jeans do make more sense with all that we do. Unlimited rentals is great but would be better if the prestreets were available to get before they come out but with local buys eh not as great. I hope it's true that they are going to do this... after so many years of no raises it's only right but they should do a little more for ones who have been there for multiple years not just a straight 10% since they were loyal and stuck it out without ANY type of increase.
Glass Half Empty (February 28th, 2012)
Unread February 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedangel View Post
When Dish took it last year... they were supposed to do performance reviews and then pay increases based on that... so pardon me if I have some disbelief that they will just give people an automatic 10% increase in pay not to mention stock for management. Casual uniform policy would be a lot better though... no sense in the damn khaki pants all the time, jeans do make more sense with all that we do. Unlimited rentals is great but would be better if the prestreets were available to get before they come out but with local buys eh not as great. I hope it's true that they are going to do this... after so many years of no raises it's only right but they should do a little more for ones who have been there for multiple years not just a straight 10% since they were loyal and stuck it out without ANY type of increase.
Too little too late for us....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (February 28th, 2012), inkedangel (February 28th, 2012)
Unread February 28th, 2012, 01:12 PM

I agree... even though I couldn't be there, my store shut it's doors day before yesterday.
Unread February 28th, 2012, 11:20 PM
IHBB GOD

"DISH TEAM MEMBERS shall enjoy the benefit of a "more relaxed dress code" in addition to the more lenient policy of the previous rental policy. Our desire is to have a team that is fully aware of the product that we offer, and for them to understand our appreciation for the duties that they perform. While the monetary increase is important to some, our focus shall be on cultivating those Team Members that wish to grow within the DISH Family."
Unread February 29th, 2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
"While the monetary increase is important to some, our focus shall be on cultivating those Team Members that wish to grow within the DISH Family."
That sounds all nice and all on paper, but how would they be "cultivating" people when stores are closing left and right?
I guess we'll just have to wait and see when they start rolling in all the dish stuff into the store...
The Following User Says Thank You to MaximusX7 For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (February 29th, 2012)
Unread February 29th, 2012, 07:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
"DISH TEAM MEMBERS shall enjoy the benefit of a "more relaxed dress code" in addition to the more lenient policy of the previous rental policy. Our desire is to have a team that is fully aware of the product that we offer, and for them to understand our appreciation for the duties that they perform. While the monetary increase is important to some, our focus shall be on cultivating those Team Members that wish to grow within the DISH Family."
How can they grow when they keep cutting down the stores? I think dish is selling a bunch of shit....
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 9th, 2012), inkedangel (February 29th, 2012)
Unread February 29th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
How can they grow when they keep cutting down the stores? I think dish is selling a bunch of shit....
I can understand the other idiots falling for his made up sarcasm, but you too? You are getting too old Zoo!

I actually found his original post his best ever. Actually thought it was entertaining. And then to see everyone start to believe what he said put it over the top. Just thought a few of you were more intellectual than that and could see that he was just being sarcastic. I guess I can understand you not being able to imagine that Kaw could actually be that clever though!