I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 9th, 2011, 07:40 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthor View Post
** Purchase/Re-activate active Blockbuster Inc. giftcard accounts. Re-instate the giftcard program.

I'm actually surprised the number of people who keep coming in every week with their giftcards wondering if we can take them yet. I keep telling them we still can't take them but we may be able to eventually.
I'm sure they want to use them asap because they suspect, as any reasonable person might, that they will soon be useless if not already.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 08:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Luckily it's only a handful of customers but still it's a bad first impression of the new ownership. Even if they did reactivate, I doubt all of them would be redeemed.
I bet your right. Its best to start fresh, so many people are just throwing them away because they feel they will never be used again.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
** Purchase/Re-activate active Blockbuster Inc. giftcard accounts. Re-instate the giftcard program.

I'm actually surprised the number of people who keep coming in every week with their giftcards wondering if we can take them yet. I keep telling them we still can't take them but we may be able to eventually.
I surprised that you have customers that either bought or were given them.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 08:48 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
I surprised that you have customers that either bought or were given them.
Reserve a game today and get a worthless 5 dollar gift Card...sounds winning to me

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 21st, 2011)
Unread May 9th, 2011, 08:48 AM

Brooklyn Bankruptcy Attorney | Brooklyn Bankruptcy Lawyer

Bankrupcy, Lawyer, Brooklyn, Bankruptcy, lawyer chapter 13 , lawyer chapter 7
We are a Brooklyn Bankruptcy Law Firm. Our professional staff of attorneys help our clients obtain financial relief through Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy code. With our convenient location in Brooklyn, New York we will provide a professional, timely, and cost effective solution to all your financial problems. Call us today for a free and informative consultation.
http://www.bankruptcybrooklyn.com/
Unread May 9th, 2011, 08:53 AM

I can't believe, after reading most of the threads on this forum, exactly how different my experience as an employee for a franchise store was than the experience of corporate employees. We didn't have stupid sales goals, none of that "make the day" stuff, no candy bundles, none of it. We were there to talk about movies and have fun with the customers and that was it. We always had tons of obscure films, anime, and foreign movies, along with a decent number of new releases.

On the rare occasion that we had a goal to meet, it was usually something fun and worthwhile like a 20$ rental card, good for 8 free rentals, or something like that. My boss and I had the freedom that we needed to move things around so that they would sell well, and basically whatever we wanted to the store. I was allowed to put movies on our big TVs to get customers excited about... well... movies, the very thing we were there for.

I thought about applying at a local corporate store after my whole franchise went bust, but there's no way I could / would work under the conditions that BB corporate impose onto all of you. It's stupid and they will soon be out of business because of a lack of listening to employees and because of a lack of ability to change.

Whenever I would tell my franchise's CEO / Vice presidents about the crap you guys had to go through (Yep, we were all on a friendly level with our corporate HQ. Hell, I have one of our old vice presidents and the head of HR on my facebook), they were always shocked and appalled at what you guys were forced to go through.

Several months before we went out of business, the vice president of my franchise even called me to inform me that I needed to look for another job and although he couldn't give me an exact closing date, the end was near and he would do anything in his power to ensure that I was picked up for unemployment and that my heath insurance was covered for as long as possible beyond the closing date.

This, my friends, is how a business should be run. After reading this forum, I don't understand how my franchise could have failed so quickly, yet BB corporate still seems to be in business, despite the way it treats its employees and customers. My customers always told me how much they loved coming into my store over the corporate ones, because we never pressured them into anything.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelePizza View Post
I can't believe, after reading most of the threads on this forum, exactly how different my experience as an employee for a franchise store was than the experience of corporate employees. We didn't have stupid sales goals, none of that "make the day" stuff, no candy bundles, none of it. We were there to talk about movies and have fun with the customers and that was it. We always had tons of obscure films, anime, and foreign movies, along with a decent number of new releases.

On the rare occasion that we had a goal to meet, it was usually something fun and worthwhile like a 20$ rental card, good for 8 free rentals, or something like that. My boss and I had the freedom that we needed to move things around so that they would sell well, and basically whatever we wanted to the store. I was allowed to put movies on our big TVs to get customers excited about... well... movies, the very thing we were there for.

I thought about applying at a local corporate store after my whole franchise went bust, but there's no way I could / would work under the conditions that BB corporate impose onto all of you. It's stupid and they will soon be out of business because of a lack of listening to employees and because of a lack of ability to change.

Whenever I would tell my franchise's CEO / Vice presidents about the crap you guys had to go through (Yep, we were all on a friendly level with our corporate HQ. Hell, I have one of our old vice presidents and the head of HR on my facebook), they were always shocked and appalled at what you guys were forced to go through.

Several months before we went out of business, the vice president of my franchise even called me to inform me that I needed to look for another job and although he couldn't give me an exact closing date, the end was near and he would do anything in his power to ensure that I was picked up for unemployment and that my heath insurance was covered for as long as possible beyond the closing date.

This, my friends, is how a business should be run. After reading this forum, I don't understand how my franchise could have failed so quickly, yet BB corporate still seems to be in business, despite the way it treats its employees and customers. My customers always told me how much they loved coming into my store over the corporate ones, because we never pressured them into anything.
Its the players involved not the game....

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelePizza View Post

So what you are saying is that your franchise store was so well run, so much better than corporate stores, that you and that wonderful corporate staff just ran it into the ground, just in a different way?

Don't get me wrong. I certainly haven't agreed with everything corporate has done and the ideas that they have had. However, I find it quite funny that you attack how poorly the corporate stores have been run with evidence from a closed franchise that is out of business. It is like comparing the deaths of two different people and how they died. The point is they are both dead which makes how the died rather dumb to debate.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBStoreMgr112233 For This Useful Post:
DeDampkring (May 9th, 2011)
Unread May 9th, 2011, 09:30 AM
IHBB Freak

I was surprised when I saw my family yesterday when they told me they canceled their movie pass. They've had it for over 5 years. Why you ask? No new releases. He gets the newer stuff at a mom and pop shop now. The same mom and pop shop that had a hard time when BBV showed up.
I also told my parents to download the redbox app and where the 24 hr ones were.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
I was surprised when I saw my family yesterday when they told me they canceled their movie pass. They've had it for over 5 years. Why you ask? No new releases. He gets the newer stuff at a mom and pop shop now. The same mom and pop shop that had a hard time when BBV showed up.
I also told my parents to download the redbox app and where the 24 hr ones were.
Now you can help the mom and pop shop go into bankruptcy