I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 28th, 2011, 03:48 AM
IHBB Freak

Exclamation Store #92588, Brunswick, GA closes March 13th

I recently went in and found out that my old store is closing. This is only noteworthy because for one, it was the last man standing, aside from a couple of mom and pop places. For another, our sister store on St. Simons Island is still open, and their plaza recently liquidated to an out-of-state buyer due to bad debt.

I'm probably going to pop by to see what's on clearance once my tax check clears. But it seems so weird to know it's closing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost of AtlanticVamp For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (January 28th, 2011)
Unread January 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM
IHBB GOD

damn, thats going to bring back memories to you
Unread January 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM

Screw clearance sales... I just wait til the last day to rent and rent about 10 movies... thats the best deal you can get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bEZ For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (January 29th, 2011), Hot Head (January 28th, 2011)
Unread January 29th, 2011, 04:12 AM
IHBB Freak

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEZ View Post
Screw clearance sales... I just wait til the last day to rent and rent about 10 movies... thats the best deal you can get.
But don't they report you to a credit agency? (Not that I'm not thinking about it!)
Unread January 29th, 2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post
But don't they report you to a credit agency? (Not that I'm not thinking about it!)
Yeah they report you and send collections after you. Six months after Movie Gallery closed, I now have customer coming into my store with collections from Movie Gallery for late fees and sold movie fees for ones that weren't brought back. Like I can fix that. I told them file a dispute to have them prove that you rented it. All paperwork from customers were dumped when we closed. Liquidators only came in and took the server hd to send in, so there is no paper trail.
Unread January 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post
There's not even enough time for that to happen... If you rent on the last day, the stores only there for another 1-2 months... once they take out the computers all balances are wiped out.
Unread January 29th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEZ View Post
There's not even enough time for that to happen... If you rent on the last day, the stores only there for another 1-2 months... once they take out the computers all balances are wiped out.
I doubt it. I would be willing to bet all customer information is transfered. They aren't going to miss out on a chance to collect revenue. Server hard drives would be sent off and all information would be pulled and sent to collection agencies.
Unread January 29th, 2011, 09:35 PM

BBV doesn't have your SS number, only your address to tie your name and that address to a "soft" credit report that electric companies, phone companies and cable co's etc. look at.

If you are really thinking about doing that just have them take your CC off file, pay with cash and tell them your new address is 1234 Main Street. Not that I endorse that kind of behavior but there you go.
Unread January 29th, 2011, 11:07 PM
IHBB GOD

i specifically remember helping close nearby stores and being told that their balances from the closing stores were wiped out.

=3
Unread January 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
I doubt it. I would be willing to bet all customer information is transfered. They aren't going to miss out on a chance to collect revenue. Server hard drives would be sent off and all information would be pulled and sent to collection agencies.
This is not a theory of mine... it's a fact. I've closed 4 stores... and rented from others that were closing. Balances, no matter how big, are cleared when the store closes.