I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread April 18th, 2010, 07:59 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
Shhhh. You weren't supposed to say that. Now, Colin Farrell just threw a hissy fit in his dressing room.
No, no no! Colin Farrell and I are lovers!...whoops, I guess the cat's out of the bag, now.

By the way, the "Bullseye" may not be the last resort. I have two weeks until I start there and have other interviews in the meantime. So, we'll see.
Unread April 18th, 2010, 04:50 PM
IHBB GOD

i've interviewed with Target myself a few times and both times was left waiting over an hour and a half for the managerial interview. the way their interviews are set up are a bit screwy, even compared to Blockbuster's overzealous, insignificant format.

but hey! they're a good company. if you've done it at a Blockbuster for all these years, there's nothing at a Target you can't handle =D

good luck!
Unread April 18th, 2010, 06:17 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
i've interviewed with Target myself a few times and both times was left waiting over an hour and a half for the managerial interview. the way their interviews are set up are a bit screwy, even compared to Blockbuster's overzealous, insignificant format.

but hey! they're a good company. if you've done it at a Blockbuster for all these years, there's nothing at a Target you can't handle =D

good luck!
OH. MY. GOD. I talked to three different people for that interview! Plus waiting upwards of half an hour between the segments. Weird. Guess it wasn't just me.
Unread April 18th, 2010, 11:07 PM
IHBB GOD

haha the first time, i thought i was just unlucky that day but i applied at a different location and pretty much went through the exact same scenario. i picked up the little red phone a few times, went to the customer service counter and even talked to the starbucks guys (who were actually the MOST helpful) before i was able to track one of the assistant managers.

the awesome thing about Target SMs is that they can be assholish dicks all they want and avoid interviews without remorse. a SM at Target starts off in the $100,000 range, no joke.

if you happen to get a position as an assistant manager, apparently they pay well but be prepared for some LONG days and crazy hours.
Unread April 19th, 2010, 08:43 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
haha the first time, i thought i was just unlucky that day but i applied at a different location and pretty much went through the exact same scenario. i picked up the little red phone a few times, went to the customer service counter and even talked to the starbucks guys (who were actually the MOST helpful) before i was able to track one of the assistant managers.

the awesome thing about Target SMs is that they can be assholish dicks all they want and avoid interviews without remorse. a SM at Target starts off in the $100,000 range, no joke.

if you happen to get a position as an assistant manager, apparently they pay well but be prepared for some LONG days and crazy hours.
I actually applied for the front end. I'm kinda burnt out.
Unread April 19th, 2010, 04:07 PM
IHBB Freak

I really am sorry, Ghost. I know how you feel.

I've had similar problems with my b/f recently.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.