I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM

No more stores in Montgomery County, Maryland... There were probably 20 when I started in 2005.
Unread December 23rd, 2011, 07:49 PM

two stores around my place are closing, but a smaller store is opening between both of the closing stores, so technically i guess you could say they are moving to another location.
Unread December 23rd, 2011, 08:20 PM

Yeah theyre saying a moving sale so it doesnt scare off customers or some nonsense PR excuse. The store is closing, the things inside the store are no longer going to be there and are going on sale, its a SALE/Liquidation. Blockbuster/Dish whatever it is called now, has really made a fool out of itself. Dish lied about liking the stores and should have just gotten rid of them if they just wanted to stream.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Breathe 09 For This Useful Post:
D Money (December 24th, 2011)
Unread December 24th, 2011, 05:18 AM
IHBB Freak

I thought one of the selling points of the pass was the convenient in store exchange. If that was how it was pushed, then they better be offering refunds.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
D Money (December 24th, 2011)
Unread December 24th, 2011, 07:36 AM

Starting my 2nd Tour of BBV Closing Store duty. Will be easier this time around having gone through it before. Gonna miss the customers, a couple employees, and the random MILFs and other various eye candy. Not surprised about the closings, just feel for the employees that have
families and what-not to support. Nice Christmas gift for us
to get notice our store is closing in Jan lol.. Oh well, at
least the 4 weeks of closing go by fast..

To all the remaining stores out there..you're next!

Last edited by D Money; December 24th, 2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: finished post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D Money For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (December 24th, 2011), inkedangel (December 24th, 2011), yodavsjason (December 24th, 2011)
Unread December 24th, 2011, 09:34 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
I thought one of the selling points of the pass was the convenient in store exchange. If that was how it was pushed, then they better be offering refunds.
No, its monthly. Only if they started reasonably early within the month.

Dish really believed they could make Blockbuster the HOTTEST video store on the block but unfortunately many locations weren’t able to maximize the customer input. Or the store was just too much in debt.

Now some argue that if 80% of the company is profit and 20%, which the other 80% can bail out the lower 20%. It just to keep stores around and show were doing good. I don’t know if the method works anymore in this economy.
Unread December 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
No, its monthly. Only if they started reasonably early within the month.

Dish really believed they could make Blockbuster the HOTTEST video store on the block but unfortunately many locations weren’t able to maximize the customer input. Or the store was just too much in debt.

Now some argue that if 80% of the company is profit and 20%, which the other 80% can bail out the lower 20%. It just to keep stores around and show were doing good. I don’t know if the method works anymore in this economy.
Don't fool yourself..that method CAN work. But when you have a company where the top corporate employees take the majority of the profits as a "bonus" then it's not going to work at the expense of the working class. IF this was a company like Costco or some other company where they limit how much the CEO on down can make and funnel the profits back to the stores/employees then it would work just fine. There's money to keep the stores open...they are just pocketing it and saying FU to the staff that made the money to line their pockets.
Unread December 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM

I honestly believe Dish did more than the old Blockbuster did in the last few years. Dish spent millions to get the crowds back in the stores and offered a lot of deals that helped drive more traffic, but ultimately it did not work and Dish is bigger than just a bunch of video stores as everyone knows so it makes no sense for them to continue operating negative stores. Is never a good time to close stores and for people to be out of a job, and seeing the many people who depend on this job to support or help support themselves and their families is really a sad thing to see. I wish i could help all these hard working people, but the best i can do is wish them luck and keep in touch just in case i come across something where i or someone i know can offer them a job. Happy holidays to everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to incaroca For This Useful Post:
D Money (December 26th, 2011)
Unread December 24th, 2011, 11:57 AM
IHBB Freak

Under performing stores should probably closed, especially if changing the management has already been attempted.

But when a store posted, on average, a 5 digit profit on each SPR, I don't see how closing it is good business sense. Of course, I kind of doubt there are many stores out there with those kinds of numbers, so...

Anyway, one store in my district (so far) got its walking papers.
inkedangel (December 24th, 2011)
Unread December 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Didn't those of us who had already crossed over tell you over and over again to leave? I hope you're not surprised, angry, or expecting sympathy.

LEAVE. PLEASE. You are better than this. You will find better than this...ANYWHERE. It is EASY. You won't BELIEVE how easy it is. Just LEAVE. Scheduled today or tomorrow? Don't show up. JUST LEAVE.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
yodavsjason (December 24th, 2011)