I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 12th, 2010, 08:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to rob_zombie
Post Why did you refuse a new customer sign up?

I'm starting this thread with my own experience;

My manager starts off signing up a lady who is illiterate and requests my manager fills in the form on her behalf (fair enough) she has a slight irish accent (in the midlands this isn't very common) anyhow she gets signed up without a bit of a eye lid

A gentlemen approaches me after my manager signed up this lady and "Claims that lady to be his sister" and wants to join also.

I tell him what he needs and he pulls out a debit card, i push a membership form infront of him and he too complains he cant fill in the form and suggested i should do it (of which i refused) so he calls his "so called" sister to the counter and asks her to fill it in (which she managed? are you with me so far?)

I over hear her ask "HER BROTHER" how to spell his surname? (WTF? your brother? and you dont know how to spell his surname)

I waited for them to complete the form only to find the address was for a caravan park not local to us (ALARM BELLS RINGING IN MY HEAD)

so i do a postcode search on the computer to see if they joined elsewhere and BING BING BING they have 3 accounts under different names listed at the same address owing the company over £150 in bad debt!

GOT YOU i refused giving them any product and they went home with the blockbuster customer service number

Last edited by rob_zombie; January 12th, 2010 at 08:46 AM.
Unread January 12th, 2010, 06:46 PM
IHBB Freak

hellyeah,

If a customer already has an account after I type in their drivers license number i pull it up and thats their account.
Unread January 12th, 2010, 06:55 PM

We had a lady come up with 4 360 games and no account. I don't remember the details, but I remember eventually finding an account of hers and using her license number and ICV (this was before the license numbers were X'd out) to find that she had about 10 other accounts, with almost all of them blocked because of balances or too many rentals out.
Unread January 13th, 2010, 09:21 AM

Yeah...if i see a customer has multiple accounts, and even one of them is blocked then i use the blocked one as their valid account....
Unread January 14th, 2010, 09:33 AM

The only question I have is why you guys don't fill out applications on a normal basis. Maybe it's only my store, but we fill it out at all times. That way nothing will be misread plus the soon to be member doesn't know to not put their card number down on the paper (which our DM tells us is a no-no).
Unread January 14th, 2010, 11:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to rob_zombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by whothehelldoyouthinkiam View Post
The only question I have is why you guys don't fill out applications on a normal basis. Maybe it's only my store, but we fill it out at all times. That way nothing will be misread plus the soon to be member doesn't know to not put their card number down on the paper (which our DM tells us is a no-no).
because its a rental agreement between Blockbuster and the customer, so ideally its the customer that fills it out as its the customer that is "agreeing" with the contracts terms and conditions.
Unread January 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_zombie View Post
because its a rental agreement between Blockbuster and the customer, so ideally its the customer that fills it out as its the customer that is "agreeing" with the contracts terms and conditions.
Exactly! That's the reason they're not allowed to take them out of the store, it's a legally binding contract. If you fill the stuff out then they can't hold them responsible for the agreement, like that we're not responsible for overdraft fees and what not

You should be telling people about the terms and conditions, lay out of your store, hours, and management as they are filling it out, or as you're typing it into customer maintenance...There shouldn't be just "Fill this out." "Thanks, here's you're card."
Unread January 15th, 2010, 11:55 AM
IHBB GOD

doesnt matter, they have to sign it

you dont fill out your mortgage papers either, you just sign them
Unread January 15th, 2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen
doesnt matter, they have to sign it

you dont fill out your mortgage papers either, you just sign them
You still have to read them O_O I sincerely hope you read your mortgage contract before you signed it.

I'm just saying not letting people read the stuff is bad news...Then they really can claim ignorance, like so many do with this 17 day thing now. "Oh I was never told" and if someone updated their account, but didn't put a terms update warning...well...
Unread January 15th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Well nothing on the form really tells of the new and constantly updated policy or returns and what not, which is where we tell them everything. It's not like we are filling everything out and holding our hands over everything except the place they sign saying "no peeksies!" If they are too ignorant to read and make sure I filled crap out right that's their problem, and like I stated, we are told that WE have to fill them out.

But to the actual topic of this thread, I think anyone sensible enough wouldn't sign up a new account for someone that has a few that are blocked, but then again there are so many people out there with zero common sense.