I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Blockbuster gone Netflix going up

Now that Blockbuster is almost gone Netflis is going up smh

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/17...-by-60-percent
Unread July 13th, 2011, 11:22 AM

You want to read hate? Go to the Netflix page on Facebook and read the comments on the post where they announced this. Man- and I thought Blockbuster customers were an angry bunch- I was wrong.
Unread July 13th, 2011, 12:07 PM

A bunch of people are going to be pissed about this but I think netflix has a over all plan that will still beat the rest in the end.

I bet that there working on throwing more money at the studios to allow them to stream more content and offer more such as 3D movies and more studios,

If netflix had newer movies before the 28 day window and where able to stream them then Blockbuster would be no more ....

Who would care about a few dollar increase when it's still cheaper then Blockbuster.

I don't know why Blockbuster is using this netflix price increase as away to rub it in because more then likely it will just bite them back
Unread July 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyGuy View Post
I bet that there working on throwing more money at the studios to allow them to stream more content and offer more such as 3D movies and more studios,
Sounds like cart before the horse. Better to throw some money at the studios first and increase availability of streaming and then raise costs.

That way customers would know you understand the issue and are working to give them what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyGuy View Post
Who would care about a few dollar increase when it's still cheaper then Blockbuster.

I don't know why Blockbuster is using this netflix price increase as away to rub it in because more then likely it will just bite them back
Agreed. My subscription is going up a whopping two dollars. The only people who are getting a steep hike or those with low plans and streaming 24/7.
Unread July 13th, 2011, 12:23 PM

Agreed but maybe they want to do this without Blockbuster or any other movie rental company knowing so they don't get in the way!
Unread July 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM
IHBB GOD

But you have to pay for 2 plans which makes it kinda high

$7.99 + $7.99= $15.98

Like other says, its not that bad but people that started Netflix early are going to get crap on. Its not fair.
Unread July 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
But you have to pay for 2 plans which makes it kinda high

$7.99 + $7.99= $15.98

Like other says, its not that bad but people that started Netflix early are going to get crap on. Its not fair.
Wow I didn't realize it was going to be that I thought It was just going up two dollars. That's steep they better be doing new movies right away at that price
Unread July 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM

I have streaming and 1 out at a time- so I go from paying 9.99/month to 15.98/ month? Since I am slower than slow about watching the dvd they send me makes since for me to get rid of that part.
Unread July 13th, 2011, 06:12 PM

I have a feeling that the new pricing may more accurately reflect what it actually costs Netflix to offer the service that they do.

Licensing rights for streaming and the purchasing costs for DVD/Blu Ray are super-expensive, not to mention the other overheads of doing business.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Redbox also increase their prices. Loss leading cannot continue forever.

I also feel that part of the resentment for Netflix right now stems from the fact that customers are starting to realise that their decision to turn their back on one company - Blockbuster, in this case - and completely embrace their competition is not going to pan out the way they had hoped.

In the end, they will end up paying the same price, but with poorer selection and audio/visual quality (streaming vs. DVD/Blu Ray) and/or having to wait for the mail to arrive (as opposed to walking into a rental store to pick it up now).
Unread July 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM
IHBB Freak

Yes, if you have a lower-priced membership then it's going to be quite a hike. My membership is 4 at a time and is going up $2 with unlimited rentals and streaming to about $31/month. Personally, I don't think $16 a month for unlimited rentals and streaming is so bad but I know it's all relative and subjective. Compared to cable, it's a steal.