I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 17th, 2006, 08:39 AM

Blockbuster Total Access

Anybody else think that this is the final straw that will break the camels back? How in God's green earth does corporate think this will make money?!?!?!
Unread October 17th, 2006, 09:04 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
Anybody else think that this is the final straw that will break the camels back? How in God's green earth does corporate think this will make money?!?!?!
For those of us that jumped ship: Explain please?
Unread October 17th, 2006, 09:13 AM

It's already been heavily discussed in the "Important online information" thread.

1. Customer brings online movies to store
2. We give free rentals for each movie
3. We mail the movies back and their queue sends off the next batch
Unread October 17th, 2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Because of this people will go to online more then the store is your line of thinking right?

1. The bring back the movie, we ship there movie being immediatly (which is faster then mailing it for them).

2. They get a free movie to rent, go around and look for more. We get a dollar or something per coupon.

3. Since they're at the store they'll be like well you know what? Why won't I get another, percentage wise the majority of people will be getting more then one movie which will make us money and because of so many people coming in then before we will make even more money.

Thus money for blockbuster, making your TNR, and getting your "Bonus".
Unread October 17th, 2006, 10:38 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via Yahoo to URBAN_COWBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suli View Post
3. Since they're at the store they'll be like well you know what? Why won't I get another, percentage wise the majority of people will be getting more then one movie which will make us money and because of so many people coming in then before we will make even more money.

Wow, the kool-aid is being served again. This is the same thing they said about the Movie Pass. Hey, your customers who spend $60 a month on movies are now only going to pay $30 a month. But don't worry, they will spend more on PRP, new DVD's and confection. It didn't happen. They got to rent the same amount of movies, or more, for half of what they were spending before. They didn't buy the confection, they didn't buy the PRP. They came in, exchanged their movies and left.

What color is they sky in your world?

"Girl, you're making me harder than chinese algebra."-Craig Shoemaker

Cowboy, I'm all yours Always have been, always will! -WrongHeaven

Royal Executioner
Unread October 17th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Because of this people will go to online more then the store is your line of thinking right?

1. The bring back the movie, we ship there movie being immediatly (which is faster then mailing it for them).

2. They get a free movie to rent, go around and look for more. We get a dollar or something per coupon.

Actually no. I have no idea how this will make money for us... the revenue per movie will go down. If we only get one dollar or $2 per coupon instead of the normal 4.29, then we will lose money. Blockbuster is scarifing all their assets to put the hurt on netflixs. If you included the $19 of revenue from the online per month, would we still recover the costs? What about the people who are not online customers, now the lastest movies are checked out; so they get pissed...and telling them the best way to get the newest movies is to pay $19 a month for a membership is not the smartest idea. With ondemand and downloading movies over the internet(vonage)...its only time...
Unread October 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Oh, thank God that we got yet ANOTHER thread on this, otherwise, we might never have gotten this little gem:

Quote:
Please explain how the laws of physics differ on your kool-aid-laden world, where putting the movies in the mailbox tomorrow morning yourself is going to get them back to dist QUICKER than the customer dropping them today.

Hell, now Antivideo has you believing in magic wormholes. Well, why not?? I mean, we're talking about the same people that think you can make a profit on all of this at $20 a month, and that handing out free online trials like tic tacs at a bad breath convention isn't going to put your stores out of business.

I can't wait to see the next "big idea" that they try to convince you will work

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread October 17th, 2006, 12:52 PM

$17.99 not $20.00

I haven't heard that they will be raising prices, so keep in mind that customers get all of this for $18!!!
Unread October 17th, 2006, 01:12 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I haven't heard that they will be raising prices, so keep in mind that customers get all of this for $18!!!
Well, I wasn't entirely sure what they were charging(perhaps $18 is an introductory rate), so I erred on the side of caution and rounded up. (Cause all I need is some Kool-aid sipper telling me that the TWO WHOLE DOLLARS MORE they get from a customer is going to SAVE THE COMPANY (yep, religious zealots tend to shout a lot )

And did you guys lower the in-store MP?? I could swear it was $28, and I saw it today for $25

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread October 17th, 2006, 01:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to cakenicing4u
MP price depends on your store. My old store it was 28 and my new one it's 25