I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 19th, 2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphabalives View Post
Two questions that hopefully someone here can answer, as I don't want to spend all day on the phone with India.

1. At my borrowed store we use the NM for nonmember account (as opposed to my home store's Jane/John Doe accts). When you ring something up, and hit total, it won't allow you to untotal. It also will not allow you to clear the NM account if there's a balance on it. So essentially, you're screwed if you need to do a credit or ring more stuff up. You have to go to another station and use restart locked station. Any suggestions?
as far as I can remember, the only time that you couldn't go back into NM after hitting total was if you'd hit some sort of tender, like CARD or VISA or whatnot. But just hitting total and then hitting it again should work on NM. Half the time we had to do that anyway during PRP and bundle sales because if you don't total after each set, the system takes off the wrong amount and you don't get proper credit (example, if you sell 2 $3 bundles but don't ring up one, hit total, hit total again and ring up the other one, it'll not only take off the wrong 'coupon' amount, but it'll also track incorrectly for what type of bundle you actually sold. you'll either get tracked for 1 $5 bundle or 1 2/$2 popcorn bundle, depending on what the system feels like recognizing first)

If you're not able to go back into NM after hitting total but NOT tendering anything, that's definitely an India call.

As for quick resolution (get the customer rung up and out the door and worry about getting the system reset later), go to a free terminal, type in DEACT and the NM account number. it'll ask for confirmation (i think) and mgr numbers (i think) but then you can bring the account up and make any necessary changes on the new terminal without holding up the customer any longer than necessary. Once you're done with the transaction, you can then go about resetting the initial terminal. Obviously since this in effect makes use of 2 different terminals (and ties them up for one customer) you want to try to do this only during non busy times unless you're confident that you can get the transaction done quickly on the second terminal and get back to ringing up other customers.

apologies if this has already been addressed by someone else, i haven't read the last couple pages of the thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psycoma For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 20th, 2011), lucky me (April 20th, 2011)
Unread April 21st, 2011, 09:49 AM

Thank You for your time here with all of us blockbuster482. I know it's impossible to fight the man.But you did what you could for us. My quality of life has improved so much since I got my ass rapeing. I say jump ship now to everybody left. Why help make money for people who really could give a shit less about their employees. I have never seen so many amazing people treated so badly. They will use any tiny silly reason to get rid everybody. Aren't there laws? The fact that evil fucks like k.l. get to stay to clean house, but great helpful people like you are gone. He must be able to smoke an amazing pole!! I say good riddance Blockbuster, We are all better off without you.
Unread April 27th, 2011, 03:48 PM
IHBB Freak

You know I'm wondering if 482 can continue using this identity. Was is an initiative of corporate or something he did on his own time?
The Following User Says Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 27th, 2011)
Unread April 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
You know I'm wondering if 482 can continue using this identity. Was is an initiative of corporate or something he did on his own time?
own time i believe.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread April 28th, 2011, 06:29 AM

Yeah I don't think he's coming back.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
Unread April 28th, 2011, 09:42 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockbusterLuvsU View Post
Yeah I don't think he's coming back.
<< Mom frowns >>
Unread April 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM

Maybe hes in the mist of some job offers that he has on the table.
Unread April 28th, 2011, 10:01 AM
IHBB GOD

Why should he come back, his job is done here....
The top Poster!
Unread April 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Why should he come back, his job is done here....
Because we're all so God-damned lovable!
Unread April 28th, 2011, 06:42 PM

Hello everyone...I have been enjoying some much, much needed time off. I did manage to go home to Arkansas right in the middle of Tornado week...but the family all made it through.

So BBV update and answer few questions.

1. Did this on my own time, but I also did it why I was at work. Generally when I needed a break from spreadsheets and BS.

2. Vacation? BBV is yet to pay me for my vacation or decide if I will in fact get a severance package...kind of sucks and makes me angry at some very rich folks.

3. Got a meeting this weekend with a BBV person at which time I will decide if I should come back in a different role or move on. To be honest I have not decided yet.

4. Dish Network Interviews...my coworkers said they would have really like me because they believe like I do that we can only fix the company from people like yourself.

5. Why did I get laid off? Well if I elect to move on I will give you the entire story, but I do think it is cool when you can make a CEO so uncomfortable in a Townhall meeting that he makes sure you are on the list.

6. View on the stores with Dish still has not changed. Look for expansion in about 90 days. I predict they will close 400 more locations, but open up about 1000. Look for GM stuff to exit your stores as that entire team was let go.

7. Reason I never posted my name on the board before was I didn't want to be a victim of the famous prank calls and emails people on this board are known for...anyone that ever PM me always got my name.

Well thanks for letting me chat with you. I will keep you posted on how things go. I am looking for anyone who meets the follow conditions to send me a PM.

1. You were laid off and did not receive your promised retention bonus.
2. You were laid off and did not receive your PTO
3. You went on FMLA(Maternity leave, etc) and returned only to be let go, or received demotion afterwards..

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 28th, 2011), abhorrent scowl (April 29th, 2011), store_closer (April 29th, 2011)