I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 4th, 2011, 01:00 AM

I have no room for complaints really BBV has done nothing but impressed me the last few days I have worked there!!

1. I actually get to interact with customers now instead of just trying to just push sales on the customers. I still ask the customers if they want "movie snacks" but good thing its not forced upon me to sell it.

2. We lower our prices!! And giving customers a free rental everyday this month.

3. We put a lot of the crap that was not selling (mp3 players, posters, books, electronics) in out store on clearence and it looks like that stuff is not coming back thank god!!

4. A lot of movies are 99 cents it looks like they are trying to get rid of excess movies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsdojo For This Useful Post:
djblade (June 4th, 2011), incaroca (June 4th, 2011)
Unread June 4th, 2011, 03:29 AM

You're right djsdojo. Dish is doing everythin it can to get the stores going. Now if only they can lower the price of My One and Only to .25 cents, maybe we'll get rid of them.
Unread June 4th, 2011, 04:16 AM
IHBB Freak

OK, I'll admit it-- I've been inside a Blockbuster in the past month. Though the atmosphere still reeks of desperation (making calls to inactive members to tell them of new ownership and come check it out?) I couldn't pass on 5 for $25 blu-rays.

But that's not saying much. I enjoyed the hell out of getting almost $500 worth of shit for $75 at Circuit City, and they closed for good two weeks later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread June 4th, 2011, 05:02 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
You're right djsdojo. Dish is doing everythin it can to get the stores going.
This excludeds running water, sealed roofs, ontime / prestreet movies, micro-managing, actual product to sell, anything else?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Darkfall28 (June 4th, 2011)
Unread June 4th, 2011, 07:52 AM

rumor has it that most stores in my district are about $5K down for May from April, mostly due to the fact that no one got any new releases all month. I'd bet May will break the $100 million loss mark.
Unread June 4th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
I couldn't pass on 5 for $25 blu-rays
you get ripped off or something? Supposed to be 5 for $20
Unread June 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
IHBB Freak

Maybe it was 5 for $20. I really don't remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread June 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
IHBB Freak

Clearly they gave you a free $5 candy bundle plus your four blu-rays for $25.
Unread June 4th, 2011, 10:29 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
I have no room for complaints really BBV has done nothing but impressed me the last few days I have worked there!!

1. I actually get to interact with customers now instead of just trying to just push sales on the customers. I still ask the customers if they want "movie snacks" but good thing its not forced upon me to sell it.

2. We lower our prices!! And giving customers a free rental everyday this month.

3. We put a lot of the crap that was not selling (mp3 players, posters, books, electronics) in out store on clearence and it looks like that stuff is not coming back thank god!!

4. A lot of movies are 99 cents it looks like they are trying to get rid of excess movies.

You are right! I did like that pressure off of the SELL SELL SELL crap. I haven't been on the floor talking with customers FOR A LONG ASS TIME!!! I think the last time was 2007 lol but anyways its feels good and I helped so many people out that they are starting to remember me because they like my recommendation or taste in movies! For me I can't remember them all. Some freak me out and I was like "Did I really help this person?" hahaha I only can remember the ones that actually open and talk about funny stuff about movies or action stuff. Also, I'm happy we are clearing out all these crappy B movies too
Unread June 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruka_Salt View Post
Clearly they gave you a free $5 candy bundle plus your four blu-rays for $25.
To be completely honest, I get really irate when my employees do that. I even had my former store manager (who is unemployed now -- Hi, Bill!) change the sign and say that the bundle is a part of the 5 for $25 deal. Straight-up lying to customer is piss-poor service.