I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 9th, 2008, 10:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redstar3894
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief76 View Post
Our district is pushing GTA4 hard....minimum of 20 presales per store with hopes of reaching 60 presales for that good old TNR. So Far we have 8 presales which it has been easier to deal with then SB for Wii.
Oh god, GTA4 has been WAY easier to presale...it's made me feel almost criminal sometimes...

But with SSB, we sold out of our regular (non-presold) copies in about 2 hours and we had people asking the rest of the day about it...it was a very satisfying feeling telling them they should have pre-ordered it when we asked them...

-Unknown
Unread March 9th, 2008, 11:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar3894 View Post
Oh god, GTA4 has been WAY easier to presale...it's made me feel almost criminal sometimes...

But with SSB, we sold out of our regular (non-presold) copies in about 2 hours and we had people asking the rest of the day about it...it was a very satisfying feeling telling them they should have pre-ordered it when we asked them...
They lasted that long at your store? At mine they were gone by 11am.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread March 10th, 2008, 12:22 AM

im so glad noone asked me about SSBB this morning because I opened alone and forgot to ask my SM if by chance we had any presales. (small game rental/retail when it comes to the Wii)

Though I hope we can rock at the GTA4 presale we have tons of people with 360's
Unread March 10th, 2008, 09:00 AM
IHBB GOD

I forgot all about it. Spent the day doing prp and working on the wall for NR.
The top Poster!
Unread March 10th, 2008, 11:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to Redstar3894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
They lasted that long at your store? At mine they were gone by 11am.
I may be slightly exaggerating, this is just what I heard from the person who opened that morning...

Regardless, I'm sure they disappeared pretty quickly...

-Unknown
Unread April 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to justanotherworker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
the problem with the wii, lets be honest, its a family game system. and most hard core gamers, own the wii, but don't just buy games for it. a kid that works for me, has every system under the sun, he went right out and bought assasins creed the day it came out, prolly had it pre-ordered for months. he occasionally rents wii games, but not on a regular basis.

so the GTA will be hella easier to presale, because I rent more 360 games than i do anything else. GTA will have online capabilites, so that makes it an easier sell to the hard core gamers.

from what i understand, the goals will be huge on this. good luck everyone.

(and i am a 11pm store, i will not be having a midnight sale.)
we are an 11 pm store also, but with the last wii mario smash brothers, they made us stay open till 1 am.
Unread April 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
IHBB GOD

had gt pre sale last week, and started week off with 1 presale this week for mario. cant seem to do better than that on presales.
Unread April 3rd, 2008, 12:13 AM

Yesterday, I had a thirty-something woman come up to me with Saints Row and Devil May Cry 4, and when I asked her if she wanted to preorder Grand Theft Auto, she gave me a look like I'd just asked her to buy crack and said, "My kids don't play those kinds of games."
Unread April 3rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherworker View Post
we are an 11 pm store also, but with the last wii mario smash brothers, they made us stay open till 1 am.
I totally forgot to not close at the regular time.