I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM

Anyone else ever experience this?

I have been top in sales since the beginning of the summer escape pass. Now this next week my hours have been cut in half. Does this make any sense or is the Store Manager trying to get me to quit for some reason? He keeps ignoring my phone calls and text messages. Could he be quitting soon and the District Manager making the schedule?

Last edited by BBVSlave; July 26th, 2009 at 11:24 PM.
Unread July 26th, 2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVSlave View Post
I have been top in sales since the beginning of the summer escape pass. Now this next week my hours have been cut in half. Does this make any sense or is the Store Manager trying to get me to quit for some reason? He keeps ignoring my phone calls and text messages. Could he be quitting soon and the District Manager making the schedule?
I wouldn't look too much into it if it's just one week. How many hours do you have? When you start getting down to like... one 3 hour shift a week, then it's bad.
Unread July 27th, 2009, 05:39 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Talk to him face to face. Although ever one at my store got their hours cut this week.
The top Poster!
Unread July 27th, 2009, 10:28 AM

It was cut to 15 but now he put me on for the normal 35 after we talked about the situation.
Unread July 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
It was cut to 15 but now he put me on for the normal 35 after we talked about the situation.
Be careful... he might be looking to get you to quit, or to fire you

It's not just labor hours that are being cut, but also jobs. If they can't afford you, they'll let you know. So be careful.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread July 28th, 2009, 09:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Dude...everything is fine. Keep banking on your future at Blockbuster because they are the leaders in the home entertainment industry. Hollywood NEEDS them to make any REAL money. Netflix will never be a threat to Blockbuster, let alone digital streaming or any of those other new-fangled ideas. Everyone loves Blockbuster.
The reason your hours were cut next week is probably because they wanted you out of the store so they could set-up for a surprise party for you...it happens at every store. Things should be back to normal after the party.
Unread July 28th, 2009, 09:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Dude...everything is fine. Keep banking on your future at Blockbuster because they are the leaders in the home entertainment industry. Hollywood NEEDS them to make any REAL money. Netflix will never be a threat to Blockbuster, let alone digital streaming or any of those other new-fangled ideas. Everyone loves Blockbuster.
The reason your hours were cut next week is probably because they wanted you out of the store so they could set-up for a surprise party for you...it happens at every store. Things should be back to normal after the party.
Gee.for once your on the mark............
The top Poster!
Unread July 28th, 2009, 09:14 PM

by that analogy we would have a party every week maybe thats why blockbuster is going bankrupt, because of all the cake they buy.
Unread July 28th, 2009, 09:17 PM
IHBB GOD

damnit, I forgot to order the cake this week.....
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (July 29th, 2009), ripGRUSH (July 28th, 2009)
Unread July 28th, 2009, 11:30 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Everyone loves Blockbuster.
B/c we all know how much you love the company.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
The Following User Says Thank You to redfay For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (July 29th, 2009)