I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 18th, 2011, 05:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Its back and Dish is doing something about it. Will post more information soon!
Unread July 18th, 2011, 08:36 PM

My understanding from what I read in the communication update this week, it is back but this plan is on applicable to f/t employees
Unread July 20th, 2011, 06:29 PM
IHBB GOD

Ok....The rules have changed which I don't like at all.

--Eligibility
All regular full-time employees are eligible to enroll in a course on or after the first day of the month following 90 days of employment.

----Employees will be reimbursed for 75% of the cost of books and tuition to a maximum of $2,000 per year. The employee must receive a minimum grade of “B” to be eligible for reimbursement.“B-“ is not reimbursable under the program.

---Tuition reimbursement is provided for courses offered by approved accredited institutions of learning such as colleges,
universities or trade schools. Courses must be, in the Company’s opinion, directly or reasonably related to an
employee’s present job, part of a degree program which relates to employment and in line with a position that the
Company believes can reasonably be achieved. Courses must not interfere with job responsibilities and must be
taken on the employee’s own time.
Unread July 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM

Funny thing is that full time employees must have open availability. So taking any classes will make you ineligible for the full time role you currently have. So you will be demoted or let go. Therefore no tuition reimbursements will actually be paid out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to libra For This Useful Post:
chapter11buster (July 20th, 2011), Hot Head (July 21st, 2011), inkedangel (July 20th, 2011)
Unread July 20th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Damn like Blockbuster or not, but when they had the money to do their own tuition reimbursement it was pretty sweet. I would get money back for getting C's, and I didn't even have a major, just took liberal art classes.
Unread July 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM
IHBB GOD

Well, that sucks, since most stores around here no longer have full time help. They have been told to hire only part timers.
The top Poster!